Tahar

#2 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 04 January 2015 - 06:54 PM

I think I like it .... it's much cleaner than the last one  and they've toned down the red   . The News ticker is an interesting addition  but not bad. 

#3 djthproductions

djthproductions

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 619 posts

Posted 05 January 2015 - 09:41 PM

I think I like it .... it's much cleaner than the last one  and they've toned down the red   . The News ticker is an interesting addition  but not bad. 

In website terms it is a carousel.

They did alter it lightly today, the carousel was not inline with the rest of the site, they corrected that.

Soulfull greetz,

Tahar

#4 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 09:01 PM

Schedule is worst ever I have seen. A long, long page listing show names, no option to see the full week at one page. And when clicking on CNN Newsroom in the CNNI schedule, I come to domestic Newsroom http://edition.cnn.com/shows/newsroom. And why use HKT only for Asia? And why ET/PT for Americas? A modern version of http://www.cnnasiapacific.com/schedules/ would be much better, where you choose a town and get the schedule.

#5 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:21 PM

Since the existence of this thread has been questioned, do you guys think this is a separate thread, or should it be merged with the
CNN.com one. Or have CNN.com 1.0 and CNN.com 2.0 threads?

#6 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 06 January 2015 - 10:37 PM

Since the existence of this thread has been questioned, do you guys think this is a separate thread, or should it be merged with the
CNN.com one. Or have CNN.com 1.0 and CNN.com 2.0 threads?

Personally, I think the original thread was good. When a show gets a revamp, we don't usually make a new thread. Same could be applied to the website. But no hard feelings to the creator of this thread! :)
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#7 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 04:11 AM

I don't know, I have some questions for this new website

1) If the CNN Profiles A-Z page is supposed to be for former CNNers, why are some of the current ones there? (and I'm not talking about the folks behind the scenes. This pertains to the on-air reporters)

2) Do you remember when a lot of CNNers were in Atlanta around July-August 2013? Are those pictures (which, by the way, looks amazing) the reason they were there (despite the fact that some of the new ones have joined since)

3) Why is the schedule page so messed up? I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with navigating it.

4) Going back to the pictures, why are some of them larger than others? Or is that my illusion?

5) It's not really a question, but I actually liked the former video page better. This one is just too large.

Edited by dezbee2008, 07 January 2015 - 04:13 AM.

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#8 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 05:29 AM

If we have two threads covering what is essentially the same subject people will post in each and it will get too confusing.  

#9 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 07:56 AM

1) If the CNN Profiles A-Z page is supposed to be for former CNNers, why are some of the current ones there? (and I'm not talking about the folks behind the scenes. This pertains to the on-air reporters)
2) Do you remember when a lot of CNNers were in Atlanta around July-August 2013? Are those pictures (which, by the way, looks amazing) the reason they were there (despite the fact that some of the new ones have joined since)
3) Why is the schedule page so messed up? I'm glad I'm not the only one having trouble with navigating it.
4) Going back to the pictures, why are some of them larger than others? Or is that my illusion?
5) It's not really a question, but I actually liked the former video page better. This one is just too large.

Addressing your 1st question, the page you are referring to is actually for current CNN employees. As to the size is the pictures, it is only the 1st and last column with larger pictures. The 2 middle columns are smaller.

BTW, I also agree that the pictures turned out fantastic. Victor Blackwell's is the only one I find odd because, going by my knowledge of photography, there should be more space in front of the area the subject is facing.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#10 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 02:11 PM

Addressing your 1st question, the page you are referring to is actually for current CNN employees. As to the size is the pictures, it is only the 1st and last column with larger pictures. The 2 middle columns are smaller.

BTW, I also agree that the pictures turned out fantastic. Victor Blackwell's is the only one I find odd because, going by my knowledge of photography, there should be more space in front of the area the subject is facing.

Oh, I see.

I mean, I know the outer columns had the larger pictures, but, really, I was referring to some of the personalities. Some, like John King, appeared larger than the rest, so to me it's kinda distracting. That's the only downside along with the video and schedule pages.

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#11 MLB1510

MLB1510

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 90 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 02:45 AM

Noticed the default weather is set for New York. Wasn't it Atlanta in the past?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users