56 replies to this topic

#21 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:46 AM

While I will agree a 30 minute dedicated election show doesn't belong on CNN International, it makes a bit of sense. People around the world know CNN as an American news source, and turn to CNN International when they want specific coverage of something happening in America. This U.S. election (this one in particular) is such a hot topic & viewer demand I assume is high.

Related: Did BBC World News ever simulcast the news channel's "Election Tonight" about the UK elections? 

Election Tonight didn't simulcast on BBC World , they kept  World News Today in that 1930 Uk time slot. I am not sure why they added this program though, CNNI just gave you US election story (I consider the whole thing one story) during the Wolf Simulcast and more.  Though I do think they  are leaning the direction with CNNI  to be the news channel for Americans abroad  more than a news channel for an international audience. 

Not sure if that's the  reason since you can get all the US networks all over the place.  I think it has something to do with money.  It must be much cheaper to simulcast than to pay for a show.  

#22 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 11:49 AM

delete 

Edited by Carolina Argentina, 25 May 2016 - 11:50 AM.

#23 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 25 May 2016 - 06:03 PM

I was saying that  CNN i  does alot of US election stuff, plus the simulcast of Wolf has  alot of US election coverage, so  this program airing 30 minutes after the simulcast ended doesn't make sense to me, while  the Newsroom before it  pretty much was doing the same thing it didn't make sense then either.    I pointing out  that CNN I does alot more US stories than it used to in general.  

#24 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 30 May 2016 - 09:30 PM

Memorial Day Monday means Kate Bolduan has the day off, so Jonathan Mann anchored tonight's State of the Race from CNN Center

#25 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 03:51 PM

Memorial Day Monday means Kate Bolduan has the day off, so Jonathan Mann anchored tonight's State of the Race from CNN Center

Jonathan yet again proving the better host. Watched a bit yesterday to see how it was done. Has some nice music, but that's about it.

I presume Jonathan also did the American evening news show - CNN Today? :)

#26 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 06:52 PM

Jonathan yet again proving the better host. Watched a bit yesterday to see how it was done. Has some nice music, but that's about it.

don't you mean Asian breakfast show?

#27 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 31 May 2016 - 07:32 PM

don't you mean Asian breakfast show?

No he means the Egyptian late night show.  

#28 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 25 August 2016 - 06:54 PM

This show is so much better with Paula Newton. Kate acts like a 6 year old most of the time plus her obvious Clinton bias.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#29 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,577 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 04:17 PM

^^ Paula Newton could do the weather and make it good in my opinion. She can present pretty much anything.

Love it when she fills in. I was getting a bit fed up of the hyper happy Kate of late. I like her an' all but jeez...

All this vacation time is putting some of my favourites on air. Paula in NY and Sara in LA make me stop channel hopping.

#30 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 05:31 PM

^ Yes and that's probably why Paula is the only anchor who appears as substitute on pretty much EVERY show.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#31 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 26 August 2016 - 11:22 PM

Sky,  you may be right.  Unfortunately. 

#32 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 02 September 2016 - 10:23 PM

Paula Newton is so much better on SOTR than the normal young, blond anchor. I often think I'm watching a college TV show.  Too immature &  silly.  

#33 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:33 AM

State of the Race to move to CNN Tonight's studio next week. (@CNNJason)

fwZekTO.jpg

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#34 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,094 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 12:42 AM

State of the Race to move to CNN Tonight's studio next week. (@CNNJason)

fwZekTO.jpg

This is primarily to allow On the Story with Erica Hill to utilize Studio 71 over on HLN.

#35 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 14 September 2016 - 10:30 PM

The blond yells far too much.  I don't like people yelling, let alone yelling over one another.  

#36 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 08:54 AM

My only take to the show is: when are they going to discuss or address the 2016 race as an international importance for global viewers?

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#37 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:35 PM

My only take to the show is: when are they going to discuss or address the 2016 race as an international importance for global viewers?

Or anything substantial for that matter instead of just talking about the race to the white house as if it is a sporting event that needs to be hyped

#38 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 15 September 2016 - 05:52 PM

Or anything substantial for that matter instead of just talking about the race to the white house as if it is a sporting event that needs to be hyped

Kate is treating it as a 30-minute extension of 'AT THIS HOUR' lol

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#39 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:49 AM

SOTR's new set (Photos from @CNNJason)

fBGD9Ui.jpgxMkwmV2.jpgXVfJAuC.jpgoXurGQq.jpg

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#40 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 21 September 2016 - 06:53 PM

Very nice set and so much effort put in

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users