282 replies to this topic

#41 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:22 AM

And... I messaged Michael again asking what the delay is about - if it's related on the set, graphics or schedule - he replied...

Will let you know when I can, but it's a good thing, not bad. It's set related good news that will take a couple of weeks to get in place

I can't see it any other way then. It's gotta be Studio 7 because they already had a set planned out. If they're doing modifications to the current International studio, it wouldn't be in use right now, correct? HLN is basically the Forensic Files Channel now due to the Turner 2020 Plan, so Hecht must not be getting much funding for pilots/development anymore, therefore no need for a studio. (May be a blessing in disguise. No more game shows!) Moving to Hong Kong wouldn't make sense because they would have to hire a camera crew in addition to the Atlanta production team, increasing costs.

I wish they'd just tell us. Lol
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#42 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 06:34 AM

And... I messaged Michael again asking what the delay is about - if it's related on the set, graphics or schedule - he replied...

Will let you know when I can, but it's a good thing, not bad. It's set related good news that will take a couple of weeks to get in place

Maybe they've ordered a new desk?

#43 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:00 PM

Oh, so it is set related. If it really turns out to be a new desk or something insignificant as that, it will be even more disappointing now.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#44 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 12:04 PM

I can't see it any other way then. It's gotta be Studio 7 because they already had a set planned out. If they're doing modifications to the current International studio, it wouldn't be in use right now, correct? HLN is basically the Forensic Files Channel now due to the Turner 2020 Plan, so Hecht must not be getting much funding for pilots/development anymore, therefore no need for a studio. (May be a blessing in disguise. No more game shows!) Moving to Hong Kong wouldn't make sense because they would have to hire a camera crew in addition to the Atlanta production team, increasing costs.

I wish they'd just tell us. Lol
Susan Hendricks taped a report for HLN in Studio 7 for yesterday's Weekend Express, so I wouldn't expect CNN Today to get Studio 7. It would be awesome if they did, though.

#45 German_CNN_fan

German_CNN_fan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:16 PM

I think CNNI and HLN can share the Studio7 . HLN daytime program and CNNI evening / overnight program (U.S. ET ) would be a perfect combination in my opinion.

#46 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:20 PM

I think CNNI and HLN can share the Studio7 . HLN daytime program and CNNI evening / overnight program (U.S. ET ) would be a perfect combination in my opinion.

I agree, that would be nice. However, HLN's forthcoming primetime show, The Daily Share, is coming from Studio 7. There hasn't been a time announced that it will air, but if I were to guess, I would say 6ET or 7ET... Which wouldn't allow CNN Today to use it.

#47 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:21 PM

The odd thing about having CNN Today in S7 is that 'Domestic' still airs some programmes at about or shortly after the former.  So there will be a conflict in schedule.  

CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#48 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 01:28 PM

There can't be wholesale changes to the current set, because these would have been planned along with launch of CNN Today months before. All I can say it's something that hasn't worked out in the rehearsels for the need to delay the show, set wise, i.e. The desk or something. Maybe they're not happy about the positioning of the big screen, to be honest, the current set is not really suited for dual presented programmes.

Plus, if you look at their social accounts, you can see that the desk is in various positions from the photos, so this indicated to me, that something has not worked out in rehearsels relating to the set.

The new CNN blue background made its debut during NewsCenter this week, but was quickly pulled and replaced by the old blue background, also a new screen wipe/flash has been used, so this indicated graphic changes are on the way as well. (Off topic I know, sorry.)

#49 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 02:34 PM

I think you are right. Something must have happened during the rehearsals. Something not working, a new idea, a new option. Very unusual to start rehearsals, and announce a launch date, and then have a delay related to the set.

#50 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 October 2014 - 09:24 PM

I agree, that would be nice. However, HLN's forthcoming primetime show, The Daily Share, is coming from Studio 7. There hasn't been a time announced that it will air, but if I were to guess, I would say 6ET or 7ET... Which wouldn't allow CNN Today to use it.

Flagship show to me is 8or9et. Maybe Nancy or Drew gets moved around. Millenials are up late, which means a flagship show will be late.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#51 damian

damian

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 23 October 2014 - 08:40 AM

I hope they still show those nice shots of Hong Kong... but probably not. Shame.

#52 newsjunkie1

newsjunkie1

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 03:36 PM

Must say I am looking forward to the new show - when it finally starts. :)

#53 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 04:26 PM

If it's to start on November 3, then I would expect the promo to start running next week.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#54 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:35 PM

Looks like the show is starting this Sunday/Monday.

https://twitter.com/...704472782458880

#55 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 07:55 PM

So only a weeks delay then

#56 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 24 October 2014 - 08:07 PM

Suppose Michael was mixing days a little when tweeting "Slight delay but we start Sunday 5 pm ET..." Or he said so just to confirm new airing time ET. Previously they have said 6 pm ET, but when he says 5 pm ET, it confirms that the show will start when DST has ended in the US. 5 pm will be the right time for having CNN Today on screen at 0600 HKT (fixed time). If they started this Sunday at 5 pm ET, it would happen at 0500 HKT, which is incorrect. Also - I have info from a source in Atlanta that November is the month.

Edited by Norwegian viewer, 24 October 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#57 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

Suppose Michael was mixing days a little when tweeting "Slight delay but we start Sunday 5 pm ET..." Or he said so just to confirm new airing time ET. Previously they have said 6 pm ET, but when he says 5 pm ET, it confirms that the show will start when DST has ended in the US. 5 pm will be the right time for having CNN Today on screen at 0600 HKT (fixed time). If they started this Sunday at 5 pm ET, it would happen at 0500 HKT, which is incorrect. Also - I have info from a source in Atlanta that November is the month.

I was going to say it makes sense to launch once US daylight savings finishes to stay consistent if the show is going to air at 6am HKT and air for the 2.5 hours that's if it will run the extra 30 mins similar to what NRHK did.

#58 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 05:12 AM

I was going to say it makes sense to launch once US daylight savings finishes to stay consistent if the show is going to air at 6am HKT and air for the 2.5 hours that's if it will run the extra 30 mins similar to what NRHK did.

#59 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 01:52 PM

So is it starting this week then or next?

#60 Allan

Allan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 397 posts

Posted 25 October 2014 - 02:14 PM

So is it starting this week then or next?

No, Michael said November 2nd.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users