82 replies to this topic

#61 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 03:53 AM

Why are Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew using blurred images of studio 7 as they're background? What happened to Dr. Drew's studio? Even some guests for the other shows has similar backgrounds. This is getting obsessive.

Both of those shows have a studio but never really show it. I guess it's a cohesive image all around.

#62 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 06:31 PM

Coming to HLN  : Movies    http://tvbythenumber...h-glory/360402/

#63 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 February 2015 - 07:33 PM

Interestingly, it is not a regular series but just once every now and then.

#64 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 05:24 AM

I guess HLN didn't read that study about millenials wanting hard news...

http://www.adweek.co...ame-show/259356

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#65 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,447 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 02:32 PM

Hln managed to make impressive changes to everything but content. With some of the nicest sets and cleanest graphics, they sure are hard to want to watch.

CNN also doesn't understand hard news for millenials. The only reason someone would tune in is if they can make connection with the on-air talent, why don lemon is popular.

Oh dear, I'm afraid I've strayed off the path a little

#66 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 30 March 2015 - 11:58 PM

Hln managed to make impressive changes to everything but content. With some of the nicest sets and cleanest graphics, they sure are hard to want to watch.

CNN also doesn't understand hard news for millenials. The only reason someone would tune in is if they can make connection with the on-air talent, why don lemon is popular.

Oh dear, I'm afraid I've strayed off the path a little

Agreed!

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?

#67 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 05:43 PM

Well this is a shocker: HLN head, Albie Hecht is leaving the channel. He is the guy behind this whole new HLN thing. Below is Zucker's memo to staff:

November 24, 2015

I want to share some news about HLN.

We continue to see great progress – and many of you have heard me talk about it recently. HLN is the second-fastest growing network in all of cable, and this year had its highest share of the cable news market in its history. Morning Express has surged to the number two spot in cable morning news. The Daily Share, the social lifestyle video network that launched less than a year ago, is number one in engagement among cable news and its competitive set. And the prime time lineup features some of the biggest personalities in cable, and they are integral to HLN’s success story.

As we look towards 2016, I now believe that by driving HLN’s programming during the daytime and overnight hours closer to CNN’s, and by utilizing a much stronger library of content that has been built in the last three years, we can take that success to even greater heights.

In light of that, Albie Hecht has decided it makes sense for him to move on. With the support of an incredible team at the network, he has done a terrific job running HLN. And it hasn’t been easy. His vision, creativity, persistence and commitment have been unwavering and he has been instrumental to HLN’s progress.

HLN is in good hands. Ken Jautz, who knows HLN as well as almost anyone at CNN, will step in on an interim basis to make sure we don’t miss a beat. And there is an exceptionally talented group of people who remain at the helm and throughout the organization that I know will continue to keep HLN strong.

I want to thank Albie for being a terrific partner to me, and the team at HLN. What we have accomplished would not have been possible without him and he will be missed.

Jeff

Most exciting thing in the memo? Zucker saying HLN will be better aligned with CNN from next year

#68 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 06:23 PM

I can't say I didn't see this coming. All the pilots that Hecht tried failed. However, he did a great job with HLN's graphics and sets.

Edited by AJJ, 24 November 2015 - 06:23 PM.

#69 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 November 2015 - 08:36 PM

I can't say I didn't see this coming. All the pilots that Hecht tried failed. However, he did a great job with HLN's graphics and sets.

LOL that success doesn't translate to money on the bottom line. I think Zucker is going to have HLN do a format that it is good at: Morning Express 24x7. They have the talent and it wont cost much more in news gathering. 

#70 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 12:12 AM

LOL that success doesn't translate to money on the bottom line. I think Zucker is going to have HLN do a format that it is good at: Morning Express 24x7. They have the talent and it wont cost much more in news gathering. 

And it would probably work and not cost much more - Morning Express 6-12. Daytime Express 12-6. Evening Express 6-12. Re-air overnight. Three presenters needed and the odd other for weather etc. And it would be far less of a joke than their current programming.

Of course they won't lose Nancy Grace or Dr. Drew, but something like this should work.

#71 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,927 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 02:21 AM

And it would probably work and not cost much more - Morning Express 6-12. Daytime Express 12-6. Evening Express 6-12. Re-air overnight. Three presenters needed and the odd other for weather etc. And it would be far less of a joke than their current programming.

Of course they won't lose Nancy Grace or Dr. Drew, but something like this should work.

Anything CNN decides to do with HLN at this point will only be an improvement. The lineup is just so awkward! But something that I noticed in that press release regarding Hecht leaving is that Zucker said he would bring it in line with CNN

by utilizing a much stronger library of content that has been built in the last three years

I feel like that means they're just gonna replay CNN Films and documentaries because in my mind, "library of content" means canned series. Hopefully they do expand the Express brand to the entire network. That would make the network more in line with its namesake.

#72 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 25 November 2015 - 04:34 PM

I am cautious with this ... because HLN seemed way down before there seemed to be a glimmer of hope but then more disappointment.  Hope it's good but not sure until  I see something good happening. 

#73 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 06:25 PM

The face of the new HLN, Ali Nejad, has been kicked to the curb today. I think it is now finally over.

#74 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 09:13 PM

This is interesting about HLN ... there might not be more news coming to the channel but more CNN Originals repeats   https://www.thewrap....k-resources/?dg

#75 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:14 PM

This is interesting about HLN ... there might not be more news coming to the channel but more CNN Originals repeats   https://www.thewrap....k-resources/?dg

Noticed that but I just kept my head down and hoped it wasn't true. How do you cut their shoe string budget even further?

#76 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 06:00 AM

Noticed that but I just kept my head down and hoped it wasn't true. How do you cut their shoe string budget even further?

I wish they go to a more news direction a great alternative/compliment to CNN .  Kind of sad state of affairs at HLN.

#77 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 06:54 PM

With HLN very likely cancelling "The Daily Share" and returning to a newsier format, mainly consisting of CNN Documentaries and Special Reports, I presume the only live productions will be Morning/Weekend Express, Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew. Maybe this will finally mean CNN International will get Studio 7! Albeit with some changes (removal of wood, etc.) Thoughts?

#78 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 December 2015 - 09:42 PM

With HLN very likely cancelling "The Daily Share" and returning to a newsier format, mainly consisting of CNN Documentaries and Special Reports, I presume the only live productions will be Morning/Weekend Express, Nancy Grace and Dr. Drew. Maybe this will finally mean CNN International will get Studio 7! Albeit with some changes (removal of wood, etc.) Thoughts?

Morning Express is too much of a success and shows too much promise for it to lose that studio right now.

#79 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 08 December 2015 - 03:52 PM

I kind of think  HLN and  CNN I should share the studio since HLN doesn't use it after 2pmet and weekends whenever they are done taping Weekend Express  anyway 

Edited by sky303, 08 December 2015 - 03:53 PM.

#80 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 02 March 2016 - 10:25 PM

HLN  has  a new VP of programming  http://www.adweek.com/tvnewser/stephanie-todd-upped-to-vp-programming-at-hln/286156

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users