158 replies to this topic

#141 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 February 2017 - 01:25 PM

Shame on CNN for getting that lady on the show last night. In a car crash interview, which had no substance. I feel sorry for the lady who lost her son. Absolutely pointless and just created more heartache for the lady.

They got absolutley nothing out of that interview and it was very poorly handled.

#142 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 19 June 2017 - 08:08 PM

Extended edition of TWRN tonight for additional coverage of the London Terror Attack.

EDIT: I got up for 10 minutes and now Lynda Kinkade is anchoring, presumably from CNN Center?

Edited by hfiles, 19 June 2017 - 08:35 PM.

#143 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 03:45 PM

Extended edition of TWRN tonight for additional coverage of the London Terror Attack.

EDIT: I got up for 10 minutes and now Lynda Kinkade is anchoring, presumably from CNN Center?

they lost the signal to Hala. That was a backup. Still makes me think whether they just always have someone in studio for things like that.

#144 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 08:01 PM

they lost the signal to Hala. That was a backup. Still makes me think whether they just always have someone in studio for things like that.

That makes sense. I wondered if that was the case, but I also thought "well, maybe it could have been an instance where they had someone in the studio to handle the day's other news."

#145 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 22 June 2017 - 09:22 PM

That makes sense. I wondered if that was the case, but I also thought "well, maybe it could have been an instance where they had someone in the studio to handle the day's other news."

Who covered it?  

#146 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 03:40 AM

Looks like TWRN might be getting a rebrand  https://cnncommentar...t-negotiations/

#147 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 24 October 2017 - 09:30 PM

Hala Gorani Tonight?

How self important !

#148 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,165 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 03:18 AM

Yeah, I'm not much for having your name in it if it's a news show - altho my definition of what's news probably isn't theirs. But on the bright side, she re-upped.

#149 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,512 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 04:54 PM

I just dislike the idea of an international news program having a time of day in the name. Nothing like watching Hala Gorani Tonight in the morning! (Piers Morgan Tonight was probably more guilty of this though.)

#150 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 05:13 PM

TWRN has become quite stale, visually, recently. It feels like a 90s show. They don't even do a proper open, Hala just appears and reads the first news.

Hope the new one has a fresh, modern look.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#151 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 06:20 PM

I just dislike the idea of an international news program having a time of day in the name. Nothing like watching Hala Gorani Tonight in the morning! (Piers Morgan Tonight was probably more guilty of this though.)

Or the simulcast of CNN Tonight airing at  morning time in Asia 

TWRN has become quite stale, visually, recently. It feels like a 90s show. They don't even do a proper open, Hala just appears and reads the first news.

Hope the new one has a fresh, modern look.

I do like the music though, I hope they use that still , but  it's look doesn't match the flatter with a little gloss designs of the other  CNN I shows now  have.  

#152 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,617 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:44 PM

No title would beat World News with Hala Gorani. Just one per day, it would pack a punch with the title and bring back something that has sadly been missing of late... News!

#153 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 25 October 2017 - 08:55 PM

No title would beat World News with Hala Gorani. Just one per day, it would pack a punch with the title and bring back something that has sadly been missing of late... News!

Agree !  It would be a good name to bring back and maybe it make CNN International remember they are supposed to world news. 

#154 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 12:47 PM

Agree !  It would be a good name to bring back and maybe it make CNN International remember they are supposed to world news. 

Yes, I mean "Hala Gorani Tonight"? Is it already evening anywhere in the world during that time? Staying with TWRN branding with less emphasis on the Trump dossier is better.

Edited by James Jayoma, 26 October 2017 - 12:47 PM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#155 Sandy

Sandy

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 26 October 2017 - 09:07 PM

Yes, I mean "Hala Gorani Tonight"? Is it already evening anywhere in the world during that time? Staying with TWRN branding with less emphasis on the Trump dossier is better.

Yes, it's evening in Europe. The show is on at 9pm German time, which is one reason why I never watch it. Better things to do.

"I don't know what the poor dinosaurs have done wrong." John Vause on a meteorite wiping out the dinosaur population being related to karma. Oct 2015

"I'm Jonathan Mann. I'm gonna rush to the next studio, change my tie and bring you a whole new edition of Political Mann." Closing remarks at the end of CNN News Now. Dec 2015

#156 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 281 posts

Posted 28 October 2017 - 10:08 AM

Yes, it's evening in Europe. The show is on at 9pm German time, which is one reason why I never watch it. Better things to do.

Yes, I know but not everywhere in the world aside from Europe would be watching that in the evening. It is anywhere between 3 and 4 in the morning in my time zone during that live broadcast so rebranding won't make sense considering it is an international news program.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#157 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 716 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 08:59 PM

Tonight was the final show, it's Hala Gorani Tonight from  Monday. she made the announcement  (didn't get to cap it) and the show ended like 8 minutes early too. 

But there's a promo on cnn's pr twitter

https://twitter.com/...446314136784896

#158 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,036 posts

Posted 03 November 2017 - 09:05 PM

Maybe, Inshallah, it will be Trump free.  (We can always dream, can't we?)

#159 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 262 posts

Posted 06 November 2017 - 09:01 PM

Hala is great as always but the problem is CNN. A one-hour world news programme featuring just 4 stories (one of which is just a 4-minute chat with Quest) plus a promo of a sponsored show (awkward) plus an instagram video? Sigh...

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users