292 replies to this topic

#261 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 13 April 2016 - 10:24 PM

I think the show, at least editorially needs to go back to Hong Kong.

It's too Americanised in it's perspective.

#262 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 24 April 2016 - 06:32 PM

Let me guess at today's running stories on CNN Today.

North Korea - 5 minutes with US based contributor
Obama European visit - 15 minutes
Prince death - 10 minutes
US Election rest of show

#263 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:50 AM

Catched a bit of CNN Today yesterday (what's left of it). Looks like they have introduced some new bumpers, and one has a really epic version of the theme with drums. Sounds soo good.

Just makes me wonder how many parts of the fantastic theme we have not heard yet. A year ago they played a bit where it ended with a flute playing over the bumper with the lake.

I wish they would play more of the music more often.

Also, is it just Europe where CNN Today had been replaced in part with State Of The Race?

#264 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:04 PM

I am getting CNN Today still in the first block ... Europe is opting out of CNN Today? 

#265 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 09:53 PM

I am getting CNN Today still in the first block ... Europe is opting out of CNN Today?

Yes second hour is now a repeat of State Of The Race. I hate CNN for doing this.

I have an idea for CNN Today. Maybe Michael and Amara (if she remains) should take the show on the road in Asia for a few weeks. Try and restablish that link back as being Asia's Premier breakfast show. Get Asians on the show to contribute as apposed to American business men and get some new Asian stories as opposed to the US election and Obama frenzy.

#266 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:38 PM

Really liking Michael and Zain. Work well together.

#267 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 718 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 12:16 AM

Yes second hour is now a repeat of State Of The Race. I hate CNN for doing this.

I have an idea for CNN Today. Maybe Michael and Amara (if she remains) should take the show on the road in Asia for a few weeks. Try and restablish that link back as being Asia's Premier breakfast show. Get Asians on the show to contribute as apposed to American business men and get some new Asian stories as opposed to the US election and Obama frenzy.

I don't get why they would air that again ... sometimes their schedule decisions hurt my head.

On another note  I agree Zain and Michael are working well together.

Amara is doing Newsroom LA  this week and next week , back on this show first full week of July... she's been working well with John on that show. 

Edited by sky303, 23 June 2016 - 12:18 AM.

#268 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 06:46 AM

I like the fact they flew Amara in to fill in for Isha. I guess now that they have  3 hour show they will have to use fill ins all the time.

On the other side it's good to see fill ins used for CNN Today again as well. While Zain has improved she needs to tone down the constant hand movements. Clearly Michael can make anyone be good at co-anchoring.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#269 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 08:32 PM

I sense a bit of a frosty atmosphere between Mr Holmes and Kate Riley. She's not another one that will disappear soon from World Sport? Hope not.

#270 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:11 AM

Just to put this into perspective. Leading story on CNN Today was Hillary's emails. Leading story on BBC Newsday was China floods where more than 180 people have died. CNN Today did not cover this story until the back half hour, and it was only covered in a weather report.

The BBC also had a reporter live, yet CNN has a regional office in HK, and yet no one appeared.

#271 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 286 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:18 AM

CNN International aka CNN U.S. Lite. Gone were the days of TRUE CNN Worldwide extensive coverage, developing or not, except for terror attacks.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#272 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 01:48 AM

I liked the double Aussie combo.  

#273 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 12:22 PM

CNN International aka CNN U.S. Lite. Gone were the days of TRUE CNN Worldwide extensive coverage, developing or not, except for terror attacks.

Very true.

Who's this then? Lynda Kinkade?

#274 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,037 posts

Posted 07 July 2016 - 03:43 AM

Very true.

Who's this then? Lynda Kinkade?

Yep.

#275 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 12:43 PM

I know they like to show off CNN Centre and atrium, but is it really wise to show the huge American flag towering over the others on "Asia's Premier morning news show"? It's another case of not knowing your audience.

Edit: I see that the CNN Today Facebook page has now removed the words - "Asia's Premier Morning News Show".

Edited by Jordy, 08 July 2016 - 03:53 PM.

#276 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 04:00 PM

CNN Today has posted on their Twitter page a link to Tom Sater's LIVE weather forecast. It links to CNN GO. I click on it, but it says it's only available to people inside the US. So I ask the question, why are CNN TODAY 'Asia's Premier Morning News Show' posting a link to something that only Americans can watch?

Am I missing something here, or does this finally confirm that CNN Today is not for the Asian audience anymore?

Here is the link: https://twitter.com/...791581108736000

#277 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 08 July 2016 - 09:01 PM

I don't think any of the Newsroom blocks are breakfast shows anymore. 

#278 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 08:14 PM

"CNN Today is a fast - paced morning show, capturing the energy of a new day in one of the most fascinating places in the world. We put the needs of busy viewers in the Asia - Pacific region first"

- CNN Today intro

There's a lie if ever I saw one.

#279 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 05 March 2017 - 11:14 PM

"CNN Today is a fast - paced morning show, capturing the energy of a new day in one of the most fascinating places in the world. We put the needs of busy viewers in the Asia - Pacific region first"

- CNN Today intro

just for interests sake, how recently was this quote last used?

#280 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 06 March 2017 - 01:17 PM

- CNN Today intro

just for interests sake, how recently was this quote last used?

At the start of every show. It's in the titles.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users