Photo

Rafael Nadal

111 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 08:29 PM

I think I can put this topic here. I love tennis, and Rafa is my favorite. He's the best player in the world (No 2 on ATP list). I enjoy watching him play with such passion and strengh. Also called ''The King of Clay'', I think very soon he'll be ''The King of Grass'' too. Can't wait for Wimbledon. Also I love his Nike outfits.
What do you guys think about Rafa, and who are your favorites?

Attached Files

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#2 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 10:02 PM

I watched that final. As much as Federer is a nice guy, I was rooting for Nadal. I also like Mauresmo (if I spelled it right?), but she just can't seem to do well in France. Some of the "screamers" get to me tho - I can't watch Sharipova, but I would root for her if she'd cut the noise. Wouldn't mind if Blake would finally do really well at a Slam.

#3 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 14 June 2007 - 06:23 AM

I watched Rafa with Del Porto in Queens yesterday. He was just great. He plays every match like it's his last. Even when he fell down, he bounced right back and got a point.

Attached Files

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#4 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:54 AM

I was so upset when Rafa lost to that French guy. It was such a nerve wrecking match, but maybe this is good couse now he can go home for a few days and relax, but also practice for Wimbledon. I hope Andy wins today,he really needs that.
Also,Houston you said that Federer is a nice guy. Well I must say that Rafael is too. He's a bit shy, and his fame never got to his head. Spanish people in general seem really nice to me.

Attached Files

• Attached File  7pn3.jpg   84.13KB   605 downloads

#5 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 01:23 PM

Sorry guys but i just dont like him. That's me personally. I mean, he never loses to anyone exp Nadal. You gotta loose sometimes too and that's good for your health. :o lol. He has been in the top spot for years now and will for the entire year, and the next, and the next. C'mon, he doesnt even hurt his ankle or hand or anything. He is just the best. lol. See, he is the best , but i'm just fed up with his game. That's me. lol :lol: Awaiting comments from ginnyfan. :D

#6 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 17 June 2007 - 10:01 PM

Ok, everyone has their favorites. Why are you fed up with his game? I enjoy watching him play. I wish he would go into Wimbledon finals again.

#7 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 03:14 PM

Ya, i just hope Nadal kicks his butt this time in Wimbledon.

#8 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 18 June 2007 - 04:07 PM

:D

Attached Files

#9 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 04 July 2007 - 08:13 AM

those 3/4 shorts must be very uncomfy I mean I play with short loose shorts and even after an hour they are uncomfy :S. I think he's not the best of grass, but on clay yeh he's the king.

#10 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 10:09 AM

Well Rafa is in the finals again, I hope people will now realise he's a top grass player too. Hope he beats Roger to pieces. :evil: :twisted: :evil: :twisted:

#11 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 12:18 PM

those 3/4 shorts must be very uncomfy I mean I play with short loose shorts and even after an hour they are uncomfy :S. I think he's not the best of grass, but on clay yeh he's the king.

Yes, I've always thought of that, those quarter pants must be really uncomfortable while playing. And he is the only player who wears shorts that long. Rafael win this time please!!!!!!

#12 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 05:36 PM

Well, I'm disappointed. I think he certainly could have won it. And it would have shut up the blatently pro-Federer announcers here, mostly McEnroe. I guess there's always the US Open...

#13 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 09:10 PM

It was so close, they both played some great tennis, the best final in years. I'm sure he'll win it next year. VAMOS RAFA!!!!

#14 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:32 PM

Ohh, he lost. But it was a great match and i really enjoyed it. What did you all think about the womens???? Venus is always my fav. and i am really happy for her.

#15 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

I felt sorry for Justine, it would have been a better final if she was in it. I'm glad Venus is back, but I love Sharapova too. And I can't forget my compatriots Ana & Jelena. :D :D :D

#16 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 10 July 2007 - 02:19 PM

I felt sorry for Justine, it would have been a better final if she was in it. I'm glad Venus is back, but I love Sharapova too. And I can't forget my compatriots Ana & Jelena. :D :D :D

Hehe, Ginnyfan. Whoever your favorites are, i'm exactly opposite to that. I hate Sharapova, infact wherever i see her, i make moustaches. But, on the contrary, i love Henin, Jelena, and Mauresmo

#17 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 23 July 2007 - 09:13 AM

Rafa won the tournament in Stuttgart, his 6. title this year. Next stop, the US Open Series.
VAMOOOOOOOOSSSS!!!!

#18 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 September 2007 - 11:50 AM

Not a good day at the office. Well, there's always next year. Go Roddick!
Attached File  Nadal.jpg   10.54KB   379 downloads

#19 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 10 September 2007 - 06:01 PM

Federer won agan isn't it???????? Shoot, i hate him.

#20 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 17 September 2007 - 04:32 PM

Yes he did, and I rooted for him couse I can't stand Djokovic. I hope Rafa is healthy for the next tournaments.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users