CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 28 August 2007 - 11:34 AM

.:Source: Turner Info
.:Link: Click here for full article

CNN.com Adds Reggie Aqui to Online Anchor Team

Reggie Aqui has joined the CNN.com anchor team, it was announced today by Sandy Malcolm, executive producer of CNN.com video. As a CNN.com anchor, Aqui will guide users through news reports and breaking news coverage on the site's live video service and will anchor "Now in the News," a fast-paced hourly Web- and wireless-exclusive news update. He will also provide updates on CNN/U.S. and Headline News about the most popular stories on CNN.com.

#42 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 30 August 2007 - 02:04 PM

.:Source: bestsyndication.com
.:Link: Click here for full article

CNN.com to feature Google Ads.

CNN announced that they will be using Google's Adsense advertising program. This is small text ads that are relevant to the content on the page. Google has become the most profitable Internet company because their excellent quality search and their superior advertising program.

Both Yahoo and Microsoft have been playing catch-up, but neither has formulated a better program. Google has more advertisers and has a more extensive publisher network than the others. Both CNN and Google will benefit from this multi-year agreement. In a statement, Google said they will be providing "auction-based text advertisements throughout CNN.com".

The deal makes sense. Google is the largest advertiser/search engine on the Internet. CNN is interested in providing news and information. The agreement will help CNN focus on this task.

"At CNN.com, our mission is laser-focused on providing up-to-the-minute news and information to our users," said David Payne, senior vice president and general manager of CNN.com. "Our new relationship with Google will deliver relevant ads to our users, enhancing their overall experience on CNN.com. We look forward to a successful partnership."

#43 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:30 AM

Well, he couldn't make it in Houston, so he turns up on CNN.com. Not surprising.

Has anyone ever seen BI on the new and improved CNN.com video? I'm just wondering why they advertise something they don't show...
Attached File  WNA on Saturday.JPG   39.08KB   503 downloads

#44 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

Well, he couldn't make it in Houston, so he turns up on CNN.com. Not surprising.

Has anyone ever seen BI on the new and improved CNN.com video? I'm just wondering why they advertise something they don't show...
[attachment=0]WNA on Saturday.JPG[/attachment]

At 0600 EST Business International is on, I don't catch it until 0645 since i'm much too lazy to get up at 0600 :P I never miss WNA at 0700 with Anjali, not Andrew

They advertise the shows that are on, if it is 'Now in the News' they name all of the different stories they cover

#45 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 09 September 2007 - 07:15 PM

I don't think they cut the stream on here early enough for BI. I have seen WNA. Plus I capped that on a weekend.
And now they've gone and tweaked again, this time what ever they did has made the signal worse. Why couldn't they have just left Pipeline alone. (And Folger's - we WON"T be drinking your coffee anymore.)
Attached File  RV 1.JPG   29.56KB   453 downloads

#46 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 September 2007 - 02:38 PM

I've noticed that the quality seems to have gone worse over the last few days - as the above cap of Ralitsa (great cap Houston :D ) shows, everything seems more white and washed out. The globe background is so bright you can only see part of it. The quality was bad enough before, but now it's just terrible. Oh well... at least they still show CNNI on CNN.com Live - it wouldn't surprise me if they axed it completely soon :( :( :( .

#47 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 13 September 2007 - 06:46 PM

I've seen a few caps of CNN Today HK on this site today, from CNN.com Live. Have they only just made this show available on CNN.com Live, or is just that no-one here has ever capped it before? :)

#48 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 11:16 AM

I've seen a few caps of CNN Today HK on this site today, from CNN.com Live. Have they only just made this show available on CNN.com Live, or is just that no-one here has ever capped it before? :)

CNN.com has only made available a few hours of CNNi per day;

All times EST
0600 - 0700 : Business International
0700 - 0800 : World News Asia
0800 - 2000 : Now in the News (In case you missed it) (CNN.com production)
2000 - 2230 : CNN Today
2230 - 0000 : Now in the News
0000 - 0600 : No Live Video

#49 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 05:44 PM

I think we get a different schedule. There's a lot of the weekend programing at night - ITME, AOL, IA, Movie show etc. plus their horrid home grown stuff. I can't believe that Shannon Cook has a show again...

And we only get weekends from 8am - 2pm CST. Only two Ralitsa WN.

I try to turn off CNN.com Live when they have In Case You Missed It or anything else non-CNNI on at night or on weekends. I never turn it on during the day. Today HK has always been on, but I only turn it on so it increases viewer count. Dumb luck to have caught and capped Ralitsa doing it.

#50 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 07:22 PM

I think we get a different schedule. There's a lot of the weekend programing at night - ITME, AOL, IA, Movie show etc. plus their horrid home grown stuff. I can't believe that Shannon Cook has a show again...

And we only get weekends from 8am - 2pm CST. Only two Ralitsa WN.

