CNN.com

450 replies to this topic

#1 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 20 May 2007 - 02:19 AM

I can't believe there's not a Pipeline thread. If there is, I missed it.

Anyway, I finally got it going, but I have two questions (for now):

1. Any way to make it full scrren - I hate this tiny picture.

2. And as Spitfire has shown, it can be capped. HOW????

Thanks.

#2 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 04:19 PM

Houston:

Full Screen ? Don't think so.

Capped, how ?

1. Hold down Shift + PrtSc (Print Screen key) then release.
2. Start / Run / Open: mspaint / OK button
3. Ctrl + V
4. Click on Eraser one time
5. Click on Select tool one time
4. Use Select tool (dashed square symbol) to select portion of screen to cap
5. Click Edit then click Copy
6. Click File then click New then click No to Save dialog box
7. Click Edit then click Paste
8. Resize paint document with little black squares on the corners.

NOTE: There may be other much easier ways than this, but probably less fun!
This is just a suggested method that works universally on Microsoft Windows.
Please give feedback if any problems with the steps outlined above.

Enjoy.

#3 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 21 May 2007 - 10:04 PM

They say double click on video for full screen.

Thanks.

#4 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 10:58 AM

.:Source: Wall Street Journal
.:Link: Click here for full article

CNN.com could soon offer local U.S. news.

In a strategy shift, CNN, known primarily for national and international news, is expected to announce a deal that will allow it to offer more local news on its Web site and, it hopes, land a bigger slice of the fast-growing market for local online ads.

The deal, with Internet Broadcasting, a privately held Minneapolis-based company that publishes the Web sites of 70 local TV stations, allows CNN to use local stories from any of those sites, and vice versa. As part of the deal, CNN is also taking a minority equity stake in the company.

From a consumer perspective, the new arrangement won't look much different from what now exists on the sites of CNN's chief rivals in online news, MSNBC and Yahoo. Like those sites, CNN.com will include local news among its top stories of the day, and surfers will be able to move back and forth between national, international and local news.

The big difference will be in the business arrangement that CNN has struck with its partner. MSNBC and Yahoo syndicate stories from outlets such as the Associated Press and Reuters. CNN, by contrast, hopes that the content-swap arrangement will drive up user traffic both on CNN.com and the local sites, allowing all parties involved to charge higher advertising rates. That would theoretically pave the way for Internet Broadcasting affiliates to expand their national ad sales.

Also from the article, a redesigned website will be rolled out during Summer, and all live and archived video will be FREE.

#5 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 02:08 PM

.:Source: Atlanta Journal-Constitution (Via: ICN)

Houston, you could have saved your money by holding out a little longer. CNN Pipeline is set to become a free service in July. According to the article, you'll be entitled to a refund though.

The free-lunch-on-the-Internet crowd has won another round.

CNN is giving up on the idea of charging for CNN Pipeline, launched in late 2005 as a $25-a-year service providing four "streams" of video with footage of breaking news.

CNN plans to redesign and repackage its Internet offerings, said spokeswoman Jennifer L. Martin. Plans call for "folding" Pipeline into that new format on July 1.

#6 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 22 May 2007 - 05:58 PM

I actually did the 90 day free trial - so it would be good til August til I had to pay- but this news is even better!

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 06:23 AM

I'm watching CNN Today and it just hit me - not only do they not run World Sport, but every time when the sports is suppose to come on they run a PowerPoint show (weather and some headlines) instead. Now why in the world would they not run sport reports on Pipeline?

#8 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 29 May 2007 - 05:45 PM

This just in:
Starting July 1st: CNN Pipeline's Live News service will be FREE

You're a valued CNN Pipeline subscriber, and we wanted to let you know that we're upgrading CNN.com. To bring you an enhanced news experience, Live Video will be free. You will no longer need to subscribe to CNN Pipeline to see Live Video.

No further action is required for CNN Pipeline subscribers. Refund information is below.

If you have a monthly subscription, your credit card will no longer be billed for CNN Pipeline and your June service will be FREE.

If you're an annual subscriber, you'll be receiving a refund for the unused portion of your subscription 7-10 days from now. Please review your billing history before July 1st for refund information.

Starting July 1st, you'll be watching news in a whole new way at CNN.com.

-The CNN.com Team
More video.
More news.
More people saying,

#9 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 29 May 2007 - 07:06 PM

Here's what I got from CNN.com in my mailbox:

Starting July 1st: CNN Pipeline's
Live News service will be FREE

You're a valued CNN Pipeline subscriber, and we wanted to let you know that we're upgrading CNN.com. To bring you an enhanced news experience, Live Video will be free. You will no longer need to subscribe to CNN Pipeline to see Live Video.

No further action is required for CNN Pipeline subscribers. Refund information is below.

If you have a monthly subscription, your credit card will no longer be billed for CNN Pipeline and your June service will be FREE.

If you're an annual subscriber, you'll be receiving a refund for the unused portion of your subscription 7-10 days from now. Please review your billing history before July 1st for refund information.

Starting July 1st, you'll be watching news in a whole new way at CNN.com.

-The CNN.com Team
More video.
More news.

I JUST HOPE THEY DON'T CANCEL CNNI IN THE MORNINGS!!!
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#10 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 01:56 AM

.:Source: Turner Info

CNN.com picks up EPpy Award.

