#1 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 22 August 2007 - 09:09 AM

Setting the News Agenda.

Al Jazeera English, the sister channel of the Controversial "Al Jazeera Channel", is now considered as One of the Largest Global English News Channels in the World.

Despite of lack of availability in the United States, the channel had gained popularity outside US.

Instead making controversies like it's sister channel, it is more focus on being fair and looking at the 360 point of view.

Although the channel's technology is in full HDTV programming, the channel is transmitted in 14:9 from news programmes to commercials (unlike BBC World that only in 14:9 when it's a BBC News programme).

---------------
Related Videos:

Attached Files

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 07 September 2007 - 05:50 PM

what?

did cnn switch their name to al-WHAT? :lol:

#3 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 September 2007 - 06:26 PM

what?

did cnn switch their name to al-WHAT? :lol:

cool, good name for them :lol:

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#4 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 12:20 AM

Their Doha studios are nothing but amazing!

#5 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 12 September 2007 - 04:18 AM

Their Doha studios are nothing but amazing!

bigger and better than the ones at Sky News...

#6 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 05:02 PM

Yes, after watching the Al Jazeera doha studios, I had some hopes that CNNi would also change their studio just like of AlJazeera, but the atlanta sets are not that bad either, just a little small. But, AlJazz studios are so impressive.

#7 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 12 October 2007 - 08:16 PM

Yes, after watching the Al Jazeera doha studios, I had some hopes that CNNi would also change their studio just like of AlJazeera, but the atlanta sets are not that bad either, just a little small. But, AlJazz studios are so impressive.

The only place they could even go close to the studios in Doha would be Atlanta, and even there it would be a stretch to make it all fit with space to move about

#8 theBlockerPH

theBlockerPH

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 386 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 02:52 AM

i like the US New York Studios... the presenter can do the "stand" plus it's HD!
well AJE has a big Newswall... they are in HD (although they do it 14:9), but what's with that other table? the table at the right is somewhat NOT BEING USED... why build another one?

#9 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 03:25 PM

My favourite on Al Jazeeran english language would be the beautuiful and refined Ghida Fakhry. Still not as fluent as she could be but these are early days and Ghida has time on her side. Last nights Ghida
Posted Image

Al Jazeera will be more and more watched by me as CNN becomes more and more obsessed with Presidential election.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#10 xgrinch

xgrinch

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,418 posts

Posted 19 March 2008 - 08:23 PM

Too bad we don't get Al-J. here.
According to my cable provider, Al-J is not interested in Baltic market and the price for transmission rights for one small country would be bigger than UK and USA combined.
Weird.

#11 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,139 posts

Posted 21 April 2008 - 11:01 PM

"Ghida Fakhry, a journalist with guts and a story to tell"
http://www.fw-magazi...-and-story-tell

#12 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 01 May 2008 - 04:33 PM

Lovely link from Houston on beautifula and refined Ghida Fakhry. (I just can't type Ghida Fakhry without attaching the words beautiful and refined to it)

EDIT

After reading that link my opinion of Ghida has grew. Very insightful thoughts from Ghida.
Posted Image
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#13 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 May 2008 - 12:59 AM

http://www.youtube.com/v/62LC9gsD6Io

#14 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 02:02 PM

You are clever nexties are ya working toward a Phd in advanced computer science?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#15 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 13 May 2008 - 05:25 PM

You are clever nexties are ya working toward a Phd in advanced computer science?

good question, wanted to ask the same thing :lol:

#16 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 04:57 AM

I've been watching some of Al Jazeera lately, and it's actually pretty good. I like the reporting, and their studios are impressive. My only complaint of them is that their news is scattered into 30 minute pieces or Newshours; they don't have large newsblocks like CNN's Your World Today or CNN Today.

#17 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 December 2008 - 06:26 PM

With Hala away the choice was Coleen or Shiulie Ghosh, I chose Shiulie.
Posted Image
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#18 daryl

daryl

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 04 January 2009 - 01:56 PM

I'd rather watch Colleen. She is a great storyteller. She has a unique way of delivering the news that makes you want to watch her again and again. Not to say that stylish Shuilie is not good. She just needs one more thing. i dont what and she will be complete!

#19 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 05 January 2009 - 04:48 AM

I have fallen in love with Al Jazeera over the last few months. On the surface, the channel is a bit dry and boring, but they have so many interesting and insightful shows on the network, such as Listening Post and Inside Story. Their journalistic values are remarkable.

#20 daryl

daryl

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 165 posts

Posted 07 January 2009 - 02:02 PM

can't be compared to CNN though. i can watch CNN for several hours. the anchors are fun and exciting to watch. the news could be boring but i still would want to watch anyway but al jazeera anchors are too see serious and could get boring sometimes. i can only watch one edition of the news and am through. if they could only ease up a little bit, it will help but they are great professional though!

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users