7 replies to this topic

#1 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 04:24 PM

It's interesting to see the coverage of this story on CNN U.S. I was watching At This Hour with Kate Bolduan who was asking Michelle Kosinski questions on the story, and there was a look of disgust on Bolduan's face. I know the majority of Filipinos love what he's doing to move the country forward. They may alienate some of their Filipino-American audience by displaying bias. Admittedly, I'm not too bothered by it. He is a controversial leader with thousands of extrajudicial killings under his belt. The difference that I see is that he hasn't tried to change the political system to give himself more power. He just wants to ensure that the country is clean before his term ends.

I think Anthony Bourdain should visit the Philippines again to show us what the Philippines is like under Duterte, and see whether or not the country had improved.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#2 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 May 2017 - 11:56 PM

Can't agree with you AJJ.  I don't think the way to improve a country is  to murder many. many,  many of it's citizens extrajudicially.  He's just like Putin and that Korean guy.  Pond Scum.  And he will change the political system.  They all do eventually  

#3 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 02 May 2017 - 05:38 AM

Yeah, I'm not for him being allowed in this country. I saw the photos taken of his murder rampage that won a Pulitzer in photography this year. I'm confused as to what kind of "judicial" or political system allows these killings.  And calling Obama the son of a w**** didn't endear him to anybody. And I don't know either - will his term end or can he run again?

But the brilliant ultra-intelligent New York real estate moguls now running this country will probably invite him to Sunday dinner, along with Putin, el-Sisi and Kim Jong-un.

#4 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 273 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

As a Filipino news junkie and CNNer, I am deeply dismayed and disappointed that murder seems to be the only resort for our President in his war against illegal drugs.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#5 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 03 May 2017 - 08:01 PM

Yeah, I'm not for him being allowed in this country. I saw the photos taken of his murder rampage that won a Pulitzer in photography this year. I'm confused as to what kind of "judicial" or political system allows these killings.  And calling Obama the son of a w**** didn't endear him to anybody. And I don't know either - will his term end or can he run again?

But the brilliant ultra-intelligent New York real estate moguls now running this country will probably invite him to Sunday dinner, along with Putin, el-Sisi and Kim Jong-un.

Now that would be an interesting dinner.  Maybe add Erdogan, too.

#6 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,925 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 08:53 AM

I'm sorry. I reread my post and I think I gave the impression that I'm okay with these murders. I am not. I meant to say I'm not too bothered by the bias. It's justified given the controversy that surrounds the Philippine president.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,136 posts

Posted 04 May 2017 - 09:33 PM

I'd be willing to bet if you asked most Americans if they were against, oh say, the Mexican government wiping out the drug cartel guys extrajudically they would not care. Most would probably say to go for it.

Just something feels different about what is happening in the Philippines.

#8 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 01 June 2017 - 06:59 PM

If you asked Mexicans the same question I'm fairly confident that they wouldn't like it.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users