CNN Brexit Coverage

65 replies to this topic

#21 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 12:09 AM

I couldn't hear it either.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#22 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 03:31 AM

CNN/US are now simulcasting CNNI due to the likely Brexit result

#23 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 07:53 AM

Jeez Quest and Hala have been doing this for hours: 11pm BST to 9am

Edited by Revorushin, 24 June 2016 - 07:57 AM.

#24 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:01 AM

CNNi simulcast on Domestic continues into 4am, the traditional start time of Early Start

#25 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,837 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 08:06 AM

Richard and Hala started at 10pmBST, so 11 hours in total. Richard's going on for longer as well, with Hannah Vaughan Jones

#26 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 09:52 AM

The second hour of Early Start was preempted as well, staying with International. Just the International logo was replaced with the domestic one and time zones.
The live bug stayed white, which clashed with the white of the CNN logo.

#27 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:10 AM

The Business View on International, New Day on Domestic with Chris & Alisyn talking with Christiane Amanpour & Clarissa Ward at the top of the six o'clock hour

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#28 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

The Business View on International, New Day on Domestic with Chris & Alisyn talking with Christiane Amanpour & Clarissa Ward at the top of the six o'clock hour

And being New Day, a heavy Trump spin has been put on the story

#29 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 10:24 AM

was "The World Right Now" with Zain Asher filling in for Hala Gorani, an hour before the start of Referendum coverage simulcasted to Domestic? I saw the LIVE bug at CNNI stayed even on taped reports, and CNNI flipper is in. This was when I'm watching a few minutes before Hala & Quest takes over at 5am upon waking up here in Asia.

Edited by James Jayoma, 24 June 2016 - 10:26 AM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#30 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:10 PM

Overall an enjoyable watch by CNN. They done a good job overall.

Although Hala seem to struggle a little to me. Maybe it's hard to co-anchor with Richard. There was a lot of fumbling over what to do. Maybe it would have been better to team Hala up with Max in the studio and send Richard out and about.

I though Christiane Amanpour did great, and enjoyed her segments.

Now Becky Anderson is anchoring from Westminster.

Overall, a fantastic effort from CNN London, and this is where CNNI really shines.

#31 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 01:34 PM

Overall an enjoyable watch by CNN. They done a good job overall.

Although Hala seem to struggle a little to me. Maybe it's hard to co-anchor with Richard. There was a lot of fumbling over what to do. Maybe it would have been better to team Hala up with Max in the studio and send Richard out and about.

I though Christiane Amanpour did great, and enjoyed her segments.

Now Becky Anderson is anchoring from Westminster.

Overall, a fantastic effort from CNN London, and this is where CNNI really shines.

True. It is just nice seeing a group of taalented indivduals doing what they love and enjoying it.

Amanpour taped enough interviews for two weeks worth of shows, so expect her to take a nice lengthy summer break soon.

#32 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 02:51 PM

was "The World Right Now" with Zain Asher filling in for Hala Gorani, an hour before the start of Referendum coverage simulcasted to Domestic? I saw the LIVE bug at CNNI stayed even on taped reports, and CNNI flipper is in. This was when I'm watching a few minutes before Hala & Quest takes over at 5am upon waking up here in Asia.

It wasn't simulcast CNN US stayed with Brooke Baldwin...they had the TWRN @halagorani bug for part of the show then it went to the flipper for some reason... 

#33 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:26 PM

The second hour of Early Start was preempted as well, staying with International. Just the International logo was replaced with the domestic one and time zones.
The live bug stayed white, which clashed with the white of the CNN logo.

They only done that on the very last segment of the broadcast, probably because CNN Domestic wants a smooth transition to New Day... but the DOG just ruined it.

Speaking of which, if CNN Domestic has access to CNN International's Raw Video (no DOG/Live graphic), why don't CNNI just use CNN's raw video then put their own DOG & Live graphic just to make some distinction.

#34 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 06:47 PM

Christiane hosting continued live coverage live from London right now.

#35 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 274 posts

Posted 24 June 2016 - 11:55 PM

Richard Quest anchored a special QMB for a few hours before throwing into a simulcast of Erin Burnett OutFront.

#36 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 06:12 AM

Brexit special coverage with Max Foster and Becky Anderson right now on CNN International, simulcast with CNN Domestic.

#37 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 08:42 AM

Aside from the fantastic coverage, that Brexit theme they've been playing for the last weeks/months has been stuck in my head! It's so good, and I wish I could find it somewhere.

#38 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:23 AM

Richard Quest anchored a special QMB for a few hours before throwing into a simulcast of Erin Burnett OutFront.

Yeah, before they threw it to the dogs.  Erin Burnett was just the same crap as all domestic shows with big egos around a table. Shame, because until then CNNI was doing great.

Aside from the fantastic coverage, that Brexit theme they've been playing for the last weeks/months has been stuck in my head! It's so good, and I wish I could find it somewhere.

Yes, it was quite good. Bold but doesn't sound too serious.  :thumbup:

#39 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 09:59 AM

Brexit special coverage with Max Foster and Becky Anderson right now on CNN International, simulcast with CNN Domestic.

and Natalie Allen with CNN Newsroom updates

#40 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 25 June 2016 - 11:31 AM

Love it too. Managed to record this today.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users