Here's the Promo  http://www.cnn.com/v...ative-marketing

#3 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 06 July 2016 - 07:51 PM

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/kqHKV8a1NUw" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Edited by Revorushin, 06 July 2016 - 07:51 PM.

#4 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 02:19 PM

Here's the intro of the new show 

Edit: also here are a couple shots of the studio 

tar16.pngtar15.png

tar16.png

Edited by sky303, 11 July 2016 - 02:54 PM.

#5 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 03:02 PM

The show seems pretty good. It's newsy but has the lifestyle and features coverage that could draw viewers on the West Coast away from NBC's Today and ABC's Good Morning America. The graphics are very simple which creates a nice flat look. The studio is bright and airy yet the desk looks poor and I'm not a fan of the wood effect in the Atlanta and Los Angeles - however that would be a relatively easy (and cheap) fix, I assume.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#6 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 717 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 06:46 PM

The show was quite nice: did not have as many news stories as I expected but it went in depth with the stories it did, with full interviews and discussions. A true breakfast show feeling. My only fear is that it doesn't devolve the way New Day did.

The studio looks nice but seems a bit small compared to what we used to for a breakfast show. The use of the Atlanta studio makes up for that somewhat. The LA studio also goes fro one of the least used studios a while ago with only Dr Drew, to now being used for 7 hours a day across CNNi and HLN. 

Doesn't seem like the studio audience is a permanent thing, but it gives the feel of a day time talk show, which isn't too bad if mixed properly with hard news. 

All in all, I watched quite a bit of HLN today and I like where the network is heading with the live news from 6am-3pm none stop with Erica Hill to come still. Newsy, but with youthful appeal. This is a social network. 

#7 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 07:45 PM

I enjoyed Michaela's debut, although I will say it was different than I expected. The program was not just a west-coast Morning Express as I had thought and hoped for. Instead the "news portions" of the show focused on the same few stories, and going in depth with them. She spent so much time on the Dallas shooting, with several packages, discussions, a panel discussion, etc. I hoped for quick hits on all the news with live shots. 

As for the set, it was utilized nicely, and I enjoyed the use of Studio 7 in Atlanta. Much like Morning Express, Michaela has it's own dedicated Meteorologist (Jennifer Gray), Sports Anchor (Coy Wire), Entertainment Anchor (I didn't catch her name, but she's new) and Business Anchor (Maribel Aber). However, none of them (expect for Entertainment) are based in Los Angeles, which gave for a cheap, less homey/friendly feel. 

There were several technical glitches and Michaela was nervous, but that's how all first shows go. I hope this show sticks around. HLN is on the right path. Live news is on the comeback, and HLN will soon be CNN's less pessimistic, more conversational sidekick yet again... It's about damn time!

#8 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 11 July 2016 - 08:43 PM

It was good a show , Michaela makes a great host , of course... I too was expecting it to be more like Morning Express but a west coast version , but it's good to have some differences between the shows.   Studio 7 was used nicely . HLN hopefully should stick too it  , especially when CNN and the other channels get grading to watch.  

#9 marctronixx

marctronixx

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 04:09 AM

Cool to see you cats showing some love for the show.

Keep in mind It's a new show and changes will be made as the show settles. Michaela is a TREAT to work with and super awesome on the camera and off.  She is humble, intelligent, and super super chill.

All the shootings and such are a major focus to CNN and its properties, and is a hot topic in the USA. HLN used to be Headlines News back in the day and I feel it's going back to those roots. Change is ever occurring and some will like it, some won't.

I respectfully disagree, my opinion, that she was nervous. She is super natural and comfy in front of the lens.

The show is produced with more resources than the average viewer will even notice (Bicoastal), and it is fascinating how it all comes together.

PLUS, STEADICAM! ;-)

Keep watching!  

#10 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 13 July 2016 - 08:27 AM

I haven't had a chance to see it yet (I only get CNN US and CNNI on my AppleTV) but I was always a fan of Michaela going back to KTLA, and I always felt like her talents weren't allowed to shine as well on New Day. It's amazing how natural she acts on TV. It's like she's reading the news to you as if she's your friend.

The LA Times also has a pretty cool profile of Michaela and the show:

Once known as CNN Headline News, HLN in recent years had become a hodgepodge of courtroom coverage, true crime series and talk shows. The one constant on the channel has been the popular Atlanta-based “Morning Express,” which serves up news and information in a less formal atmosphere than the New York-Washington nexus where most of CNN’s broadcasts are located.

Jautz offered Pereira the chance to do a three-hour program with the same relaxed and personal approach of Meade’s “Morning Express.” 

“People are going to be the focal point of this show,” Pereira says. “It may be a celebrity nature. It may be everyday heroes. It may be folks doing something in their community.”

Pereira’s people-focused approach is part of the reason she connects with viewers on- and off-camera, as well as co-workers. 

“She was the person who was the ringleader that brought people together,” says Scott Warren, Pereira’s executive producer at KTLA who is reuniting with her at HLN. “She was kind of the mom on set that could call somebody out.”

http://www.latimes.c...snap-story.html

Edited by Charles, 13 July 2016 - 08:33 AM.

#11 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,531 posts

Posted 24 April 2017 - 05:37 AM

Michaela moved to the refreshed LA studio last Thursday, along with refreshed graphics.

zFBW4gO.pngAEpFCL5.png7gdbdXI.pngLI2KhqJ.pngwoSEiQr.pnggi36ssN.png

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users