#41 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:08 PM

At least a new studio is thrown in

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#42 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 08:41 PM

Also confirmed: The show will retain the 12am-2amET slot.

Poor Zain's days are numbered. 

#43 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 09:16 PM

I think she'd be a lot better doing her business thing. Marketplace Africa is quite good and I think for her she should head back to NY and do something for CNN Money there or go to Joburg and report on business news in Africa.

EDIT: Looking on Zain Asher's Twitter account there is a photo from before Max left Atlanta in which she says "@MaxFosterCNN a real pleasure to work with you these past two weeks. We had a blast. See you soon in #london "

Could she just be visiting London or doing shift or perhaps something else?

Edited by imjohndoeandthisiscnn, 27 July 2015 - 09:21 PM.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#44 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 10:06 PM

The only reason I can see for moving an international show to LA, is something personal. Perhaps John has an important personal reason for moving, and CNNI wants him to continue as an anchor. It would be more important to get more airtime out of Hong Kong than introducing LA. OK, as the programme is being simulcast on domestic, they may see something positive with having it aired from LA in the evening local time. But that argument should not be valued too much in this case, as this is a CNNI broadcast. Why not let domestic have a morning show from LA? This is a domestic matter.

I think this just goes to show there was zero truth in the reason HK was cut in the first place. After all, there's been NO cuts only extra programming in London, AD has stayed the same, CNNi broadcasts daily from New York, Atlanta, soon LA, and also takes feed from Washington DC. Like I say, it's all very US/ London centric. HK used to provide a true balance, now it's just a stand in when the bland Max Foster can't make it in.

It's true what they say isn't it, CNN International is just the CNN for Americans abroad.

Poor HK has been relegated to the likes of Abu Dhabi... only one show nightly, which sucks because they were increasing HK's output at the end of 2012 and it stayed that way until Zucker came in and fuck that up. There's no reason for HK to play second (or even third) fiddle to Atlanta and London. It's a broadcasting center, not just another bureau.

http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#45 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 27 July 2015 - 11:44 PM

The only reason I can see for moving an international show to LA, is something personal. Perhaps John has an important personal reason for moving, and CNNI wants him to continue as an anchor. It would be more important to get more airtime out of Hong Kong than introducing LA. OK, as the programme is being simulcast on domestic, they may see something positive with having it aired from LA in the evening local time. But that argument should not be valued too much in this case, as this is a CNNI broadcast. Why not let domestic have a morning show from LA? This is a domestic matter.

I think this just goes to show there was zero truth in the reason HK was cut in the first place. After all, there's been NO cuts only extra programming in London, AD has stayed the same, CNNi broadcasts daily from New York, Atlanta, soon LA, and also takes feed from Washington DC. Like I say, it's all very US/ London centric. HK used to provide a true balance, now it's just a stand in when the bland Max Foster can't make it in.

It's true what they say isn't it, CNN International is just the CNN for Americans abroad.

Hey, be nice.  I'm an American abroad.  

#46 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 12:44 AM

Is it? sorry just out of interest where is your source 

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#47 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 09:40 AM

Hopefully Zain will replace either Max or Isa on the presenting front. Or better still - both!

Dezbee2008 - Hong Kong should deffinaltey not be playing second fiddle to London, that's for sure.

#48 Norwegian viewer

Norwegian viewer

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 843 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 10:42 AM

Some years ago, ppl in Europe/Middle East Africa, who woke up and tuned in, got their CNNI news from studio in London. Great. Now, we soon will have them presented from - LA! Just to please Domestic; finally they get a live news show from LA. But Domestic should have done that long time ago, on their own network. Has nothing to do with CNNI.

#49 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 11:19 AM

Hmmm, I'm not sure I like this idea. Sounds like they'll be skewing the show to a domestic audience. I personally don't care where the news is coming from in the morning hours, it doesn't make a difference - but if they are focusing on the US west coast and not Europe and Africa, I have a problem (except if big things are happening there..)

#50 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 01:28 PM

Is it? sorry just out of interest where is your source

It's in the TvNewser article.

Perhaps the new show could had more South American stories in it? Would be good

#51 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:02 PM

I wonder how soon before this happens? It seems to be well into planning from what we've heard so far.

#52 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:13 PM

The new studio the TV Newser article talks about is the CNN Los Angeles set that was debuted earlier this year on Dr. Drew and CNN Espanol's Showbiz. Vause's wife is an actress so the move to Los Angeles is likely for her. As for Zain, I have been told she will likely continue weekday anchoring in a different slot, but that it is not set in stone.

#53 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:35 PM

As for Zain, I have been told she will likely continue weekday anchoring in a different slot, but that it is not set in stone.

I'm glad about that. Now there's not many slots up for grabs, but I really hope she will take Max Foster's slots.

I'd be really surprised if Hala Gorani's show doesn't eat up NewsCenter.

#54 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:40 PM

The new studio the TV Newser article talks about is the CNN Los Angeles set that was debuted earlier this year on Dr. Drew and CNN Espanol's Showbiz. Vause's wife is an actress so the move to Los Angeles is likely for her. As for Zain, I have been told she will likely continue weekday anchoring in a different slot, but that it is not set in stone.

I can't seem to find any pictures of this set anywhere?

#55 alexcs

alexcs

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 525 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 02:54 PM

As for Zain, I have been told she will likely continue weekday anchoring in a different slot, but that it is not set in stone.

I'm glad about that. Now there's not many slots up for grabs, but I really hope she will take Max Foster's slots.

Co-anchor for Max? Maybe they will use this as an opportunity to expand the 30-minute London Newsrooms. There is a lot of wasted space at that time of day with back-to-back taped programming and the Amanpour. replay.

#56 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:16 PM

Co-anchor for Max? Maybe they will use this as an opportunity to expand the 30-minute London Newsrooms. There is a lot of wasted space at that time of day with back-to-back taped programming and the Amanpour. replay.

Hong Kong gets shafted again then.

#57 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 03:59 PM

The HLN Los Angeles set, which CNN uses when needed
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Edited by CNN_Maryland, 28 July 2015 - 04:00 PM.

#58 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 28 July 2015 - 04:34 PM

The HLN Los Angeles set, which CNN uses when neededimage.jpgimage.jpgimage.jpg

Thanks for the images.

Should look good for CNNi's livery in red and blue, unless they change all the graphics.

Edited by Jordy, 28 July 2015 - 04:35 PM.

#59 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

Some more info from various Vausey/Rosie tweets.

- The Newsroom name stays

- John & Isha will start broadcasting from LA on September 28, in a week.

Both good news.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#60 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:18 PM

Just saw the promo starring Isha, shame about the ugly logo, still looking forward to it though

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users