80 replies to this topic

#21 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 02:12 AM

I wish they could do a hybrid Euronews/original Current TV format with no anchors and rotating content tied into the web. It probably wouldn't take that many resources to do.

I like the idea  of doing a Euro News style channel , as long as it's not like Touchvision.   They could keep Robin Meade in the Mornings and Nancy Grace  ,since those are the higheest rated shows. I do miss it being a  Headline news channel , that would be great compared to the other channels. 

#22 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:31 AM

I wish they could do a hybrid Euronews/original Current TV format with no anchors and rotating content tied into the web. It probably wouldn't take that many resources to do.

I like the idea  of doing a Euro News style channel , as long as it's not like Touchvision.   They could keep Robin Meade in the Mornings and Nancy Grace  ,since those are the higheest rated shows. I do miss it being a  Headline news channel , that would be great compared to the other channels. 

Any plan with Nancy Grace sticking around is a horrible idea.

At the same time, I also think that any plan that involves selling out the channel space to an outside party is an admission of defeat and a cowardly solution to HLN's problems. HLN has some prime channel space on almost every cable system in the US, so it would be very embarrassing for CNN/Turner to give up on it.

Edited by Charles, 26 August 2014 - 07:36 AM.

#23 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 08:55 AM

They should continue to try and aim for the younger audience in my opinion. That said, Albie Hecht's ideas are just way too extreme. They should still maintain some news network professionalism. A game show? Really?
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#24 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 09:18 AM

Are they still doing those ganeshows or what because as ot seems now nothings will change until the channel is sold.

#25 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:22 PM

At the same time, I also think that any plan that involves selling out the channel space to an outside party is an admission of defeat and a cowardly solution to HLN's problems. HLN has some prime channel space on almost every cable system in the US, so it would be very embarrassing for CNN/Turner to give up on it.

HLN  has been a confused mess for the past few years it is sad so I guess they want to cut their losses , I  do agree it would be a embarrassing for Time Warner to give up on it , especially selling it to Glenn Beck.  Like ,I said about about CNN , if anyone should buy HLN I think CBS News should try it. 

#26 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:27 PM

HLN  has been a confused mess for the past few years it is sad so I guess they want to cut their losses. , I  do agree it would be a embarrassing for Time Warner to give up on it , especially selling it to Glenn Beck.  Like ,I said about about CNN , if anyone should buy HLN I think CBS News should try it. 

They should continue to try and aim for the younger audience in my opinion. That said, Albie Hecht's ideas are just way too extreme. They should still maintain some news network professionalism. A game show? Really?

I hate how when they think of younger audience they think of dumbing  everything down.  And  making every social media and game shows won't help anything. 

#27 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:09 PM

If what FTVLive is reporting turns out to be true, then there's real panic at Turner and CNN. Can't remember when was the last time a big media conglomerate was so eagerly trying to get rid of one of its channels. Which one is next, CNN en Espanol or CNNI?

http://ftvlive.com/t...a-acquiring-hln

#28 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 August 2014 - 11:49 PM

It would definitely save money on the numerous executives HLN has. I just hope Robin Meade will still have a place at CNN. It would be a huge mistake to let her go.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#29 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 04:07 AM

If what FTVLive is reporting turns out to be true, then there's real panic at Turner and CNN. Can't remember when was the last time a big media conglomerate was so eagerly trying to get rid of one of its channels. Which one is next, CNN en Espanol or CNNI?

http://ftvlive.com/t...a-acquiring-hln

That does worry me. If they're willing to write off the second network that they ever launched, what's stopping them from shutting off the quasi-niche networks that came after it?

#30 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 29 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

Well, the Time Warner/VICE News deal fell through.

#31 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 03 December 2014 - 07:17 PM

Jeff Zucker said today that HLN is not for sale; meanwhile, all HLNers from NY and LA were in ATL for a network meeting, called Next Year Now.

#32 cnnatlproducer

cnnatlproducer

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 16 December 2014 - 02:37 PM

HLN has updated their website with the new logo and new colors which appear to take a magenta, gray, and black look. Social media has been upgraded too.

#33 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 10:28 PM

Now that we know what the "new HLN" will be like, do you guys honestly think it will succeed? Personally, I can't see the Daily Share doing more viewers than HLN's current daytime lineup, though I want it to succeed.

#34 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 28 December 2014 - 11:17 PM

I feel like the daily share will be same as HLn now by content

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#35 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 01:05 PM

Today marks the last day of the old HLN. It's the end of an era.

I hope some of you guys that can will be uploading signoffs from the old set for the last time, especially that of HLN Now.

Anyway, do you guys think that the new HLN will be a success, honestly speaking? And how do you guys expect the ratings of shows like Morning Express to change, especially now that that show's format is going to be tweaked to include social stuff.

#36 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 03:51 PM

Today marks the last day of the old HLN. It's the end of an era.

I hope some of you guys that can will be uploading signoffs from the old set for the last time, especially that of HLN Now.

Anyway, do you guys think that the new HLN will be a success, honestly speaking? And how do you guys expect the ratings of shows like Morning Express to change, especially now that that show's format is going to be tweaked to include social stuff.

Morning Express is pretty much  the only show  I watch on the channel  (It's also their only news show)  so I hope they don't tweak that too much  ;  Otherwise I really don't think that anything else about being a social media game show whatever network is going to work. 

#37 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 04:37 PM

Morning Express will have a correspondent just for social stuff from tomorrow so the changes definitely won't be subtle.

#38 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 08:47 PM

img_0511.png

Here is the updated Studio 7 that will debut tomorrow.

#39 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:10 PM

Really interested in what they did with that studio. Hope there are some good videos.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#40 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 12 January 2015 - 10:11 PM

CNN Commentary has the new HLN show logos   

And the Daily Share  starts tomorrow  replacing HLN Now from 12-5PMET;   not sure how that fits in having a young target audience  that likes social media. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users