I try to turn off CNN.com Live when they have In Case You Missed It or anything else non-CNNI on at night or on weekends. I never turn it on during the day. Today HK has always been on, but I only turn it on so it increases viewer count. Dumb luck to have caught and capped Ralitsa doing it.

I hate all of the CNN.com shows they do, I also hate Nicole Lapin, more reason why not to watch ICYMI

#51 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 18 September 2007 - 10:49 AM

I don't understand why anyone would get rid of CNNI to put this CNN.com Live trash on instead. :shock: Some strange people must work at CNN.

#52 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 23 September 2007 - 07:17 AM

CNN's decision to change to its new superior I-Report format, while deprecating the proven format of the CNNfan forums has now led CNN.com to its lowest ratings in the past 5 years across the board according to the website traffic statistics published by Alexa.com.

CNN.com 5 year Ratings graph:

http://www.alexa.com...p://www.cnn.com

Posted Image

I-Report turns one year old - CNN.com

During the years before I-Report, the graphs provide evidence that CNNfan forums were a proven format that put human beings first, generating interest in visiting CNN.com.

The I-Report format over last year has virtually eliminated this group dynamic, as there is no interaction between individuals within a digital camera lense and no discussion at an I-Report upload site. So, the I-Report format must be flawed because it puts a digital camera, camcorder and computer first.

CNN.com needs to put visitors first and videos second to boost its website traffic statistics.

#53 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 15 October 2007 - 11:38 PM

Does CNN.com release numbers for their viewers of the CNN.com news feed? I can't imagine they are too high...

#54 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:46 AM

Sory David, I don't know about numbers for CNN.com Live, but Time Warner has just issued a press release saying:

- CNN is not only the most visited 'current events and global news' site in the world, but now also the top 'news and information' site, beating sites such as Wikipedia and the Weather Channel.

- Last month CNN.com had 1 billion minutes of page views, the only current events and global news site to do this ever.

- Here's some of the page view minutes other sites had: Wikipedia = 781 million; Yahoo News = 746 million; Fox (sorry, Faux) News = 375 million.

Well done CNN - I love the new website, and I think it certainly deserves these figures. It pays off to be innovative. :D

That's the press release summarized so you don't have to trawl through the whole thing - here's the original:

CNN No. 1 News and Information Brand Online; Tops Wikipedia, Weather.comOctober 15, 2007

The CNN Digital Network has staked a new high ground in September, topping not only all "Current Events and Global News" sites but also beating out all other "News and Information" sites including Internet stalwarts Wikipedia and the Weather Channel.

CNN has stood as the No. 1 site in the Current Events and Global News subcategory since 2005, according to Nielsen//NetRatings' Home and Work Panel data, but this latest leap takes it performance to the top of a new level. CNN's performance follows a major overhaul of CNN.com that includes new and innovative story-telling paradigms.

According to Nielsen, the network also registered more than 1 billion total usage minutes for the month. To date, the CNN Digital Network is the only Current Events and Global News destination ever to achieve 1 billion total usage minutes within a month, according to NetRatings data available back to January 2004. CNN last achieved that milestone in January 2006 and March 2006.

In September, the CNN Digital Network topped a billion total usage minutes with 1.022 billion minutes, 31 percent more than Wikipedia.com with 781 million minutes and 37 percent more than Yahoo News with 746 million minutes. Among other related sites, the MSNBC Digital Network had 679 million minutes and the Fox News Digital Network had 375 million minutes.

In the subcategory of Current Events and Global News, the CNN Digital Network maintained its No. 1 position for share of online news with 17 percent, compared to Yahoo News with 12 percent. For September, it also claimed the greatest share of online news in the broader News and Information category.

September also marked the second month in a row that the CNN Digital Network attracted more than 30 million unique users in a single month, registering 30.9 million unique users.

#55 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 16 October 2007 - 08:29 PM

1 billion minutes of page views

Why make it difficult and find the amount of time instead of the unique page views...

#56 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:33 PM

Though I haven't sen it myself, CNN en Espanol is apparently on .com Live now sometimes. (From http://www.cnnobservations.com - it really is an amazing site for CNN news)

Posted Image

#57 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 November 2007 - 06:27 PM

I notice CNN.com Live has one or two new features to resize the player: you can now have 'video only' and 'mini mode', which is nice.

Attached File  CNN.com Live 1.JPG   60.5KB   266 downloads

The content on CNN.com Live is awful (except for the very rare CNNI), but I commend CNN for their live video - it's better than anything else I've seen, and it's new technologies like this that set it apart from other inferior news organizations. :D

#58 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 14 November 2007 - 07:17 PM

http://pics.livejour...ch/pic/00er948d
That is a blast from the past. When CNN pipeline was something to use.

#59 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 04:27 PM

I wonder if people who had a subscription to CNN Pipeline got their money back when it had become a free service, I couldn't see why they would, but still...

#60 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 18 November 2007 - 11:29 PM

I wonder if people who had a subscription to CNN Pipeline got their money back when it had become a free service, I couldn't see why they would, but still...

Yeah, I got my money back.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users