7 replies to this topic

#1 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 07 March 2017 - 09:52 PM

HLN's new late-morning newscast debuting in late April. It will take Michaela's slot, pushing her into the 3-5pm ET slot after On the Story with Erica Hill.

More from TVNewser: http://www.adweek.co...h-on-hln/323117

#2 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 12:16 AM

It is nice that HLN will be expanding past 3PMET  to now 5pmet they are a nice alternative when the other news channels are on one continuous story about politics all day. 

•  

#3 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 05:52 AM

What I don't understand:

Why couldn't Carol take on 3pm? Is the 3pm slot better for Michaela or is this a demotion for her? If feels like she just keeps drawing the short stick and I really hope tacking her onto the end of the day isn't an excuse to just cancel her in a few months.

I thought that if the powers that be at CNN wanted to keep Costello they would of, but Michaela using the studio stopped CNN from just moving her show to LA. If this were the case the certainly could've given Erica the late morning show and bumped Michaela to 1. Why didn't CNN just keep Costello on the main channel?

I'm excited to see Costello on the air again soon. I hope that Michaela keeps a strong audience in all this. I also hope that Costello and Michaela get a unique look to their shows. The studio in LA was really only designed for Dr. Drew and his audience based show, so I hope that this isn't a third show crammed into a set not designed for rolling news that doesn't feel unique.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#4 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,906 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 07:10 AM

I just hope Michaela's morale isn't shot down by all of this. She had high hopes for her morning show. That being said, she's in the same time slot as Brooke Baldwin and Jake Tapper, 2 prominent talents at CNN. Maybe this isn't a demotion?
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#5 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 10:20 AM

Erica's show is practically stuck where it is due to the limited studio space available in New York.

Carol should be in the morning because a)  That's when viewers are used to seeing her and B) Michaela's current talk-show like format feels better suited for the afternoon now. 

#6 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 655 posts

Posted 08 March 2017 - 04:22 PM

I just hope Michaela's morale isn't shot down by all of this. She had high hopes for her morning show. That being said, she's in the same time slot as Brooke Baldwin and Jake Tapper, 2 prominent talents at CNN. Maybe this isn't a demotion?

I think it depends on what content you want , if you want to hear Baldwin and Tapper cover the same politics story as the rest of the channel there you go , if you want other  news of the day and different topics  Michaela is there for you , better alternative than say Forensic Files. 

What I don't understand:

Why couldn't Carol take on 3pm? Is the 3pm slot better for Michaela or is this a demotion for her? If feels like she just keeps drawing the short stick and I really hope tacking her onto the end of the day isn't an excuse to just cancel her in a few months.

I thought that if the powers that be at CNN wanted to keep Costello they would of, but Michaela using the studio stopped CNN from just moving her show to LA. If this were the case the certainly could've given Erica the late morning show and bumped Michaela to 1. Why didn't CNN just keep Costello on the main channel?

I'm excited to see Costello on the air again soon. I hope that Michaela keeps a strong audience in all this. I also hope that Costello and Michaela get a unique look to their shows. The studio in LA was really only designed for Dr. Drew and his audience based show, so I hope that this isn't a third show crammed into a set not designed for rolling news that doesn't feel unique.

I hope that this doesn't mean she's canceled in the future either, actually will I be able to watch her show more in the afternoon.    Erica Hill's show is hard to move because of CNN NY's studio scheduling (wouldn't have this problem in Atlanta ) .  

#7 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,431 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 03:18 AM

I think it depends on what content you want , if you want to hear Baldwin and Tapper cover the same politics story as the rest of the channel there you go , if you want other news of the day and different topics Michaela is there for you , better alternative than say Forensic Files.

What I don't understand:

I hope that this doesn't mean she's canceled in the future either, actually will I be able to watch her show more in the afternoon. Erica Hill's show is hard to move because of CNN NY's studio scheduling (wouldn't have this problem in Atlanta ) .

I don't want to stray off topic but CNN does have a studio in New York they refuse to renovate that would've alleviated any congestion.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#8 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 09 March 2017 - 10:40 AM

I think it depends on what content you want , if you want to hear Baldwin and Tapper cover the same politics story as the rest of the channel there you go , if you want other news of the day and different topics Michaela is there for you , better alternative than say Forensic Files.

What I don't understand:

I hope that this doesn't mean she's canceled in the future either, actually will I be able to watch her show more in the afternoon. Erica Hill's show is hard to move because of CNN NY's studio scheduling (wouldn't have this problem in Atlanta ) .
I don't want to stray off topic but CNN does have a studio in New York they refuse to renovate that would've alleviated any congestion.
they use it for town halls and The Messy Truth

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users