James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 07 January 2017 - 09:32 AM

Who is the host of Money View?

Nina Dos Santos

Indeed, if this is true, CNN Today should have CNNMoney bulletins instead of lots of World Sport every 45th minute of the hourly broadcasts.
7 p.m. HKT is now alloted to the first hour of New Day at least until next week. This is horrible.

I agree. Again, Asia Pacific viewers get the worst primetime lineup ever. Even their breakfast show has gone to the dogs (but saying that, so has EMEA breakfast too :)

Plus they also get that  weird thing where 2 hours after a program called CNN Today airs, it's CNN Tonight, but I don't think they are going to do anything to change for the better the Asia -Pac  mid-morning either. 

Yep. Terrible. 

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#22 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 04:54 PM

Hmm. According to Alan's sources on his blog CNN Commentary, the show has been cancelled.

https://cnncommentar...os-santos-show/
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#23 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 14 January 2017 - 07:36 PM

Hmm. According to Alan's sources on his blog CNN Commentary, the show has been cancelled.
https://cnncommentar...os-santos-show/

Surely they can't put New Day there permanently? It's a disgrace that they have axed another hour of live news for a US simulcast, especially when its primetime Asia-Pacific.

Only hope that they come up with a new show from Hong Kong. Please do this CNNi. New show from Hong Kong I demand!!!!

As for Nina, wouldn't she the perfect stand in for Hala Gorani? But brains don't seem to exist, at least at CNN London.

Edited by Jordy, 14 January 2017 - 07:39 PM.

#24 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 15 January 2017 - 04:49 PM

I see CNN MoneyView was cancelled just in time for Davos :) Ah, wait, theres ONLY the inauguration happening next week ;)

#25 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 02:22 PM

Nina Dos Santos is anchoring Maggie Lake's CNNMoney tonight HKT from London.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#26 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 16 January 2017 - 10:05 PM

Saw New Day on the schedule..... what the f...

#27 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 18 January 2017 - 01:10 PM

I tweeted NDS about this.  She said "Alas!" it's off the air.  Sounds like she's not happy about it.

#28 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:26 AM

While it's nice for a change to see a London show dropped instead of a HK one, I've no doubt any CNN Money content (Maggie Lake show) coming out of NY will be heavily protected, as that is where their interests lie.

And the worst thing is, is that viewers of the show got no acknowledgement that the show was ending/ about to end, not that I would have thought it had a large fan base by any means however.

Another two fingers up to the international audience.

I'm questioning the integrity of CNNI even more, especially as Zucker said he will use the channel to portray the 45th President in a negative light around the world, and people still taking these two CNN channels seriously? I mean really?

I don't know if people are brainwashed or just have acceptance of agenda pushing. I can tell when a news organisation are pushing an agenda, and CNNI is certainly doing it way more than any other network.

Then you have ignorant presenters such as Zain Asher when she says things like 'Obama gave a GREAT speech'. Maybe so Zain, but let us decide for ourselves.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users