Photo

Gone... but not forgotten?

239 replies to this topic

#41 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 24 June 2007 - 03:18 PM

No, I meant that he was there doing some reports. But, as Houston pointed out, he is back in ATL.

#42 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 01:23 AM

I think other strong evidence that Seth Doane has left is that Arwa Damon is now in New Delhi, a place that used to be covered by Seth.

Strange move: Arwa was in Turkey, and Turkish elections are just a few days away, so CNN decided to transfer her to India, and use reports of ITN. :shock:

And the other lady that usually covers Turkey is Paula Hancocks, but she is also touring the region: Iraq and now Israel.

Now, I don't like to be repetitive, but I have to express my feelings: :lol:
I'm kind of tired of this EXCESSIVE amount of reports from ITN lately.

Veteran correspondents are going? Let new correspondents come in!!

#43 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 June 2007 - 09:40 AM

http://www.thefirstp...hp?storyID=7463
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#44 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 26 June 2007 - 08:02 PM

Other interview:

http://www.maynardij.../070625_prince/

#45 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:00 AM

.:Source: TV Newswer
.:Link: Click here for full article

TVN is reporting that CNN isn't renewing Andrea Koppel's contract...

#46 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 14 July 2007 - 08:26 AM

The news business is so ruthless first Andrea is demoted and then fired. :? I think she did a fine job when anchoring on CNN international. :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#47 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 July 2007 - 01:38 AM

Seth Doane's bio has disappeared from CNN.com (even if you type his name on the URL). Does anyone know if anything happened to him??

.:Source: TV Newser
.:Link: Click here for full article

According to TV Newser, Seth is moving to CBS.

CBS News has announced the hiring of Seth Doane, most recently a New Delhi-based correspondent for CNN International. President of CBS News & Sports, Sean McManus calls Doane "one of the most impressive young reporters working today." "Seth further strengthens what has developed into a very strong corps of 'next generation' CBS News correspondents," McManus said. Doane will be based in New York.

#48 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 August 2007 - 04:54 PM

[Back on track again, after 30 days of hard job working at the Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro. And I have to tell that it was an incredible experience. Hope to work at the Beijing Summer Games in 2008 as well].

Well, as I posted Seth Doane left CNN. That means that CNN doesn't have any reporter in India (Satinder also is gone), what is a shame, specially during this very active and, unfortunatelly, deadly monsoon season.

And not mentioning that CNN's coverage of Africa is also very poor at this point. Jeff K could have done unethical things in trying to get a story, but the fact is that with him Africa was always a highlight on CNN. (Seems that Femi is really gone from the weather, Alphonso is back in London and Robyn Curnow made South Africa her permanent home but there is no mention of her being a based CNN reporter on the bios page).

#49 Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

[Back on track again, after 30 days of hard job working at the Pan American Games in Rio de Janeiro. And I have to tell that it was an incredible experience. Hope to work at the Beijing Summer Games in 2008 as well].

Well, as I posted Seth Doane left CNN. That means that CNN doesn't have any reporter in India (Satinder also is gone), what is a shame, specially during this very active and, unfortunatelly, deadly monsoon season.

And not mentioning that CNN's coverage of Africa is also very poor at this point. Jeff K could have done unethical things in trying to get a story, but the fact is that with him Africa was always a highlight on CNN. (Seems that Femi is really gone from the weather, Alphonso is back in London and Robyn Curnow made South Africa her permanent home but there is no mention of her being a based CNN reporter on the bios page).

Not to mention the apalling coverage of South America. When the plane crash news broke in Brazil, they needed to resort to other news organizations. The closest CNN correspondent is based on Mexico City!

Femi is back at the weather, just not as proeminent as before - which is a shame. Delia Gallagher is the temp at New Delhi now? She's doing the monsoon coverage...

Why not place Dan Rivers in New Delhi? It's a better location to cover asian news than Bangcoc!

#50 Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:36 PM

Tumi Makgabo is back to SA, isn't she? I heard she's the head of the 2010 World Cup press relations. She's the one I miss the most - loved her banter with Michael Holmes. :(

Bring back Stan Grant! The thai lady in Hong Kong - can't spell her name - needs a companion!

#51 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 05 August 2007 - 10:57 PM

@ Shacklebolt: Is there any coverage of South America on CNN? They have a bureau in Argentina with two correspondents, but they only work for CNN in Spanish. So, no coverage at all of South America.
It's a shame, because BBC has a big bureau here in Sao Paulo, with a permanent correspondent, and he is Steve Kingstone.

And Delia G is Faith and Values Correspondent (one of the most ridiculous titles, in my opinion. It's like a Daily Show parody), so I think she is only there on a temporary assignment.

#52 Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:27 PM

@ Shacklebolt: Is there any coverage of South America on CNN? They have a bureau in Argentina with two correspondents, but they only work for CNN in Spanish. So, no coverage at all of South America.
It's a shame, because BBC has a big bureau here in Sao Paulo, with a permanent correspondent, and he is Steve Kingstone.

And Delia G is Faith and Values Correspondent (one of the most ridiculous titles, in my opinion. It's like a Daily Show parody), so I think she is only there on a temporary assignment.

They use the CNN en Espaņol's Argentina correspondents occasionaly. There's no coverage elsewhere in the region, I'm afraid. Harris Whitbeck (sp?) always travels from Mexico City whenever there's something big. It's quite pathetic, really.

BBC has another correspondent here, a scottish - surname Duffy.

#53 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 09 August 2007 - 07:59 PM

TV Newser reports that Jeff Koinange left CNN. His bio also was removed from CNN.com.

Aww he was great! I think Femi Oke went down to cover that area while she shot 'Inside Africa'

#54 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 09:18 AM

Who's the Thai lady in Hong Kong? Are you talking about Shakuntala Santhiran? She's not Thai, she's a Singaporean of Indian (or could be Sri Lankan) descent.

I think they sometimes use Carolina Cayazo (hope I got her name right) in Buenos Aires. Plus, don't forget, while CNN does not have many correspondents on the ground, they may have producers and editors-at-large. This has happened quite frequently.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#55 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 03:24 PM

Who's the Thai lady in Hong Kong? Are you talking about Shakuntala Santhiran? She's not Thai, she's a Singaporean of Indian (or could be Sri Lankan) descent.

I think they sometimes use Carolina Cayazo (hope I got her name right) in Buenos Aires. Plus, don't forget, while CNN does not have many correspondents on the ground, they may have producers and editors-at-large. This has happened quite frequently.

Forgive my spelling, but I believe Eunis Youne has been on CNN Today the past few day aswell, i'm not sure if she is a correspondent or a producer

#56 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 11 August 2007 - 05:36 PM

She is the Asian Business Editor for CNN. She appears frequently on CNN Today for business analysis.

#57 The Workaholic

The Workaholic

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 11:57 AM

In 2005 Eunice Yoon was anchoring CNN Today in Hong Kong.

#58 Guest_Hugo_*

Guest_Hugo_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 August 2007 - 03:53 PM

Yeah, bu that's when she came in, she used to be like a back up anchor. Now she has her own position.

#59 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 12 August 2007 - 10:54 PM

If she's not being appreciated, I'm sure CNBC will have her back in a second.

And I'm assuming you don't mean she's the Thai lady, because she's ethnic-Korean.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#60 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 14 August 2007 - 04:46 AM

I've been taping CBS to try to catch Seth Doane, but saw this guy today. Has he changed? Didn't he used to have blonde spikey hair and glasses?
Attached File  Seiberg.jpg   41.85KB   394 downloads
Attached File  Seiberg A.jpg   39.04KB   392 downloads

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users