20 replies to this topic

#1 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 April 2014 - 08:50 PM

A new hour long evening show on HLN (likely from 5-6, 6-7 or 10-11pm) considering HLN said they won't axe anymore shows.

http://tvbythenumber...y-share/252947/

#2 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 04:18 PM

The show is coming soon and MAY be hosted by sports anchor Brian McFayden.

#3 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 September 2014 - 09:20 PM

Let's wait to see what comes from this. Don't want to get my hopes up too soon

#4 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 01:17 PM

And what's the verdict after day 1?
I just caught a few minutes and it seems to be exactly what it said it would be.
Apparently it was just one hour that was repeated three times. Anyone actually watch for that long to confirm? When they say it was repeated do they mean the actual video was repeated or the presenters (they not anchors) just repeated the same story over and over again?

#5 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 02:59 PM

its actually aired for 5 hours.

I don't like it. It's weird, its stupid, and it makes me feel dumb watching it. 

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#6 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 January 2015 - 03:45 PM

It's pretty much what HLN Now was in it's last few months ; and pretty much what the Daily  Share clips they were doing HLN before the launch was like.  Viral videos ; social media ;  I don't think it's even live after the first hour 

#7 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 January 2015 - 11:25 AM

Is it still only live for one hour or has the broadcast been extended yet?

#8 cnnatlproducer

cnnatlproducer

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 08 April 2015 - 02:16 AM

Is it still only live for one hour or has the broadcast been extended yet?

The 1st hour is the only live hour, it just replays after that. I wish they would do possibly two live hours, because I've grown to love it recently but only watch it for an hour because it repeats. They need to change the HLN schedule. If they want this to be the rolling show all day thats fine, but mix it up. Have it from 12-2 with Ali and Yassmin, do two half hour shows till 3, Daily Share Live from LA at 3, then back in the ATL with Melissa and a rotating host from 4-6. You could then have a revamped Evening Express at 6. Then at 7 you could do a pre-taped recap/preview show. You could have all the anchors from the whole day together in a roundtable format using clips from that day and inserting a few new ones. 8 o'clock could be Nancy Grace, 9 is Dr. Drew, 10 is specials, game shows, Jake Vale etc with the replay of the 7pm hour at 11.

I'm gonna do a mock schedule with all this...go check it out!

#9 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 05:46 AM

I was watching the Daily Share earlier today and I was surprised to see an extended investigative report on a backlog of rape cases in Atlanta. It would be great if that is an indication of what HLN is going to become in the future. I really enjoyed it and would have kept watching if I wasn't already late for school. It was hard news delivered in a young fashion. Kudos to the Daily Share producers for running it.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#10 hlnfan1234

hlnfan1234

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 28 April 2015 - 09:51 PM

I was watching the Daily Share earlier today and I was surprised to see an extended investigative report on a backlog of rape cases in Atlanta. It would be great if that is an indication of what HLN is going to become in the future. I really enjoyed it and would have kept watching if I wasn't already late for school. It was hard news delivered in a young fashion. Kudos to the Daily Share producers for running it.

That sounds great! Though I hope they don't go the same route as in the late 2000s/early 2010s, where they made several cancelled shows to cover THE SAME THING!

Edited by hlnfan1234, 29 April 2015 - 01:09 AM.

#11 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:29 PM

Looks like the Daily Share is being cut   http://cnncommentary...o-2-live-hours/

#12 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 26 May 2015 - 09:32 PM

This is actually an increase in production for the show.

Before, The Daily Share did a live hour at Noon ET with replays of that hour at 1, 2 & 3pm. Now, it will be two live hours: One at Noon and one at 3pm. Instead. they just won't replay anything. A good move IMO

#13 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 06:13 PM

I dont know if its just not for me but the Daily Share is covering the Paris attack from a very... different angle. Instead of focusing on the actual tragedy, they focusing on what celebrities said about the event, which tv shows are affected, which social events are cancelled, and the closest they get to the actual tragedy is checking on the band that played that night.

And who are they having on to talk about the tragedy? Entertainment reports, actresses, 'pop culture experts.'

I fall into the age group they targeting, but this is just not for me. Sorry

#14 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 November 2015 - 11:15 PM

I dont know if its just not for me but the Daily Share is covering the Paris attack from a very... different angle. Instead of focusing on the actual tragedy, they focusing on what celebrities said about the event, which tv shows are affected, which social events are cancelled, and the closest they get to the actual tragedy is checking on the band that played that night.

And who are they having on to talk about the tragedy? Entertainment reports, actresses, 'pop culture experts.'

I fall into the age group they targeting, but this is just not for me. Sorry

I really don't consider Daily Share a news show... and  that sounds like Entertainment Tonight's coverage of Paris 

#15 FinnMertensHael

FinnMertensHael

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 28 April 2016 - 04:40 AM

Can I provide the full background music of The Daily Share?

#16 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 April 2016 - 05:10 AM

As an example from the show- yes.

#17 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 04:44 PM

Seems like the show has finally been axed. Hasn't aired and isn't scheduled to since the launch of Erica Hill's show

#18 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 October 2016 - 06:11 PM

Seems like the show has finally been axed. Hasn't aired and isn't scheduled to since the launch of Erica Hill's show

I have heard chatter that a new show will appear after the election, or in the new year that will serve as the same kind of "flagship rolling news program" and likely originate from Studio 7. In fact, it may even be called HLN News Now. We'll see...

#19 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 03:34 PM

Not surprised Daily Share is gone, they are trying to scrub away anything that had do with the "Social Media " thing. I do hope they make a new live show for after On the Story. 

#20 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 14 October 2016 - 10:07 PM

Not surprised Daily Share is gone, they are trying to scrub away anything that had do with the "Social Media " thing. I do hope they make a new live show for after On the Story.

I would prefer live later in the day rather. HLN'S day time ratings suck and it's prime time is weak content wise

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users