2 replies to this topic

#1 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 01:24 PM

Since we're getting the full-on Catastrophy News Network coverage, I thought I'd add a new topic.  

There are quite a few correspondents there, now, considering that it's truly in the middle of nowhere and the only airport that can take the big planes has only been able to use the one operating runway intermittently.  Ivan Watson arrived today, as did Arwa Damon.  and Sumnima Udas are there plus they're using Ravi (sorry I didn't catch his last name nor whether he's now moved to Kathmandu from Delhi) who works for the sister station in India. Oh yes, Sanjay Gupta is there and has already done brain surgery.  (To paraphrase Chinatown:  I'm a reporter, I'm a doctor, I'm a reporter and a doctor.)

I shudder to think of what the death toll will be once they can get into the villages out of Kathmandu and surrounding central valley.  

As to the Everest climbers, I'm somewhat jaded.  I feel that those who chose to undertake such a dangerous thing don't quite deserve the same amount of sympathy.  The sherpas are different from the climbers  b/c they do it to support their families.  

All for now.  

#2 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 April 2015 - 08:41 PM

Richard Quest has just handed over to Jake Tapper for coverage of the riots in Baltimore.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#3 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 12 May 2015 - 08:04 AM

Nepal can't seem to get a break. Terrible news  :no:

Edited by AJJ, 12 May 2015 - 08:05 AM.

NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users