CNN.com was honored this week with an EPpy Award by Editor & Publisher and Mediaweek magazines for the Best Use of Video in a Web Site with more than 1 million unique monthly visitors.

#11 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 11:50 AM

An open question to any staff member of the CNN web team.

When will you people update the CNN International TV page on CNN.com? You still have the old title cards for programs like World News, Your World Today, Business International, World Report, etc.

It looks totally unprofessional to have the old show graphics and logos on the site some 15 or so months after the new look was introduced.

http://edition.cnn.c...ternational.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...z.traveller.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...rrespondent.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...n/wdzeurope.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...on/cnntoday.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...world.today.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...n/talk.asia.jpg
http://edition.cnn.c...orld.report.jpg

#12 nyangel1987

nyangel1987

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 30 May 2007 - 08:48 PM

good news. thank you for the information! :wink:
Friendship often ends in love... but love in friendship - never.
(Charles Caleb Colton)

#13 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 31 May 2007 - 12:25 AM

.:Source: Media Week (Via TV Newser)

More on the new CNN.com which will be launching soon.

CNN.com is planning to implement a bold redesign this summer that will see the site utilize Web 2.0 technologies like Ajax while also opening the site up to links from competing news sites.

A public beta of the new site is expected to go live sometime this week, with the official relaunch scheduled for July 1. David Payne, CNN.com's senior vp and general manager, said the site will allow users to access multiple aspects of big news stories on a single Web page, including text, video, photos, related stories and user-generated content.

"The cornerstone of what we are trying to do is achieve integrated storytelling," said Payne, who described the planned changes as "taking the house down to its foundation."

Because the site will use Ajax technology to facilitate these changes, Payne expects that CNN.com's page-view numbers will take a hit (sites that use Ajax can refresh or change content without loading a new page), but he believes the industry is beginning to gravitate to alternative metrics such as time spent.

Perhaps an even bigger shift in philosophy will happen later this year when CNN.com will begin linking to other news sites, even competitors.

#14 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 01 June 2007 - 11:34 AM

FLASH! (Via TV Newser) The new, beta version of CNN's website is online. Click here to check it out

My first thought - Pretty simple, clutter free, looks much neater without the advertisements everywhere.

#15 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 06:15 AM

When they say its free, do they mean it is free to the selected 30-40 countries or all over the world? Because Pipeline is not available in my country.

#16 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 11 June 2007 - 03:37 AM

I'm watching CNN Today and it just hit me - not only do they not run World Sport, but every time when the sports is suppose to come on they run a PowerPoint show (weather and some headlines) instead. Now why in the world would they not run sport reports on Pipeline?

Maybe it's because they don't have the rights and permissions to run video and photos of sport events on Internet, only those they put on their web site. Contracts of image broadcasts are very strict.

#17 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 01:17 PM

FLASH! (Via TV Newser) The new, beta version of CNN's website is online. Click here to check it out

My first thought - Pretty simple, clutter free, looks much neater without the advertisements everywhere.

Eww, I hate it. I just love the present one.

#18 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 22 June 2007 - 12:16 PM

.:Source: CNN Asia Pacific
.:Related Link: CNN.com Special Report

This is from a couple of days ago. "Impact Your World" special report and initiative on CNN.com.

As people seek more and more ways to respond to news around the world, CNN Worldwide has created "IMPACT YOUR WORLD," an initiative developed to empower its global audience to make a difference in response to the stories they see. After a quarter of a century as the world leader in news and information, CNN Worldwide takes a leadership role in helping viewers and users effect change.

"After catastrophic events such as the tsunami in Southeast Asia and Hurricane Katrina, we saw that people no longer wanted to be passive about the news, they wanted to respond to the news," said Jim Walton, president of CNN Worldwide. "In direct response to that demand, CNN developed the 'IMPACT YOUR WORLD' initiative as a destination focused on empowering every member of our audience with the tools and resources to act the moment they connect with a CNN story and wonder, 'What can I do?'"

Launched in conjunction with Today's World Refugee Day, "IMPACT YOUR WORLD" extends across all of CNN Worldwide's networks and services, directing the audience to the initiative's hub at http://www.CNN.com/IMPACT and external resources. Online, "Impact" buttons on select stories will link people directly to resource pages showing how they can help.

#19 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 23 June 2007 - 06:29 PM

Wow. They actually had Terry Badoo on doing the sports. Good sign or slip up?

#20 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 27 June 2007 - 06:00 PM

Slip up.
Now, their cutting off Pipeline today:

Thank you for being a CNN Pipeline subscriber. We hope you enjoyed your
free access to Live Video over the past month.

We wanted to let you know that the Live Video you have been viewing on
CNN Pipeline will be available free on CNN.com beginning July 2, 2007.
CNN Pipeline broadcasts will be permanently discontinued on June 27,
2007. Then, beginning July 2nd, all CNN.com visitors will be able to
access live video right from the CNN.com homepage. You will still be able
to access our free video on demand clips on CNN.com throughout this
period.

So - no CNNI for a week and will they even bring it back? I am so disgusted with CNN. The US channel is a joke and they can't leave Pipeline alone. I guess when LKL is your highest rated show it doesn't say much for the people runnung the zoo.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users