7 replies to this topic

#1 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:33 AM

So where are the CNN reporters on this story?  Not in Japan, for sure.  Total reliance on non-CNN personnel.  Will Ripley?  No, he's in North Korea.  Ivan Watson?  He posted a picture of Hamburg, Germany but he lists himself as being in HK.  The others?  Not there.  I guess Andrew Stevens, the new CNN Money Editor, doesn't do in the field disaster stories any longer.  

#2 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,033 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 09:50 AM

Andrew Stevens is in Tokyo now.  I stand corrected.

But he hasn't left the studio so he's not really "in the studio." is he?  

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 17 April 2016 - 03:34 PM.

#3 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:36 AM

The downside to having Will Ripley in Pyongyang (which is pretty cool) is that he often is not in Tokyo to report on breaking news.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#4 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 11:57 AM

Not forgetting Paula Hancocks, who's in Seoul.

It seems that when a big story breaks, it's only Andrew Stevens that goes there in Asia-Pacific. Samina Udas does everything in West Asia.

Also that new guy, another American local news reporter, forgot his name, think he's based in China somewhere. Matt something?

Also that new meteorologist that seemingly appeared out of nowhere. He seemed to think that alot less people will have survived because of not being out on the roads, based on one video showing a collpapsed road. They need to stop letting these inexperienced people out on TV.

Edited by Jordy, 16 April 2016 - 12:00 PM.

#5 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 01:26 PM

On your last point, I'm sure he's an off-screen meteorologist  involved in producing the weather rather than presenting it.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#6 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 16 April 2016 - 03:46 PM

On your last point, I'm sure he's an off-screen meteorologist  involved in producing the weather rather than presenting it.

Karen Maginnis doing a great job though yesterday, especially considering she had to fill endless minutes of airtime per hour yesterday on little available facts.

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,162 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 12:32 AM

I saw Brandon Miller doing some segments, but he's not new or inexperienced.

Brandon Miller is a meteorologist and supervising weather producer for CNN International, responsible for managing CNN's World Weather Department. Brandon began his career at CNN in 2003 as an intern with CNN Weather, while still an undergraduate at Georgia Tech. After completing his Masters Degree in Earth and Atmospheric Science at Georgia Tech, Brandon stayed with CNN in Atlanta and joined the World Weather Department in 2008.

#8 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,467 posts

Posted 17 April 2016 - 11:22 AM

I saw Brandon Miller doing some segments, but he's not new or inexperienced.Brandon Miller is a meteorologist and supervising weather producer for CNN International, responsible for managing CNN's World Weather Department. Brandon began his career at CNN in 2003 as an intern with CNN Weather, while still an undergraduate at Georgia Tech. After completing his Masters Degree in Earth and Atmospheric Science at Georgia Tech, Brandon stayed with CNN in Atlanta and joined the World Weather Department in 2008.

Wow, that must make him a great broadcaster then. I don't know - it's not my job/ the viewers job to research his qualification's, I judge on what I see infront of me on my TV screen.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users