Movie talk

36 replies to this topic

#21 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 11:16 PM

Saw Wolverine today (so much for I-Desk...)
Does anyone know if the plan is to do a movie on each?

#22 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 09 May 2009 - 12:03 PM

So, I hired out 'Slumdog Millionaire' last night... I LOVED IT! I watched it a little late in the night, so I was getting a little restless towards the end, but wow - I really, really enjoyed it. The younger Jamal and Salim were so AWESOME! I thought they had the funniest scenes in the entire movie. Infact, the whole movie could have just starred them and I wouldn't have minded one bit!

Overall, I think it is one of those movies that is deserving of all the praise it gets! It's just a great, uplifting movie... even though it was tinged with a lot sadness as well.

#23 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 10:30 AM

i watched twilight just now and didnt' like it. :-(
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#24 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 03 July 2009 - 02:11 PM

i watched twilight just now and didnt' like it. :-(

I didn't get all the fuss about Twilight either. And, was every one in that whole picture supposed to be that pale??
I watched Transformers 2 yesterday. It was good.

#25 AExAVF

AExAVF

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 698 posts

Posted 05 July 2009 - 03:02 PM

I also watched Transformers 2 last week. I found it OK, and there are some weak areas too. Not bad, but not that good either.

Of course, I also bought the DVD for the first TF movie, and am watching the 1986 cartoon movie as well.
"As an anchor Kate Bolduan has no equal; as a correspondent she has no known biases."
- lifted from the words of Victor Caroli as he describes Predaking in the files of Teletraan II.

#26 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 15 July 2009 - 09:59 PM

HP6. They just keep getting better.

#27 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 18 July 2009 - 11:55 PM

I prefer older movies and I mean really old from the golden era of Hollywood. I don't watch a lot of new movies, usually I watch them 2 or 3 years after they are released.
Last 2 days I rewatched Alexander and Troy and I love both. I don't understand why was Alexandar such a flop and a critical failure. :-(
I think the last new movie I watched was Sex and The City and that's cause I love the series and the movie didn't disappoint.

I'm looking forward to the Sopranos movie, it's one of my favorite series.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#28 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 08:19 PM

Harry Potter!!!!!!
Who's up for it? I've spent almost half of my life watching these films and reading the books, so I'm really really really looking forward to watching this on Thursday!

#29 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 11 July 2011 - 01:13 AM

Opens here Friday. We've made the first showing of all the opening days and not about to miss now. Guess will watch Hallows Pt.1 again Thursday night to refresh.
Someday need to reread the books.

#30 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 03:44 AM

And a fine ending it was.

#31 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 16 July 2011 - 04:11 AM

Turned out better than I expected.

#32 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2011 - 05:56 PM

Just came back from watching it. Loved it! This one in particular deserves all the love and recognition.

#33 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 23 July 2011 - 04:50 AM

A friend sent me this link about weather in the Star Wars universe.
Wish I was that creative.

#34 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:02 AM

One for sci-fi / horror fans. Apollo 18! I can't wait to see it. http://www.movieweb....lo-18/trailer-2

#35 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 18 August 2011 - 08:52 PM

Came back from watching Midnight in Paris. Best movie I've seen in a long time. :Yes:

#36 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 20 August 2011 - 07:50 PM

Oops sorry, needed a delete.

Edited by Solar System, 26 April 2012 - 07:26 PM.

#37 Solar System

Solar System

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,375 posts

Posted 27 November 2012 - 05:09 PM

'Tis the season to load up on DVD's. And a dang good time too since not much is playing at the theatre. A couple of years ago, you couldn't keep up with all the Oscar time movies that you wanted to see, now they are few and far between.

A couple of the movies in my inbox:

Posted Image

Synopsis:
Prisoners of War is the gripping ten-part drama on which the American series Homeland is based. When three Israeli Defence Force reservists are captured behind enemy lines in Lebanon their fate is unknown, that is until seventeen years later, when they mysteriously return - two of them alive, the third in a coffin. The story of their time in captivity unfolds as they attempt to reintegrate into society; trying to cope with the pressures of being reintroduced to their families and friends, as well as handling the national hero status being thrust upon them via the public limelight. The gripping plot unravels through three time plains; before capture, life in captivity and present day, which all intertwine to reveal dark secrets about their life in captivity.

In Prisoners of War (Hatufim - or 'abductees' in Hebrew), the story of their time in captivity unfolds as they attempt to reintegrate into society: they try to cope with the pressures of being reintroduced to their families and friends, as well as handling the national hero status being thrust upon them via the public limelight.

Posted Image

Synopsis:

This riveting Scandinavian noir thriller in the tradition of 'The Killing' and 'The Girl With the Dragon Tattoo', stars Tuva Novotny (Eat Pray Love, Stoned) as a woman who awakens on a remote riverbank with a head wound, a bag with 2 million Euros and no memory of what happened or who she is. Attempting to piece together the complex mystery of her past, she soon realises there are violent strangers on her tail and her life is in grave danger. Also starring Flemming Enevold (The Killing II) and Carsten Bjornlund (The Thing; The Killing II), ID:A boasts a taut Hitchcockian plot that expertly teases the viewer with gradually revealed fragments of information before unveiling the final shocking truth.

A woman wakes up in a river. Wounded and without memory, then races to elude mysterious followers and recover from amnesia.

Posted Image

Synopsis:
The story plays out over the course of a day and a night at hotel Close for Heaven, a cosmopolitan place where people of various races, nationalities, and cultures meet. Not even at the turn of the millennium is it easy to be black in a Czech city. A thirty-year-old Kenyan named Samuel stands at the edge of the hotel roof recalling his native land. He spreads his arms, closes his eyes, and flings himself off. Then time stops, allowing Samuel to explain why he has decided to take his life. He introduces the viewer to the hotel´s denizens, the people who at one time or another have crossed his path: his beautiful Swedish love named Emily, his African family, the Siamese twins Kira and Mína, the conjurer Ernest, a society of old séance enthusiasts, the mysterious Mr. Jägermeister, and last but not least the hotel owner, Mr. Gut. Thus unfolds a story of multiple perspectives which culminates in an entirely unexpected way.

Close to Heaven' is the last bohemian hotel in Prague, inhabited by a bizarre assortment of people, all of whose fates will become entwined in one moment of magic.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users