Photo

Quest Express

21 replies to this topic

#1 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:26 PM

A new show airing at 18.00 CET, live from NYSE. CNN Money will also move there.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#2 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 07:49 PM

Good to hear Maggie will no longer be based in front of a flash set, I wonder though if they will be based on the floor of the stock exchange (where it can be very loud) or in CNN's studio where Paul LaMonica or Alison Kosik often do live hits from. More Quest can also never be a bad thing!

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#3 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 10:19 PM

Whats this replacing ?

#4 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 25 January 2017 - 11:29 PM

Second edition of IDesk.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#5 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 12:16 AM

So another thirty minutes of live news gone. Well done to all involved.

#6 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

Second edition of IDesk.

Hope you are joking - what the f***

#7 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,355 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 06:51 AM

So another thirty minutes of live news gone. Well done to all involved.

Yes CNN again at its best.

#8 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 26 January 2017 - 11:58 AM

So barely twelve months since 'CNN Money goes Global', when they made a big deal about coverage being expanded around the world, their only other show outisde of the US (London) has been axed, and existing show along with this new one is going to the NYSE and replaces live world news, and you barely see Andrew Stevens in HK also.

Here we are again, CNN International focusing their coverage on the United States.

#9 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 678 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 12:28 AM

It's annoying they are replacing the 2nd International Desk.  Oh CNNI  

#10 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 27 January 2017 - 11:22 AM

Can't wait to see the new set though.

Also being at the NYSE, it will also feature an all-American lineup. :(

#11 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:29 PM

Good to hear Maggie will no longer be based in front of a flash set, I wonder though if they will be based on the floor of the stock exchange (where it can be very loud) or in CNN's studio where Paul LaMonica or Alison Kosik often do live hits from. More Quest can also never be a bad thing!

Because there's not enough Quest already?! They roll him out for everything! A pilot just has to sneeze and Quest appears with his analysis. Then there is Business Traveller. QMB, Election Specials, Quest with a bell, Quest in a bus, Quest flying low cost across the world... I could go on!

And how often will he be there? As it is, QMB often gets a fill in anchor because he is somewhere else.

Don't put your name on show title if you're often going to be absent for crying out loud!

Ah. I feel better now.

#12 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

Because there's not enough Quest already?! They roll him out for everything! A pilot just has to sneeze and Quest appears with his analysis. Then there is Business Traveller. QMB, Election Specials, Quest with a bell, Quest in a bus, Quest flying low cost across the world... I could go on!
And how often will he be there? As it is, QMB often gets a fill in anchor because he is somewhere else.

Don't put your name on show title if you're often going to be absent for crying out loud!

Ah. I feel better now.

Well said :) and don't forget he is the CNNMoney Editor at Large, who knows if he is ever doing that job. :)

Isn't he also fronting a new sponsored show also? I'm sure I've seen a trailer for one. Similar to business traveller.

#13 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 05:53 PM

I like it. Good to see Maggie get more hours as well.

#14 Gman

Gman

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,541 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 06:29 PM

Does Maggie co-host the same show? That was my original impression but then I switched it on today and it was just Richard.

#15 Jordy

Jordy

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,466 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:07 PM

I hope Richard stops with his 'news comes first on CNN' tagline then, because it would be somewhat a slap in the face, considering his new show has replaced live news.

#16 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:28 PM

Does Maggie co-host the same show? That was my original impression but then I switched it on today and it was just Richard.

#17 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 30 January 2017 - 07:29 PM

No but she appears as guest/analyst and will sub for him.

#18 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,008 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 05:00 AM

Saw some of the new show & some of QMB and it seemed that the new show was just a shortened version of QMB.  

#19 Sandy

Sandy

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 28 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 08:20 AM

I hope Richard stops with his 'news comes first on CNN' tagline then, because it would be somewhat a slap in the face, considering his new show has replaced live news.

Well said.

"I don't know what the poor dinosaurs have done wrong." John Vause on a meteorite wiping out the dinosaur population being related to karma. Oct 2015

"I'm Jonathan Mann. I'm gonna rush to the next studio, change my tie and bring you a whole new edition of Political Mann." Closing remarks at the end of CNN News Now. Dec 2015

#20 TheNEWS

TheNEWS

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 86 posts

Posted 03 February 2017 - 05:28 PM

Richard Quest is doing Quest Express from London today. To my knowledge this show is hour long, so it should be renamed as Quest Means Business: Early Edition

"There'll be no frolicking on QUEST MEANS BUSINESS" - Richard Quest to Paul La Monica on Tuesday August 11th.

This is CNN - Where the news always comes first.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users