5 replies to this topic

#1 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 10:42 PM

They happen weekly. I figured it would save space to create a dedicated topic. The latest has happened in San Bernardino, California, outside of Los Angeles. 14 people have been confirmed killed, with 14 people injured. 3 suspects are at large, and no motive is currently available. Officials would not rule out terrorism. 

This is the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting that left 25 dead, including 20 third grade students.

I'm wondering, will this stop? Will President Obama put his foot down? Will the Republicans stop being bullied by the NRA and admit there's a problem... and it's guns? 

I know news anchors aren't the same authoritative figures they once were but imagine the good a commentary from Anderson Cooper or Lester Holt may do in shedding light on mass shootings and the inaction by our elected officials. America needs to get it's act together. This is not normal. We cannot let this become normal. 

#2 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 02 December 2015 - 11:05 PM

They happen weekly. I figured it would save space to create a dedicated topic. The latest has happened in San Bernardino, California, outside of Los Angeles. 14 people have been confirmed killed, with 14 people injured. 3 suspects are at large, and no motive is currently available. Officials would not rule out terrorism. 

This is the deadliest mass shooting in the United States since the Sandy Hook Elementary School Shooting that left 25 dead, including 20 third grade students.

I'm wondering, will this stop? Will President Obama put his foot down? Will the Republicans stop being bullied by the NRA and admit there's a problem... and it's guns? 

I know news anchors aren't the same authoritative figures they once were but imagine the good a commentary from Anderson Cooper or Lester Holt may do in shedding light on mass shootings and the inaction by our elected officials. America needs to get it's act together. This is not normal. We cannot let this become normal. 

Hear, hear.

#3 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 03 December 2015 - 09:40 PM

Think the New York Daily News got it right...

#4 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 05:48 PM

I can't believe that I'm seeing this!!!!!!!!  The ***** landlord used a crowbar and opened the door of the apartment where they perps lived and let a flood of reporters inside. They're touching things and leaving fingerprints and moving things and ruining the crime scene!!!!!!!

Harry Houck is having apoplexy as am I.  

#5 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,984 posts

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:26 PM

Where's Sara Sidner?  Isn't she a reporter assigned to LA?  Or California?  

#6 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,522 posts

Posted 05 December 2015 - 10:26 PM

I can't believe that I'm seeing this!!!!!!!!  The ***** landlord used a crowbar and opened the door of the apartment where they perps lived and let a flood of reporters inside. They're touching things and leaving fingerprints and moving things and ruining the crime scene!!!!!!!

Harry Houck is having apoplexy as am I.  

I wondered about that but then there was footage of some press conference with the FBI where they said that they had finished with the scene and released it.

Doesn't that free the landlord to do exactly what he did? It's in very poor taste but he could just have easily hired a moving/cleaning firm to clear the place out, no?

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users