22 replies to this topic

#1 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:37 PM

This is gonna be big. Access to live rundowns, on-demand (any show over the past 24 hours), etc.

http://cnnpressroom....ils-watch-cnnx/

#2 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 09:41 PM

That's exciting! Too bad I don't have an iPad. I'll just have to wait till the end of the year.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#3 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Not for Android? Shame!

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#4 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:36 AM

Not for Android? Shame!

#5 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 April 2014 - 12:48 AM

Not for Android? Shame!

I don't understand it. I have an iPad, I've tried updating the app in the App Store but it's not available yet despite them saying it's available today. I'm assuming Android is next, the cable set boxes.

#6 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:35 AM

I've just logged onto WatchCNN online and it is now the CNNx experience. This is recent, for me at least.

#7 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 07:19 PM

Comcast Xfinity users have access to Watch CNNx as of today. This is an incredible program and is revolutionary in the way we recieve our news. I'll be even more satisfied when it's available on televisions. I am amazed that I can view not only all newscasts from the past forty eight hours but I can also see the rundowns for shows that are coming up later. I like the tweets, video, pictures and articles in the bottom of the screen that changes depending on the story on air at the time.

This program is so amazing but the content airing isn't all that great. it's still the same CNN that I have so many problems with. The repetitive content, the drama, the cheap sets and graphics and the lack of news coverage. I would really enjoy CNN USA being replaced with CNN International but keep CNNx available so I can view all of the good shows on CNNI on this app!

#8 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:11 PM

If you add an I after the last CNN in your URL, your hear CNNI audio, but don't get video. I think cnnx for CNNI is coming

#9 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 08:53 PM

I would assume only for international viewers. It's been a long time since CNNI was available online to US viewers. We don't even get their YouTube channel

#10 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 10:36 PM

It's nonsense. I'd be willing to pay a subscription fee to watch CNNIx, but I'm in a market where noone offers CNNI

#11 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 July 2014 - 11:18 PM

It's nonsense. I'd be willing to pay a subscription fee to watch CNNIx, but I'm in a market where noone offers CNNI

I don't really care about CNNIx since there are several online streams of CNN International currently available. I've requested my current cable provider to carry CNN International but they sort of brushed it off and said 'we've put in the request' and I've never heard back. They just wanted to make it seem like they were on top of things when in reality they couldn't care less about whether I have CNNI or not

#12 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:04 AM

Having CNNIx is something I'd invest in due having a higher definition reliable stream. Currently streams are either SD or aren't reliable. I'd even like a good cnn español stream

#13 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:23 AM

Having CNNIx is something I'd invest in due having a higher definition reliable stream. Currently streams are either SD or aren't reliable. I'd even like a good cnn español stream

I'd be interested in a CNNIx for a reliable stream as well. I doubt that it would be like the CNNx stream since the HLN stream on CNNx is simply a stream and doesn't offer the rundowns, related stories, etc. Almost veering off topic here but are you fluent in Spanish?

Edited by CNN_Maryland, 11 July 2014 - 01:24 AM.

#14 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 01:41 AM

More of a I can listen to Spanish and understand what I need to, but far, far off from fluent. I just want to watch it to see how it is produced

#15 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 02:01 AM

I spoke too soon. This application is error ridden. It will randomly take me to live television while I'm watching something recorded, some segments are deleted for no apparent reason, the screen will sometimes freeze, on some instances the entire screen is not functional, there are mandatory advertisements that I refuse to watch. Segments aren't cut properly so when I click on something it plays from the middle or before it starts

Edited by CNN_Maryland, 12 July 2014 - 02:01 AM.

#16 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 04:05 AM

Welcome to the world of CNN!

#17 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 12 July 2014 - 11:25 AM

Screenshot the thingies you are watching, please.

#18 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 13 July 2014 - 03:56 AM

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

image.jpg

#19 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Looks fine, but why is it necessary with username and password from a TV provider? Because of that, I am not able to watch. Here in Norway we are used to watch TV channels live (also recorded content) without any restrictions. NRK http://tv.nrk.no/direkte/nrk1 (free) TV2: https://sumo.tv2.no/ (low cost). 

#20 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 27 July 2014 - 04:21 PM

It has to do with the way US TV works. Because the cable and satellites companies pay CNN to carry their service, if CNN offered it for free, the companies would probably drop them from the lineup. It's also probably in their contract that they can't provide the service for free. It's the way most legal live streaming in the US works.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users