56 replies to this topic

#1 hfiles

hfiles

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,473 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 04:40 PM

New nightly show on CNN/I anchored by Kate Bolduan. Will debut May 16 at 2:30PM Eastern.

http://www.broadcast...use-race/156293

Edited by hfiles, 14 November 2016 - 05:01 PM.

#2 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:06 PM

The Newsroom in that slot is already quite political so this will just carry the theme throughout the half hour. Wonder what set she will use

#3 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 07:47 PM

I wanna guess  New Day set  like  they use during at this hour with John and Kate, yep that's my wager . 

#4 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 09 May 2016 - 08:59 PM

Yeah there's nit much ekse available in New York at that time.

Anyway, considering that we already have Wolf on the schedule, a person reconsiders the necessity of this as well

#5 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:09 AM

I like this idea and hope Kate sticks around on the CNNi lineup after the election in that time slot

#6 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 10 May 2016 - 12:56 AM

Look at it this way  -- it's substituting more US election coverage for international coverage.  Fine if they take Wolf off.  Otherwise it's just an additional show with news on the US election.  Or if they cut off all the US Election news on the other international news broadcasts.

By the way, there is a really good survey from CNNi this month--it asks many, many, many questions about the amount of US coverage in general & election coverage in specific.  

#7 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:31 PM

CNN Newsroom with Zain on air rather than the debut of State of the Race

#8 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 16 May 2016 - 06:37 PM

There's a Banner  on the bottom of the screen saying  : STATE OF THE RACE Premieres Monday   

guessing it was delayed. 

tar12.png

Edited by sky303, 16 May 2016 - 06:37 PM.

#9 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 17 May 2016 - 04:43 PM

There's a Banner  on the bottom of the screen saying  : STATE OF THE RACE Premieres Monday   
guessing it was delayed. 
tar12.png

It didn't start then... I see by the screen grab, that they continued with the US Election theme anyway.

#10 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 08:16 PM

A promo for State of the Race shows it will use New Day's Studio 71, and the current CNN election graphics and modified music. I hope this show gives international perspective and explains why it matters for people outside of the U.S. If it is undistinguishable from regular CNN U.S. election coverage I see no purpose

#11 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 05:02 AM

I hope that means that we'll have less coverage of the election on the "international news" and simu lcasts.

#12 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 06:48 AM

The titlecard was taken from the 2014 America's Choice midterm election coverage.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#13 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 07:45 AM

Some of the graphics in the ad look a lot simpler and flatter, so I hope there more like that and not too glossy and in your face.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#14 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 05:31 AM

Saw a promo on the Asia Pacific feed that says that this show will also air at 1430 HKT.

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#15 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 06:42 PM

Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_2_30_45_PM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_2_31_36_PM.jpg

Screen_Shot_2016_05_23_at_2_31_49_PM.jpg

A Block was the latest news including a discussion on the State of the Race with CNN Political Director David Chalian, and a Trump Tower live shot from Correspondent Sara Murray. The B Block was a panel of 3 Republicans & 1 Independent. The C Block was a continuation of the panel. I am disappointed they had not a single Democratic voice. And also disappointed this show didn't take a look at international election reactions or provide further perspective and explanation for international viewers not as familiar with the process. This was essentially no different than what you see on CNN U.S. and I don't know why I expected anything different.

Edited by CNN_Maryland, 23 May 2016 - 06:54 PM.

#16 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 May 2016 - 07:00 PM

It's still early days. It will be in everyday until November so I'm sure they going to pace themselves.
Interesting that the strap stays onscreen

#17 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 07:05 PM

I don't  know why CNN is showing more of the  US election crap on CNNi.  We have enough of it already and it starts only a half hour after Wolf which is another simulcast.  Pisses me off.  

Off topic:  Because I am a US citizen and live in another country, my state (Washington) emails me a ballot.  I print it, sign it, mark my vote, scan it and email it back to the US.  Isn't that cool?  

#18 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:36 PM

While I will agree a 30 minute dedicated election show doesn't belong on CNN International, it makes a bit of sense. People around the world know CNN as an American news source, and turn to CNN International when they want specific coverage of something happening in America. This U.S. election (this one in particular) is such a hot topic & viewer demand I assume is high.

Related: Did BBC World News ever simulcast the news channel's "Election Tonight" about the UK elections? 

#19 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 24 May 2016 - 09:59 PM

If it were a substitute for all the news we get about the election I wouldn't mind as much   But it isn't.  It still dominates the news shows.  

#20 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 01:20 AM

While I will agree a 30 minute dedicated election show doesn't belong on CNN International, it makes a bit of sense. People around the world know CNN as an American news source, and turn to CNN International when they want specific coverage of something happening in America. This U.S. election (this one in particular) is such a hot topic & viewer demand I assume is high.

Related: Did BBC World News ever simulcast the news channel's "Election Tonight" about the UK elections? 

Election Tonight didn't simulcast on BBC World , they kept  World News Today in that 1930 Uk time slot. I am not sure why they added this program though, CNNI just gave you US election story (I consider the whole thing one story) during the Wolf Simulcast and more.  Though I do think they  are leaning the direction with CNNI  to be the news channel for Americans abroad  more than a news channel for an international audience. 

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users