21 replies to this topic

#1 NZCNNFan

NZCNNFan

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 499 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:18 AM

They have some really funny ads between breaks on CNNgo right now. One looks like Ted Turner trying to control a CNN control room and another one of a lady on a treadmill asking a control room what to watch.

This looks like a good service, it would be even better if they offered this for free. I doubt people are getting cable just for CNN. CNN is on most peoples cables plan anyways. I doubt they would loose money from it.

"The people who watch Fox are not going to watch CNN. You know, let's be honest" Fareed Zakaria

#2 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 04 October 2014 - 02:36 AM

They have some really funny ads between breaks on CNNgo right now. One looks like Ted Turner trying to control a CNN control room and another one of a lady on a treadmill asking a control room what to watch.

This looks like a good service, it would be even better if they offered this for free. I doubt people are getting cable just for CNN. CNN is on most peoples cables plan anyways. I doubt they would loose money from it.

If they offered it for free, cable companies would drop CNN fast

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#3 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 March 2015 - 12:32 PM

CNNgo is now available for Apple TV. You can watch CNN live on it, though you have to enter a cable authentication in order to watch it.

And now, once I can get Al Jazeera and the BBC on Apple TV without having to do AirPlay, I will drop my Comcast bill...

#4 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 March 2015 - 05:23 AM

CNNgo is now available for Apple TV. You can watch CNN live on it, though you have to enter a cable authentication in order to watch it.

And now, once I can get Al Jazeera and the BBC on Apple TV without having to do AirPlay, I will drop my Comcast bill...

Have you looked into livestation BBC World is pay to view but the rest are free to watch you will need to do airplay unfortunately

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#5 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 12:42 AM

CNN International is now included as part of CNNgo

#6 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:14 AM

When the rest of the world would get CNNgo? I think it should offered for free.

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

This is CNN - Where the news always comes first.

#7 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 02:25 PM

According to the press release  , they say it will be coming internationally in the next 12 months..

#8 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,436 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 07:59 PM

CNNgo has had a built in CNNi stream from the very beginning, its just been hidden and available by direct link, I suppose it was originally built for in house. It is, however not HD so the new feed will be much more welcome. 

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#9 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 June 2015 - 11:21 PM

So CNNI is now available to all US cable subscribers via CNNgo even if they don't actually receive CNNI on their TV box? That's excellent news. That's something I've been wanting for years. I would try it myself except that I'm currently not in the U.S., and my proxy doesn't seem to play well with CNNgo.

#10 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 02 July 2015 - 08:25 AM

According to the press release  , they say it will be coming internationally in the next 12 months..

Hurray! I hope to see the similar CNNgo style service (but with on-air graphics including the ticker) for CNBC (CNBC US, CNBC World, CNBC Europe, CNBC Asia, CNBC Australia, CNBC UK, CNBC HK, CNBC Singapore).

Edited by TheNEWS, 02 July 2015 - 08:27 AM.

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

This is CNN - Where the news always comes first.

#11 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 04 July 2015 - 04:03 PM

What exactly is CNNgo?  

#12 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 05 July 2015 - 11:16 PM

What exactly is CNNgo?  

CNN GO is CNN's  (for now only in the US ) service where you can watch CNN  US live , HLN , and now CNN I   on the website  and on apps on phones and tablets and some smart TV's  , when you sign in with your cable company , it lets you also "Rewind" CNN for the same day , there is also some CNN on demand stuff like  for their original primetime shows. 

#13 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 02:56 AM

I would love to take advantage of CNNgo's services if BRIGHTHOUSE NETWORKS IS AMONG THE LIST OF PARTICIPATING TV PROVIDERS!!! One day.

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#14 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 06 July 2015 - 07:44 AM

What exactly is CNNgo?  

CNN GO is CNN's  (for now only in the US ) service where you can watch CNN  US live , HLN , and now CNN I   on the website  and on apps on phones and tablets and some smart TV's  , when you sign in with your cable company , it lets you also "Rewind" CNN for the same day , there is also some CNN on demand stuff like  for their original primetime shows. 

Thx. Sky

#15 stuartfanning

stuartfanning

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 32 posts

Posted 07 July 2015 - 07:37 AM

This will sinificantly increase the availability of CNN International in the USA.

http://newsonnews.com/story/060715-681

#16 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 08 July 2015 - 04:25 AM

http://cnnfan.org/in...go/#entry102273

#17 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 01:16 AM

If this affects anyone besides me, Comcast/Xfinity now supports CNNgo! I can now watch CNNI through AppleTV in a clear signal at any time! The future has arrived!

#18 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 18 October 2015 - 09:33 PM

Alhamdulilah. Charles!

#19 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 24 September 2016 - 04:28 PM

For those keeping score, HLN has been added to the Apple TV app.

#20 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 08 November 2016 - 12:09 AM

I finally switched providers to Directv with an account number and now can get CNNI on the computer again - Whee!

Altho I guess for the next several days it will be election coverage...but it will be nice to catch back up when they return to normal.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users