Rafael Nadal

111 replies to this topic

#101 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:58 AM

And good for Petra Kvitová. I always root for the players who don't sound like a cat in heat every time they hit the ball.

#102 Bilka

Bilka

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 143 posts

Posted 13 September 2011 - 09:09 AM

Djokovic just too good for Rafa. I hope Rafa can regroup his thoughts and come out swinging in 2012.

#103 Gruffny

Gruffny

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,619 posts

Posted 03 February 2012 - 06:50 AM

Will Rafa ever be number 1 again? I was really behind him to win the Australian Open last week. :(
Let's put the NEWS back into Cable NEWS Network.
less World Sport, more World Report.

#104 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 02:10 AM

I guess I'm the only one not watching the politics, and just flipping between The Weather Channel and the US Open. I hadn't realized Rafa was injured and not playing. But still rather watch tennis than that (or any) convention. Hmm, I guess I'll root for Fed since I have little faith in Roddick...

#105 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 06:32 AM

You don't like that Serbia whose names I can' spell?

#106 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 29 August 2012 - 11:15 PM

Don't like Djokovic, but I could pull for Tipsarevic as a long shot. Cannot stand Murry either.

#107 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 08:03 PM

:shock:  :shock:

#108 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 24 June 2013 - 10:16 PM

Oh god.  Now we have to listen to those CNN sports reporters gush on and on about Murray.

The new CNNi sports reporter, Ms. MacFarlane, didn't know that Murray was a Scot and not English.  Shouldn't this be on the basic test for sports reporters?  I heard her say it on two reports.  It too that English Scot to tell her.  

And while I'm off topic & complaining.  I've heard an awful lot of mispronunciation of names that also should be on the basic test.  

#109 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,474 posts

Posted 01 July 2013 - 06:30 PM

Yep, I've noticed also that she was quite clueless abt tennis while reporting on it.

IMO, CNN still doesn't have a dedicated reporter who really knows his stuff, when it comes to this game. I would say Patrick Snell comes closest to that.

The rest of them are all focused on football.

Back on topic. Still a massive Rafa fan. A lot has happened these 2 years and after his 7 month absence I've learned to appreciate every moment, every match, victory and title more. Needless to say I'm still thrilled he won his record breaking 8. RG title, plus 6 other titles this year. This is why Wimbledon loss didn't upset me that much. These days it's hard for him to play on grass, with his knees still being shaky and it will probably stay that way....

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#110 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 02 July 2013 - 01:05 AM

Hard not to like him.  He's fabulous.  

#111 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 24 January 2015 - 06:02 AM

Off to a good start - but I can't say I'm a fan of the new neon shirts and shoes...

#112 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 27 January 2015 - 09:39 PM

Oops.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users