6 replies to this topic

#1 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 15 February 2015 - 04:40 PM

Alright, time to start reviving CNN with some new, invigorating shows. 

The first one I propose would be Newsrum. It's basically Newsroom, but the anchor takes a shot of rum anytime:

-The Breaking News Banner is up

-Severe Weather update

-US-centric story (for CNNI only)

-International story (for CNNUS only)

-A strongly political but otherwise idiotic pundit is a guest

-A live shot is billed as taped

-Another anchor is on as a guest

-New simulcast viewers are added

-Don Lemon opens his mouth

-The anchor promotes a taped piece of garbage series

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#2 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 08:41 PM

You seem angry :/

#3 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:23 PM

I just don't seem to understand a lot of CNN decisions. I think the previous graphics package looked better, the previous studio usage looked better, the previous anchor choices seemed better. 

Studio 7 >> CNN Money Set

American Morning Set >> Early Start Set

Blue Straps >> White Straps

Live bug used properly >> Live all the time

Piers Morgan/Live News at 9pm >> Taped rubbish (Granted, this description can fit his show on occasion

Suzanne Malveaux >> Another hour of Wolf Blitzer

Berman and Michaela >> Any morning team 

#4 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 07:38 PM

Studio 7 went from a four hour a day set to 9 hours on HLN, which I kind of better.
Are you referring to the street side American Morning set, which would really be awesome? Does it even still exist?
When Piers was live 10pm was taped, so not a major downgrade, especially on the west coast. But I do miss Piers' earlier days. It just seemed like a very high profile chat show.

#5 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 20 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Studio 7 went from a four hour a day set to 9 hours on HLN, which I kind of better.
Are you referring to the street side American Morning set, which would really be awesome? Does it even still exist?
When Piers was live 10pm was taped, so not a major downgrade, especially on the west coast. But I do miss Piers' earlier days. It just seemed like a very high profile chat show.

For american morning, I'm referring to the Communications set, now used by Early Start. I never got to see the street side, but I imagine it would be better than what they use now.

I guess you're right about studio 7, but that was better for the studio, but awful for CNN

And at least when piers was on, taped didn't mean non-news and at least Erin had a replay.

But I appreciate your optimism!

#6 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:13 AM

I just don't seem to understand a lot of CNN decisions. I think the previous graphics package looked better, the previous studio usage looked better, the previous anchor choices seemed better. 

Piers Morgan/Live News at 9pm >> Taped rubbish (Granted, this description can fit his show on occasion

Do miss  CNN using the Atlanta Studio , and  Kyra Phillips would have been a better idea than another hour of Wolf. 

And oh yeah , that Live bug ... surprised it's been on for a year at least  , it's not fooled anyone. (i hope) 

I miss the Early Piers days  as well,  Even thought 9PM is not live news everyday , we now get 12-5am as live news along with 10PM ,so an upgrade, especially to those west coast. 

Edited by sky303, 21 February 2015 - 04:22 AM.

#7 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 21 February 2015 - 04:25 AM

Do miss CNN using the Atlanta Studio , and Kyra Phillips would have been a better idea than another hour of Wolf.
And oh yeah , that Live bug ... surprised it's been on for a year at least , it's not fooled anyone. (i hope)

I miss the Early Piers days as well, Even thought 9PM is not live news everyday , we now get 12-5am as live news along with 10PM ,so an upgrade, especially to those west coast.
I do appreciate the simulcast, and am glad that this appears to be the longest the simylcast has been a proper fixture.

Edited by jjerome95, 21 February 2015 - 04:29 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users