CNN Newsroom (LA | Los Angeles)

139 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:19 PM

So this news brings out many questions.

What will happen to the current Newsroom morning blocks, will the LA edition just take place in John Vause's current slot or will there be bigger changes?

Will this show be just another Newsroom edition or will ti get a special branding? I hope they stick with the Newsroom name or maybe something like Newsroom LA to make it special.

Will Rosemary and Errol even be part of the simulcast anymore? Would be a shame if they didn't since they seem to have quite a following among the overnight US viewers, more so than John and Zain.

What will happen to Zain Asher who will clearly now be out of this slot. I guess she could replace Isha on NewsCenter, that would make sense.

Also, I wonder how this new LA set looks? Anyone have photos?

http://cnncommentary...simulcast-show/

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#2 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:47 PM

What will happen to the current Newsroom morning blocks, will the LA edition just take place in John Vause's current slot or will there be bigger changes?

Will this show be just another Newsroom edition or will ti get a special branding? I hope they stick with the Newsroom name or maybe something like Newsroom LA to make it special.

Will Rosemary and Errol even be part of the simulcast anymore? Would be a shame if they didn't since they seem to have quite a following among the overnight US viewers, more so than John and Zain.

What will happen to Zain Asher who will clearly now be out of this slot. I guess she could replace Isha on NewsCenter, that would make sense.

Well CNN just seem to promote new shows with presenters and then change the ball game with not giving any long term overall thinking.....it must cost them millions continuing rebranding and changing these shows, their formats and new presenters etc.
Don't get me wrong great they addressing that there's west coast viewers that derserve a live news show but is this going to be now more US news based and less international news???
But guess we are so use to CNN doing this, surely Rosie and Errol will be safe and it be so ridulous to have Isha co host from Atlanta in a so called LA broadcast show. But we know CNN. Anyway just my thoughts...

#3 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:53 PM

Oh this is fantastic news. Isha and John will be great. It's very exciting!

However - this is soo soon after the introduction of the new shifts and new look Newsroom.

I can see Zain being moved to weekends. (Hope this doesn't mean the final nail for Jon Mann).

I wonder if Isha will be relocating to NY instead? She seems to spend a lot of time there.

Anyway, I'm happy about this, and happy that Isha will now get a more prominent role. Just hope they remember their international viewers...

#4 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:54 PM

I expect Isha to move to LA as well. He husband is a producer I think so maybe he'll be part of this new broadcast.

IMO the best option would be for the show to continue as CNN Newsroom only from LA and with a new female co-host and set. So things will pretty much stay the same.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#5 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 12:55 PM

I've just remembered, Isha Sesay has been in LA a few times in the past six months, too.

#6 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 01:08 PM

I hope they extend the 'CNN Today' brand to John and Isha's new show.

#7 German_CNN_fan

German_CNN_fan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:05 PM

here some pictures

http://www.newscasts...tstudio/hln-la/

#8 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:09 PM

here some pictures

Doesn't CNN have its own space or is it just HLN?

#9 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 713 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

I find it strange that a Newsroom broadcast meant for US west coast viewers will be anchored by two British-accented individuals. Would have made more sense with Zain 

#10 German_CNN_fan

German_CNN_fan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 16 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 02:21 PM

here some pictures

Doesn't CNN have its own space or is it just HLN?

we will see

in these picture you see a conversation with sara sidner for CNN. I'm sure CNN domestic / CNNi would use it.

https://pbs.twimg.co...AV2WgAAxWVq.jpg

#11 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:31 PM

I guess it's easy to remove the HLN logo and with different colours and details it can be adjusted. Still the wooden parts are not very CNNI.

#12 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:48 PM

I guess it's easy to remove the HLN logo and with different colours and details it can be adjusted. Still the wooden parts are not very CNNI.

Looks quite nice though.

I wonder if they'll leave the shark in the background? :)

Even though I'm excited by this, I can't help thinking this is purely for domestic's benefit.

#13 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:53 PM

I find it strange that a Newsroom broadcast meant for US west coast viewers will be anchored by two British-accented individuals. Would have made more sense with Zain

Let's not forget that these hours of news should be flagship European breakfast hours for CNN International, so they *should* be more concerned for their International viewers.

I also think that John Vause is Australian is he not? Certainly not a British accent.

#14 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

Last I understood , it was both a CNN and HLN set  , just  CNN doesn't broadcast from LA much anymore .    Will be interesting   what they do ... I wonder if it will be  5-7am uk time  with John and Isha  then 7-9am uk time  Rosemary and Errol .  and Zain gets News Center (unless they rename it ) 

#15 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:08 PM

Last I understood , it was both a CNN and HLN set  , just  CNN doesn't broadcast from LA much anymore .    Will be interesting   what they do ... I wonder if it will be  5-7am uk time  with John and Isha  then 7-9am uk time  Rosemary and Errol .  and Zain gets News Center (unless they rename it )

With NewsCenter, I can see Linda Kinkade or Jonathan Mann getting that win Zain moving to the weekends.

I'd actually like Natalie Allen to get NewsCenter, but I doubt that will happen.

But I think it's more likely that NewsCenter will be merged into TWRN with Hala Gorani in a 'permantley specially extended edition of the world right now' :)

#16 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:11 PM

Zain has a type of a British accent as well.

Anyway, seems to me that John/Zain partnership never really clicked, for viewers or the anchors themselves (she's the only one not in that party photo). She would better suite a single headed bulletin like News Center.

For Isha this will be a boost again, after a few years of going nowhere. She gets to be on both domestic and Int again plus a cool new location.

#17 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:20 PM

Doesn't Amanpour come from LA from time to time? Her show came from there when Jon Stewart was a guest to talk about his film. Looked similar to NY.

Zain has a London accent, John V, Australian...

I'm not sure that the new show will be in place of the current Newsroom set up. I think it will be in the evening or afternoon in Europe with a completely different look. Maybe Wolf will move an hour earlier? 

#18 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 04:31 PM

Ah! I thought Amanpour came from there, that studio would be much more suited.

Back to Zain Asher, I never knew she was British, I though she was American! Lol.

I hope Zain stays though.

#19 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:22 PM

don't get what's the point of moving to LA, when CNN made a point that international news bureaus did not matter as long as the news was there, hence cut in HK hours. Waste money, but what's the point? 

#20 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 25 July 2015 - 05:30 PM

Yeah, I wonder what will happen to Zain. I'm surprised they're moving John to LA, but I suspect it would only make sense if Isha and her husband move to LA as well.

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users