30 replies to this topic

#21 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:32 PM

I recently found out that my current cable TV provider - Vodafone - will stop providing CNNI on my current “TV cable package”, starting 3 November.

They have 2 “TV packages”, the basic with 100 TV channels, and a “TV plus package”. On the last one by paying extra 7.5€ you acquire other 30 channels (only if you could choose the other 30 channels).

According from some comments I read online, CNNI will be replaced by CARTOON NETWORK. It seems the main reason to this change is because CNNI lost lots of viewers and Cartoon Network as win more.  And I guess with this change CNNI will lose even more viewers, because I don’t see people paying extra money because of 1 channel, especially in the recession period Portugal is facing now.

I wrote an email complaining, and even asked if CNNI TV ratings are so bad comparing to other international TV channels like France 24 (English & French), BBC News, SKY News, Aljazeera, etc., so they would sacrifice CNNI instead of any other news channel.

I’m one of those persons who can’t pay extra 7.5€ since my budget is already limited.

And even if I could pay the extra money, paying for extra channels when, probably of the 100 TV channels I have, I only watch 20 or so, it would be senseless.

So I guess no more CNNI for me starting 3 November, I will be joining those here who are only able to catch CNNI now and then on the Internet and watch some of the reports at CNN.COM.

I discovered this by chance while searching on the net, wish gives me the certainty that many clients, from my Cable TV provider, still have no clue about it.

Posted Image

#22 wilmington

wilmington

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

Too bad.  I guess CNNI is not part of basic cable.  Will they -- maybe -- add CNN US?

#23 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:09 PM

I also happenes that CNNI is getting included, for example instead of BBC World. So this varies a lot from provider to provider, I think. Surveys show that CNNI is a very popular network worldwide.

#24 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 15 October 2014 - 05:38 PM

Too bad.  I guess CNNI is not part of basic cable.  Will they -- maybe -- add CNN US?

No, they just taking CNNI from the basic cable.

I also happenes that CNNI is getting included, for example instead of BBC World. So this varies a lot from provider to provider, I think. Surveys show that CNNI is a very popular network worldwide.

It seems CNNI isn't that popular around here, cause that's the justification they are giving to replace CNNI for Cartoon Network. I still get all other news networks: BBC, Aljazeera, SKYNews, France24, Bloomberg, Euronews, TVE 24. Would love to know if any of these are more popular or have more viewers then CNNI.

Posted Image

#25 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 07:29 AM

Turner Networks Removes Channels from DISH as Contract Deadline Passes.
DISH Network (DISH) announced that Monday night Turner Networks removed Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, CNN en Español, HLN, truTV and Turner Classic Movies from the DISH programming lineup.

Oh well, CNN - they replaced you with MSNBC. Take that you ass*****.

#26 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 October 2014 - 08:33 AM

Turner Networks Removes Channels from DISH as Contract Deadline Passes.
DISH Network (DISH) announced that Monday night Turner Networks removed Boomerang, Cartoon Network, CNN, CNN en Español, HLN, truTV and Turner Classic Movies from the DISH programming lineup.

Oh well, CNN - they replaced you with MSNBC. Take that you ass*****.

This is surprising. Usually these deadlines are in the news as the deadline date gets close.

Maybe they can put pressure on HLN in the same way they did with Weather Channel (wishful thinking).

#27 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:08 AM

And now HLN is AJA.

#28 wilmington

wilmington

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:07 PM

AJA?

#29 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 03:49 PM

AJA?

Al Jazzera America

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#30 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 10 November 2014 - 08:32 PM

CNN won't be broadcast in Russia, as of December 31st.

#31 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 25 March 2015 - 12:31 AM

CNN is set to return to Russia less than three months after leaving the country

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users