138 replies to this topic

#121 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 07:35 PM

I love the "Pay is based on worth & value."

Well, she wasn't worth a plugged nickel. One move CNN absolutely got right.

#122 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:32 PM

For someone who is theoretically a professional sports anchor, she doesn't know her facts.  Women's Soccer (football) in the US draws bigger crowds than Men's Soccer and makes more money.  

#123 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 05 April 2016 - 10:33 PM

I think you should check's out Lara's Twitter feed, some interesting 'views' on there

Thanks for thie tip.  I'm sure that Jordy and Revorushun (spelling?) love it.  

#124 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:47 PM

I think you should check's out Lara's Twitter feed, some interesting 'views' on there

Thanks for thie tip.  I'm sure that Jordy and Revorushun (spelling?) love it.

Wow, when I first saw this comment I thought Lara was coming back!!! But now I'm unhappy because she's not.

Do we think that Lara is right wing then? It's amazing that it get's brought up, yet Hala can be outspoken and lefty on her nightly show, yet no one bats and eyelid. :) Just saying.

#125 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 08:11 PM

I'm sure I brought up her "disscassion" with Richard about a Muslim passenger being kicked off a flight and she also often puts her opinion onto the Facebook page. Lara seems to have more conservative-leaning viewpoints (which I disagree with) but I'm sure she's not that bad.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#126 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 08:38 PM

JD.  I don't recall the discussion re: Muslim passenger.  Could you retell? Thanks.  

#127 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 09:24 PM

JD.  I don't recall the discussion re: Muslim passenger.  Could you retell? Thanks.  

I think Richard was appearing on Hala's show as he usually does for business news about 30 minutes before his show, but he was talking about how Muslim passengers were kicked off a flight and Hala said it was terrible while Richard tried to make sense of it (not condone!) but saying how it was easier to keep everyone else happy and piss a few people off rather than have to possibly divert the plane mid flight due to an argument or something.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#128 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 April 2016 - 11:12 PM

I think Richard was appearing on Hala's show as he usually does for business news about 30 minutes before his show, but he was talking about how Muslim passengers were kicked off a flight and Hala said it was terrible while Richard tried to make sense of it (not condone!) but saying how it was easier to keep everyone else happy and piss a few people off rather than have to possibly divert the plane mid flight due to an argument or something.

Oh yeah, I remember reading about it here now.

And this is aimed at Jordy:  But is being in support of a religious minority being kicked off a plane being "a lefty?"  I like to think of it as being someone who understands the US Constitution.  It was the other passenger(s) who caused the problem and not the Muslim woman.  S so why shouldn't the problem maker be kicked off? What if other passengers didn't like Jews, or Catholics, or black folks or Sikhs?  Or are they in a different category?  

If you want news with a conservative bias watch Fox.  

#129 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 05:08 AM

https://www.facebook...35034596512826/

#130 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 08 April 2016 - 03:24 PM

Thanks

#131 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:04 AM

JD. I don't recall the discussion re: Muslim passenger. Could you retell? Thanks.

Oh yeah, I remember reading about it here now.

And this is aimed at Jordy: But is being in support of a religious minority being kicked off a plane being "a lefty?" I like to think of it as being someone who understands the US Constitution. It was the other passenger(s) who caused the problem and not the Muslim woman. S so why shouldn't the problem maker be kicked off? What if other passengers didn't like Jews, or Catholics, or black folks or Sikhs? Or are they in a different category?

If you want news with a conservative bias watch Fox.
To be fair CA, it wasn't just that I was referring to, there's many things. She's pro immigration, not surprising as she has a Syrian background, but she shouldn't be putting this out as a host.

In regards to the plane, I agree with Hala on this one, but she shouldn't be so arrogant with her views as a host.

Also, you mention the US consitution, well she's supposed to be hosting an international show aimed at Europe, so her national constitution should have no effect here.

Please don't spin my criticism on a person's actions and come out that I am on the right.

I don't want any bias in news, just for the news to let me decide, and not someone lkke Hala to decide what I should be thinking, thats all.

One a seperate note, people are always being told to be speak up if anything looks amiss in regards to terrorism, so maybe they was in the right to speak up on that plane, but I don't know as I wasn't in that situation, it's a situation where they maybe truly throught their lives were at potential risk. It's the media that has created this sterotyping, not the public.

Another thing, I have criticised Richard many times on here, so it's not as if I'm on his side. He was simply apporaching his view on a business apporoach to the situation and maybe 'common sense' - who knows? and Hala got shouty.

Just because I criticise one side, doesn't mean I support the other. All is fair in my game.

Edited by Jordy, 10 April 2016 - 10:06 AM.

#132 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 10:06 PM

Yeah, I agree that Richard was just trying to put forward the logical decision. I probably agree with Hala on most things as I would consider myself a liberal or progressive but I prefer a unbiased newscast - something that most of us in the UK or around the world probably take for granted as it could be a lot worse if we lived in the USA.

#133 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 10 April 2016 - 11:37 PM

Do you Brits really think that the BBC is unbiased?  It isn't.  It's just biased in a way you find acceptable.  

#134 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 10:30 AM

Do you Brits really think that the BBC is unbiased?  It isn't.  It's just biased in a way you find acceptable.

I don't. They are biased with with alot of things, but generally the Brits don't see it/ don't want to see it. They see the BBC as their holy grail.

Just out of interest CA, why do you think they're (bbc) biased? Just like to see if it's the same reasons that I see it.

Unfortunatley, they are the best news service that the UK has, and by far the most watched/ listened news service.

#135 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 12:25 PM

I don't. They are biased with with alot of things, but generally the Brits don't see it/ don't want to see it. They see the BBC as their holy grail.
Just out of interest CA, why do you think they're (bbc) biased? Just like to see if it's the same reasons that I see it.
Unfortunatley, they are the best news service that the UK has, and by far the most watched/ listened news service.

The BBC is good at a lot things but fall down in other areas. Here in the UK they receive quite a bit of criticism in the press, especially in right wing outlets like the Daily Mail. But with people complaining from both the right and left about the BBC being biased they must be doing something right. Channel 4 News and BBC News are the two best news services on TV here.

#136 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 01:33 PM

Do you Brits really think that the BBC is unbiased? It isn't. It's just biased in a way you find acceptable.

The BBC is good at a lot things but fall down in other areas. Here in the UK they receive quite a bit of criticism in the press, especially in right wing outlets like the Daily Mail. But with people complaining from both the right and left about the BBC being biased they must be doing something right. Channel 4 News and BBC News are the two best news services on TV here.
Yeah, that is true, the BBC has a lot of critism for being both left and right bias.

Anyway, Lara, where is she now?

Edited by Jordy, 11 April 2016 - 01:33 PM.

#137 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 04:24 PM

I don't think she's doing anything the now.

#138 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 05:29 PM

I don't think she's doing anything the now.

Let's get Lara back on CNNI! Although I do like Kate Riley. She could even do a sports update during Hala's show. :)

#139 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 April 2016 - 07:32 PM

Yeah, I'd prefer in programme sport updates before a check of the weather in the last quarter of each hour instead of the daily shows.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users