313 replies to this topic

#301 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 05:09 AM

I've been expecting this. Did you capture it?

CNNPH is currently (1:00 PM local) simulcasting CNN International/CNN Newsroom, pre-empting Cebuano News and Kapampangan News.

I haven't, unfortunately. Do you know though if this will be a regular part of the schedule from now on?

I don't know, but many viewers have been requesting to axe off Cebuano and Kapampangan in favor of more live news hour in the afternoon.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#302 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 05 April 2017 - 05:50 AM

The problem with simulcasting CNNi on their part is that they don't know when the program being simulcasted will go back to and from the commercial break. The result is, CNNP abruptly cutting their commercial break to show an anchor already speaking for a few seconds just after their sister network's short break; the tendency is that it could make a viewer sort of misunderstood/confused on what the anchor is actually reporting. Worse, this afternoon, they wrongly cut off their commercial break to briefly show a snippet of an almost concluding CNNi sports bulletin which is then preceded by another CNNi promo, which prompts them to restore their (CNNPH) own commercial promos.

Edited by James Jayoma, 05 April 2017 - 05:50 AM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#303 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 06:31 PM

i get confused by the promos for Believer.  It seems that we're getting (via Simulcast) promos for domestic and for CNNi during the same week although CNNi lags behind Domestic by 1 week.  

#304 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 01:40 AM

There will be no CNNPH newscasts on Thursday and the whole network will be closed on Friday in observance of Holy Week. Normal operations will resume on Saturday.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#305 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 03:00 AM

No hourly Updates as well?

#306 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 11:06 AM

No hourly Updates as well?

I'm not sure if there will be any Updates tomorrow (Thu); most of the anchors say that they will be back on Monday. On Friday though, the whole channel will go off-air so there wouldn't be any programming.

#307 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 01:05 AM

^ An update on Updates: there are hourly bulletins every top of the hour today. The 9AM Updates was done by Ina Andolong.

#308 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 13 April 2017 - 02:57 AM

^ An update on Updates: there are hourly bulletins every top of the hour today. The 9AM Updates was done by Ina Andolong.

I briefly saw it. Thanks!

#309 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 14 April 2017 - 05:53 AM

CNN Philippines decided to go air subdued programming earlier late morning (I guess) this Good Friday but this time, with no hourly Updates. They have been off the air for at least 30% of the day. While they were off the air, they've ran a loop showing their programming advisory. This was contrary to their announcement that the whole network operations will be temporarily closed today.

Edited by James Jayoma, 14 April 2017 - 05:55 AM.

#310 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 15 April 2017 - 01:44 AM

This was CNNPH's schedule Thursday:

8:00 AM - The Story of the Filipino

8:30 AM - Culinary Journeys

9:00 AM - Stories: Child Genius marathon

12:00 PM - Leading Women with Angel Jacob

12:30 PM - Profiles with Mitzi Borromeo

1:00 PM - Stories: Child Genius marathon

4:00 PM - CNN Philippines Presents

4:30 PM - Profiles with Mitzi Borromeo

5:00 PM - Stories: Francis the Jesuit marathon

9:00 PM - Leading Women with Angel Jacob

9:30 PM - The Story of the Filipino

10:00 PM - Profiles with Mitzi Borromeo

10:30 PM - CNN Philippines Presents: Encounters with Mother Teresa

11:00 PM - Trippies with Pepe Diokno and Jessica Zafra 

11:30 PM - Trippies with Pepe Diokno and Jessica Zafra 

Ina Andolong did the hourly Updates from 9 AM to 1 PM. Mai Rodriguez did the 2-6 PM hours.

Their schedule on Friday, when they decided to not go off-air, was the same as the Thursday schedule, except they started later, and there wasn't any live updates.

#311 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 16 April 2017 - 08:23 AM

To be clear: they were only on the air on cable

#312 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 10:52 PM

Amelyn Veloso was back on air yesterday (Monday) anchoring Newsroom Ngayon (her old timeslot).

#313 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,529 posts

Posted 24 May 2017 - 08:13 AM

With the news that emerged yesterday from Marawi City, Pia Hontiveros anchored a 2-hour special coverage from 8 to 10 PM last night (May 23, Tue). Following Sports Desk, Mitzi Borromeo picked up the coverage at 10:30 PM, and ended 30 minutes later when normal programming resumed throughout the following hours.

Pinky Webb anchored an extended edition of Balitaan at 12 PM, then they tossed it to CNN International, then Webb anchored a special coverage at 2 PM, in Tagalog. Global Newsroom with Hontiveros went on the air at 3, then a taped show at 3:30. At 4, Webb is back on the air mainly using Tagalog.

CNN Philippines is broadcasting these live on their Facebook, and could be watched on-demand. 

Edited by MVJR4, 24 May 2017 - 08:20 AM.

#314 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 269 posts

Posted 25 May 2017 - 03:28 PM

With the news that emerged yesterday from Marawi City, Pia Hontiveros anchored a 2-hour special coverage from 8 to 10 PM last night (May 23, Tue). Following Sports Desk, Mitzi Borromeo picked up the coverage at 10:30 PM, and ended 30 minutes later when normal programming resumed throughout the following hours.

Pinky Webb anchored an extended edition of Balitaan at 12 PM, then they tossed it to CNN International, then Webb anchored a special coverage at 2 PM, in Tagalog. Global Newsroom with Hontiveros went on the air at 3, then a taped show at 3:30. At 4, Webb is back on the air mainly using Tagalog.

CNN Philippines is broadcasting these live on their Facebook, and could be watched on-demand. 

Good for them. But, when will they begin providing evening and overnight bulletins?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users