Photo

Nooww - A news website waiting to be discovered!

8 replies to this topic

#1 benji21

benji21

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 23 September 2013 - 09:20 PM

Hi guys,

Just wanted to share with you a great news website that offers a fast and easy way to keep up with all the latest news from around the world. It's easy to browse, you just have to slide through the pictures! Hope you'll enjoy it.

http://www.nooww.com

#2 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 07:35 AM

You agree, through your use of this service, that you will not use this bulletin board to post any material which advertises a company or service.

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#3 benji21

benji21

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 24 September 2013 - 11:32 PM

Sorry. I think I was just misled by the description of the 'Web Links' section that says: "Have you found a great website you'd like to share?" Thought I could do that...

#4 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 01:26 AM

Interesting. Seems like there's a conflict between the forum description and the forum rules...

Can any moderators address this?

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#5 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:17 AM

I'm not a moderator, but I don't mind benji's link on this part of the forum. The website may not be directly linked to the general topic of this board, i.e. CNN, but the poster is not a bot, he's not posting about that site all around forum and his site is not spam or completely unrelated to topics we often discuss around here. Plus it doesn't seem like a commercial juggernaut, which is why I don't really see that link as an ad at this point. I know it can be a grey area, but technically we could consider any link to be against the rules, including those three Twitter feeds in NZCNNFan's signature or anything anyone posted anywhere to support their argument. Just my opinion.

#6 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:26 PM

Ooh!
How fun.
Should I also learn how to enlarge my private parts and that 350+ women from my area are interested in me?
It is a "Great website" I want to share ; ]

#7 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

Plus it doesn't seem like a commercial juggernaut, which is why I don't really see that link as an ad at this point.

Member Since 16 Sep 2013
Active Posts - 2 (all in this topic)
Not a spammer, not a spammer, not a spammer.

#8 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 12:29 PM

But it's news related and he's not affiliated. I don't see a problem.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#9 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 25 September 2013 - 08:45 PM

I'll give it a stab. Advertising a company or service would be for profit - i.e. "oh, go look at this page of handmade belts. They are so nice. And cheap."

Posting a link to a news recap site or a person's site etc., where there is no selling or advertising- I don't see a problem. It appears to be a recap of news and has a substantial Facebook site. I also ran three different checks for viruses and malware and all came back clean. Maybe benji21 is involved with it, or just likes it or thought it would be a good jumping into the fray post.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users