139 replies to this topic

#121 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

I've been looking at it differently -- They've been bringing in the newer anchors to learn from M. Holmes.

and there is perhaps no better than Mr Holmes to learn from? He seems like he's great to work with, he knows his stuff and of course, an excellent anchor. Which is partly why I hate what CNNI are doing to CNN Today.

#122 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 10 September 2016 - 04:41 PM

EId Said everyone!  My Eid present to youhttps://www.youtube....h?v=sCzgdF_WjOg --  Why did I put it here?  It's set in LA.  

#123 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 05:03 AM

If you scroll up you'll find posts indicating that the posters fears that this show will only cover (or mostly cover)  show biz news.  I guess they were wrong.  

#124 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 23 December 2016 - 06:38 AM

Is this show being expanded to three hours? It's aired all week from 12-3am ET. John and Isha's bios all say that the show is three hours long. Wonder if it's for the holidays or not

The show isn't just showbiz but it's a very piecemeal newscast. Most of the reporters tape their segments and they air taped, meaning John doesn't get to speak with many people, expect for in-studio guests.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#125 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 08:04 AM

Is this show being expanded to three hours? It's aired all week from 12-3am ET. John and Isha's bios all say that the show is three hours long. Wonder if it's for the holidays or not

The show isn't just showbiz but it's a very piecemeal newscast. Most of the reporters tape their segments and they air taped, meaning John doesn't get to speak with many people, expect for in-studio guests.

I don't watch a lot but think now that Rosemary anchors solo she only does the one hour hence the LA edition is 3 hours.

#126 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 December 2016 - 11:31 AM

If you scroll up you'll find posts indicating that the posters fears that this show will only cover (or mostly cover) show biz news. I guess they were wrong.

Not entirely. Yes, there is international news but the long and dragged out interviews are too relaxed for me to watch as a breakfast show

#127 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,587 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:13 AM

Well this is a first. John in LA and Isa in London. Just like the old days! Dual anchoring from different countries.

Although it's a bit odd to hear Isa say "You're watching Newsroom LA" while she is sitting in London!

Edited by Gman, 01 February 2017 - 06:13 AM.

#128 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:18 AM

To be sure, CNN should consider doing Newsroom LA from London and Los Angeles permanently.

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

This is CNN - Where the news always comes first.

#129 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:31 AM

If you scroll up you'll find posts indicating that the posters fears that this show will only cover (or mostly cover) show biz news. I guess they were wrong.

Not entirely. Yes, there is international news but the long and dragged out interviews are too relaxed for me to watch as a breakfast show

Rev, Actually I said "show biz news" and not "international news."  Maybe you weren't following this site when Newsroom LA was announced.  Lots of moaning and groaning about how it would only cover show biz news here.  Mostly from non-Americans who, apparently, didn't understand that LA (and the whole West Coast) generate non-show-biz news.  Understandable mistake.  

#130 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 06:34 AM

Mr. Vause made a mistake and identified himself as being in London.  Isa piped in she'd trade places with him. Hmmm.  The weather getting you down, Isa?  

#131 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:12 PM

Isha is barely on the show last few months. Wish they would find a committed anchor who will actually appear on her show. Sara Sidner would be a great fit for it.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#132 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 08:28 PM

Correct me if I'm wrong but I thought that was because she was pregnant? I know we've seen her do bits here and there as well as different assignments but maybe she's preparing to go/on maternity leave.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#133 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,021 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 04:33 AM

Isha is barely on the show last few months. Wish they would find a committed anchor who will actually appear on her show. Sara Sidner would be a great fit for it.

I thought it might be a decision by CNN and not by her.  

#134 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 10:16 AM

Isha was always missing on NewsCenter loads too.

Agree with Sara Sidner, in fact I said she should present NRLA more before.

#135 The Dude

The Dude

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 02 February 2017 - 05:45 PM

It's been nice seeing Sara from time to time

Edited by The Dude, 02 February 2017 - 05:47 PM.

#136 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 06:24 AM

That is asking for far too much ginnyfan. CNN in a few months will reshuffle & most likely cancel LA part and go back to Atlanta, John will return to anchoring with Rosie & Isha will get a new show.... just saying lol

Edited by garh, 03 February 2017 - 06:25 AM.

#137 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 02 March 2017 - 06:04 AM

Isha is back

Today was also a very international hour of Newsroom LA compared to what's it's been. It's like I'm watching a very old episode

#138 The Dude

The Dude

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 79 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 08:21 PM

I thought it might be a decision by CNN and not by her.  

Maybe there was a personal reason as to why, don't be so quick to judge

#139 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 11 March 2017 - 05:42 PM

I think this is when NRLA was from the flash set, but the lighting is very nice. I like the warm glow lighting shining behind John, which you can see on his shoulders and hair.

IMG_3693.jpg

...and the amazing looking Newsroom LA intro:

https://youtu.be/qsu0O3Cj6k4

Edited by Jordy, 11 March 2017 - 05:46 PM.

#140 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,438 posts

Posted 18 April 2017 - 04:54 AM

Some shots from the newly modified Newsroom LA set. It definetly looks better than cramming them in a corner. Downside is it almost looks like a general US local news show layout. The newscast was well executed, with many guests on both sides of the studios. The monitors only showed Newsroom graphics and they've got the same chairs as Atlanta now.

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_12.00.34_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_12.09.09_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_12.11.31_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_12.22.00_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_12.30.20_AM.pn

Screen_Shot_2017-04-18_at_12.38.19_AM.pn

Edited by jjerome95, 18 April 2017 - 04:56 AM.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users