1269 replies to this topic

#321 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1150 posts

Posted 01 January 2011 - 05:58 AM

She did a great job reporting in the middle of Times Square.

#322 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 10:12 AM

I only saw parts of the coverage but I thought she was great as well. I'd be surprised if she doesn't end up with a job on CNN US. She worked really well with Anderson during their interaction.

#323 ACAnderFan

ACAnderFan

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 03 January 2011 - 07:58 PM

She worked really well with Anderson during their interaction.

I would have rather she co-host the NYE special with Anderson instead of Kathy. I like the chemistry between Anderson and Isha.
"Sometimes I wonder if I'm the person I was born to be, if the life I've lived really is the one I was meant to, or if it is some half life, a mutation engineered by loss, cobbled together by the will to survive" ~ Anderson Cooper

#324 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 04 January 2011 - 02:19 AM

I really enjoyed seeing Isha report from Times Square. I also think she has a great chemistry with Anderson.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#325 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 8772 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:03 PM

Anyone else notice (thanks to her Twitter) how lately she goes to New York very often for no apparent reason ( she's not reporting or doing anything on screen for CNN).
She's there now, maybe she's visiting AC360 team.:geek:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#326 alexis6662

alexis6662

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 49 posts

Posted 07 January 2011 - 03:24 PM

Anyone else notice (thanks to her Twitter) how lately she goes to New York very often for no apparent reason ( she's not reporting or doing anything on screen for CNN).
She's there now, maybe she's visiting AC360 team.:geek:

First thing that came up to my mind was "Maybe she's visiting her boyfriend - maybe it's "dating long distance"" :D Does she have a boyfriend, anyway?

#327 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5255 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:52 PM

Isha Sesay is an anchor for CNN International based at the network’s global headquarters in Atlanta. Sesay joins the Anderson Cooper 360° team and will provide news updates throughout the hour. She is expected to appear on the program on a nightly basis while still continuing her duties at CNN International.

Full CNN release

#328 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 8772 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 11:54 PM

Not a surprise but I'm surprised she also stays with CNNI. :surprised:

Surely she can't keep on doing the first IDesk. The time gap between that and the AC time slot is too big.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#329 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4111 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:09 AM

Maybe her "continuing duties on CNN International" will just be Inside Africa?

#330 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 8772 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:18 AM

In addition to her role on AC360, Sesay anchors 10am ET edition of International Desk Monday through Thursday from Atlanta.

Is this something new, she didn't do IDesk today. If they updated her bio they wouldn't write this, right?

#331 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 12:41 AM

Anchoring IDesk, hosting Inside Africa, reporting for Inside Africa and doing news updates on AC360 at the same time... She will either be on vacation every three weeks or this is only a temporary solution, three to five months at most.

#332 excel99

excel99

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2718 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:30 AM

Congratulations to Isha, but I agree she won't be doing all this long term. She'll leave iDesk by the end of the year I predict, but stay with Inside Africa, at least as the anchor, and covering Backstory. I also wouldn't be surprised to see her being tried out doing some domestic reporting, or anchoring on CNN/US. The beginning of the end for Isha on CNNI (on a regular basis) I would think

#333 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 8772 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 11:40 AM

The time gap between the first IDesk and AC360 is 12 hours, plus she needs to be at CNNI at least 2 hours before IDesk starts so basically, unless she moves to CNN center, there's no way she can do both of these.
Even the second IDesk is not an option, the time gap is still too big.

The only realistic option is that she keeps Inside Africa and filling in on BS which is close to AC360 slot and airs at a time when she would have to be at work. This would make sense and also Fiounnala could get one of IDesk editions (hopefully second with Hala getting an hour again).

Edited by ginnyfan, 15 January 2011 - 11:41 AM.

#334 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 972 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 08:37 PM

AC360 airs at 10PM ET right? Given that she has to prepare for the ISDEK and has to show up at least two hours before both programs start, she will be at work for 15 hours every day... Even if she has some time off during the day, it's kinda irresponsible to make such an offer to her :shock:

#335 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2205 posts

Posted 15 January 2011 - 10:56 PM

I guess in order for Isha to do both IDesk and AC360, she has to show up at 8am ET and 8pm ET. I was thinking overnight shift, but even that won't fly. That's great and all, but I guess giving up I-DESK would be the only logical way of solving this...
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#336 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3212 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 08:49 AM

She could be more present in BS or other evening shows like ginnyfan said. She also has Inside Africa and its reporting to do, so leaving I-DESK would be a logical option for her, unless her goal is to be the employee of the month working for god knows, 16 hours a day..

#337 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2181 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:28 AM

I think this is all part of CNN's preparations for next year's presidential elections. Expect Isha to get on board that CNN bus in a month or two and report about potential Republican candidates. CNN Domestic lost several precious people last year and didn't hire any replacements so I guess utilizing some CNNI talent is a way of filling the holes.

#338 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3212 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 11:58 AM

I think this is all part of CNN's preparations for next year's presidential elections. Expect Isha to get on board that CNN bus in a month or two and report about potential Republican candidates. CNN Domestic lost several precious people last year and didn't hire any replacements so I guess utilizing some CNNI talent is a way of filling the holes.

Maybe. But as of now, she has been hired by AC360 to do a mere 2 minute headline read, which sadly is a complete waste of Isha's talents. Thank God she's not completely out of CNNI

#339 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 8772 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:07 PM

My guess now is that she'll keep doing both but will probably go home right after IDesk and then come back in time to do AC360 headlines. She doesn't have to prepare for them, just read them out several times during his show.

Is AC 2 hours long?
How many updates are there?

Posted Image
Posted Image

#340 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4111 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 06:42 PM

Is AC 2 hours long?
How many updates are there?

Technically, it's two hours, but the second hour is a repeat. :rolleyes: There are either two or three updates per hour.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users