Maybe as a domestic anchor.....

#42 diddy5

diddy5

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 07:09 PM

Maybe as a domestic anchor too, but I love her where she is now...

#43 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 09:24 PM

Just curious --  why?  I don't mind her presentation, but it's clear that she has little knowledge about the world. 

#44 diddy5

diddy5

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:03 PM

I didn't get that impression. She is well spoken, articulate, capable anchor, not self centered, in your face type CNN goes for lately. And she didn't annoy me the way some other CNNers do. I do like her more than Monita or Zain for example, Zain was too vanilla for me, and Monita had same half gloomy face all the time.

#45 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 28 July 2014 - 11:27 PM

I've complained about her lack of knowledge before under this thread.  don't want to do it again. As I said, Domestic is a better fit for now.  

#46 diddy5

diddy5

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 61 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 09:51 AM

Maybe she is better fit for domestic, but for me she is great at international. To each his own.

#47 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 11:40 AM

As I said before Amara is a pleasant surprise. Of course she still has a lot to learn and improve, I don't expect someone new to be at the level of old timers immediately. But compared to Brooke Baldwin, when she started on CNNI several years ago, Amara is light years ahead.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#48 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:31 PM

grimble grumble grumble

#49 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:25 PM

As I said before Amara is a pleasant surprise. Of course she still has a lot to learn and improve, I don't expect someone new to be at the level of old timers immediately. But compared to Brooke Baldwin, when she started on CNNI several years ago, Amara is light years ahead.

Compared to Brooke Baldwin now, she's light years ahead.

#50 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:01 PM

I like her. She's not bad. 

Compared to Brooke Baldwin now, she's light years ahead.

Loved it. Remember Kaushal Pattel? OMG!

#51 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Oh God, I totally forgot about Kaushal. That was a trainwreck.

So clearly some hirings from local tv work while others don't. Brooke made her way to domestic quickly, I'm still surprised by her rise....

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#52 HaBa

HaBa

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 560 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

I'm surprised by her rise. Quick or not.

Edit: I mean Brooke, not Amara.

Edited by HaBa, 29 July 2014 - 10:31 PM.

#53 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 06:22 PM

LOL you guys are brutal :rofl:
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#54 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:13 PM

If you haven't noticed, this is how everyone is in terms of a younger anchor. Go and read the Errol Barnett forum. 2011, everyone didn't want to watch him anchor prism. 2014, Everybody loves him. 

What happened in the meantime, Errol went out to South Africa to do some corresponding, which allowed him to prove his worth. 

Amara should get put on assignments or posted somewhere to gain to some real world understanding. It's very important. 

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#55 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:45 PM

I don't have a problem with her doing that, a la EB.  In fact, that's my point.  

#56 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 10:56 PM

If you haven't noticed, this is how everyone is in terms of a younger anchor. Go and read the Errol Barnett forum. 2011, everyone didn't want to watch him anchor prism. 2014, Everybody loves him. 

What happened in the meantime, Errol went out to South Africa to do some corresponding, which allowed him to prove his worth. 

Amara should get put on assignments or posted somewhere to gain to some real world understanding. It's very important.
Veering off topic a bit, but I have to say Errol IMO still looks like an inexperienced kid with a lot of enthusiasm, but very little authority. That's the impression I still get. He was great on Inside Africa, but that was a travel show and he didn't do much journalism in between (understandably so, cause it's a weekly format, I would imagine he was on the road most of the time, not much time to do anything else).

Getting back on topic sort of, someone complained Amara mispronounced a famous person's name. I missed that, but I noticed Errol mispronouncing a few names a couple of times. Given my previous opinion about him, it only made me think he didn't improve much. If I saw Amara's mistake, maybe my opinion about her would have shifted a bit, but since she's still new, I'm ready to cut her some slack. And she gets a big plus for not acting like know-it-all diva.

#57 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 30 July 2014 - 10:41 AM

3ikhEsZ.png

KfsoI1B.png

#58 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 11:08 AM

FcqLg4S.png

#59 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

Veering off topic a bit, but I have to say Errol IMO still looks like an inexperienced kid with a lot of enthusiasm, but very little authority. That's the impression I still get. He was great on Inside Africa, but that was a travel show and he didn't do much journalism in between (understandably so, cause it's a weekly format, I would imagine he was on the road most of the time, not much time to do anything else).
Getting back on topic sort of, someone complained Amara mispronounced a famous person's name. I missed that, but I noticed Errol mispronouncing a few names a couple of times. Given my previous opinion about him, it only made me think he didn't improve much. If I saw Amara's mistake, maybe my opinion about her would have shifted a bit, but since she's still new, I'm ready to cut her some slack. And she gets a big plus for not acting like know-it-all diva.
I would think though that Amara Walker is more like the new Kaushal Patel. As in, very few here have warmed up to her. (I think Patel was criticised on this forum from when she started at CNNI till when she left?)
previosuly kev

#60 nice

nice

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 09 August 2014 - 04:33 PM

Well, she moved to Atlanta couple of years ago as her husband began working in Atlanta. That's the main reason she landed on CNNi. By the time she gets some international knowledge, she will probably move to other news channels.

Edited by nice, 09 August 2014 - 04:34 PM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users