65 replies to this topic

#1 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:06 AM

CNN is launching its coverage of the United Kingdom's referendum on whether to stay or keave the European Union which takes place on Thursday 23rd June 2016. Live programming on The State Opening of Parliament by Her Majesty the Queen is being led by Max Foster in Westminster. CNNMoney Europe Editor Nina Dos Santos is at a Siemens factory in Chippenham, England covering the business impact of the upcoming referendum. Hala Gorani takes "The World Right Now" to the White Cliffs of Dover tonight for a EU referendum special. Although Richard Quest is currently in China covering the country's technology revolution promos show that Richard will be in the UK in the run up to the referendum when he goes on tour in a caravan seeking the views of local people in what is being called "#drivewithquest" - similar to Richard's "Big Red Bus" when he drove around London on election night last year. You can see some of the images of the caravan on the Instagram account of the creative agency which designed it: https://www.instagra...readcollective/

Edited by imjohndoeandthisiscnn, 18 May 2016 - 10:27 AM.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#2 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:17 AM

I bet Richard won't come to my town.

#3 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 10:19 AM

Where's that Jordy?

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#4 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:01 PM

Where's that Jordy?

Brierley Hill (West Midlands)

#5 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 01:14 PM

Where's that Jordy?

Oh ok, I'm near Glasgow.

#6 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 03:46 PM

Where's that Jordy?

Oh ok, I'm near Glasgow.

Nice. I think you're in for a chance in Glasgow of Questy visiting then. Will you go and meet him if possible?

#7 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 04:21 PM

Maybe, I would be surprised if he makes it out of the South-West to the North nevermind across the border.

#8 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 05:10 PM

Maybe, I would be surprised if he makes it out of the South-West to the North nevermind across the border.

I think he might, he seems to like travelling. It would be ignorant of CNN to ignore anywhere outside the south of England. I doubt anyone will know who he is though, so people will be thinking who the hell is this crazy man, lol.

#9 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:34 PM

I think he might, he seems to like travelling. It would be ignorant of CNN to ignore anywhere outside the south of England. I doubt anyone will know who he is though, so people will be thinking who the hell is this crazy man, lol.

I know he's from Liverpool so he might go there to visit, and the advert seems to say that he'll be visiting places other than cities.

#10 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 18 May 2016 - 06:56 PM

I know he's from Liverpool so he might go there to visit, and the advert seems to say that he'll be visiting places other than cities.

I will have to try and see the advert then.

Damn CNN, they make me mad by wall to wall US election coverage, but are now intrigued by this Questy tour thing.

But being British, I chose to watch CNNI's UK Election coverage last year over all home broadcasters. CNNI provided fun and straight to the point coverage. If only Becky was also back in London, she could have been on the bus with Richard. :)

#11 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 08:34 AM

Amazingly I found the US eection coverage more interesting than dBrexit coverage yesterday.  The Brexit coverage seemed to different people reiterating the same arguments.  At least the election coverage would have new news and, therefore, new discussions.  The Egyptian plane disappearance is more interesting than either for obvious reasons.  

#12 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 19 May 2016 - 04:52 PM

Amazingly I found the US eection coverage more interesting than dBrexit coverage yesterday.  The Brexit coverage seemed to different people reiterating the same arguments.  At least the election coverage would have new news and, therefore, new discussions.  The Egyptian plane disappearance is more interesting than either for obvious reasons.

That would be because British politics is so dull. They're mostly all spiteful and incapable of respecting other people's views. They never focus on their own policies, but will only ever attack the opponents. It may seem US politics is the same, but at least they're entertaining with it.

#13 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 11:20 AM

Becky Anderson is in London covering Brexit!

Great!

Even Max Foster doing a great job presenting dayside London shows from on location in London.

Just a very nice relief from the endless US coverage elsewhere in the schedule.

#14 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 01:19 PM

Becky Anderson anchoring a live CNN Newsroom from London today also, and now on with Maggie Lake. Good times.

This is the CNNI I know and love, not the trash that comes out from Atlanta these days.

#15 daryl

daryl

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 20 June 2016 - 02:47 PM

Yes...so cool watching Becky anchor... Reminds me of her days in London

#16 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 11:47 PM

What a travesty that Becky is not in the Brexit promo, considering she's part of the coverage.

I wonder if Errol would have been there if he was still with CNN, considering he was in London for the election last year.

Edited by Jordy, 21 June 2016 - 11:48 PM.

#17 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 09:10 PM

We have Hala and Richard hosting in the studio, and Christiane live in Westminster.

We even have live reports from Hong Kong coming up.

#18 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 10:31 PM

Enjoying Christiane's segments from Westminster. Shame Hala and Richard are not outside the studio.

I'm assuming Max and Becky will be hosting on Friday.

#19 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 23 June 2016 - 11:04 PM

When Richard walked to the touchscreen, the floor camera remotely just  moved into position. I have never seen it actually moving before.

Anyway, CNN's coverage seems to be more extensive than Sky's but also more relaxed. 

Sad that all the on location venues have BBC or Sky playing in the background and not CNN.

#20 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:08 AM

Wow CNN starting to seem understaffed: the anchors are scrambling around for notes and results, Amanpour has to unexpectedly throw to a result and then when she has to analyse, says she couldnt hear it at all leading to a minute of on airspeculation even though viewers knew what had happened

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users