31 replies to this topic

#1 Nexties

Nexties

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 321 posts

Posted 02 September 2007 - 10:01 PM

Wow! Just saw a TV Commercial with Kelly Wallace anchoring the CBS Evening News:
http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2006/12/13/image2253992g.jpg
Image Quoted from: http://www.cbsnews.c...in2253936.shtml

If it is true that CBS News is in last place, well then CBS should take note of the fact
that most CNN viewers would agree that Kelly is one of the best possible choices CBS
could make to help boost ratings for the CBS Evening News.

#2 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 02:37 PM

Attached File  MD CBS.jpg   17.29KB   558 downloads
It's hard enough to try to avoid seeing him on CNN, but now he's all over CBS. Yuck. I guess I'll switch to ABC. No Dr. Guppy there.

#3 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 07:28 PM

[attachment=0]MD CBS.jpg[/attachment]
It's hard enough to try to avoid seeing him on CNN, but now he's all over CBS. Yuck. I guess I'll switch to ABC. No Dr. Guppy there.

Did Sanjay ditch from CNN?

#4 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 08:25 PM

I never heard anything about that. :shock: But isn't he doing Planet In Peril (unfortunately) - how can he be on CBS when it hasn't even aired yet? :?

#5 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 10 October 2007 - 09:34 PM

I never heard anything about that. :shock: But isn't he doing Planet In Peril (unfortunately) - how can he be on CBS when it hasn't even aired yet? :?

Maybe he was a corperate spy :P

#6 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 09:15 AM

David, maybe you're right! :D (OK, not really :lol: ) Here's part of his his bio from the CBS site (click on the link for the whole thing):

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN's chief medical correspondent, contributes periodic reports to the CBS Evening News With Katie Couric through an agreement between CNN and CBS News. Dr. Gupta continues to work full-time with CNN.

There's nothing about it on his CNN bio.

I thought huge corporations hated each other? It all seems very strange to me...

#7 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 11:17 AM

David, maybe you're right! :D (OK, not really :lol: ) Here's part of his his bio from the CBS site (click on the link for the whole thing):

Dr. Sanjay Gupta, CNN's chief medical correspondent, contributes periodic reports to the CBS Evening News With Katie Couric through an agreement between CNN and CBS News. Dr. Gupta continues to work full-time with CNN.

There's nothing about it on his CNN bio.

I thought huge corporations hated each other? It all seems very strange to me...

I think that CNN should hold onto their anchors, not trade them between networks everytime they need a report on the chicken pox.

#8 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 11 October 2007 - 10:50 PM

His little buddy Cooooper probably got him on, since he's linked with CBS too. Sometime I wonder if I'm on CBS or CNN. From now on I'll just stick to the weekend CBS with Thalia Assuras anchoring. She should have been the one who took over, not Couric. Not that Couric is bad, she just seems out of her comfort zone and Ms. Assuras is as good an anchor as anyone. And I mean anyone.
Maybe Dr. Guppy stays home on weekends.

#9 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 October 2007 - 09:45 AM

I think that CNN should hold onto their anchors, not trade them between networks everytime they need a report on the chicken pox.

Yeeees! It seems like a simple concept, doesn't it?

Why does CNN bother hiring correspondents when they are going to go and let them appear on CBS in the same role?

#10 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 08 August 2008 - 05:06 AM

CBS lost my respect when they hired Couric. It's not that I don't have anything against Couric or that I doubt she can do hard news, it's just that they're trying to rejuvenate the national evening news by attracting a younger audience with a younger anchor when that's not possible. It's a dying audience, unfortunately, and alienating them with an unsuitable anchor justifies the loss in ratings.

#11 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 August 2009 - 06:51 AM

Aw.
TVNewser has learned longtime CBS News correspondent and former anchor of the Saturday Early Show and Evening News Thalia Assuras is leaving CBS News after her contract was not renewed.

Now, if CNN had any sense...

#12 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 12 August 2009 - 10:16 AM

^^^

That's sad news. I watched this weekend and they had some Ken doll reading the news. :roll:

And since I was just talking about CBS News, I had completely forgotten about this closing music they had. I thought it was great, and it's a shame the dumped it when Couric came for an inferior theme.

#13 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2010 - 03:03 AM

The Early Show got a makeover today along with their HD launch.

#14 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 03 May 2011 - 10:39 PM

And now, the CBS Evening News...with Scott Pelley:

http://www.mediabist...4511#more-64511

Even though almost everyone was reporting that he would get the gig, I'm still somewhat surprised that Harry Smith didn't get it after being ousted from the Early Show earlier this year.

#15 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:40 AM

here is something i thought the forum might enjoy

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#16 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:45 AM

Thanks for sharing. Where did you find the full theme? It's one of my favorites. I always like watching CBS in the morning whenever I can.

#17 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 09:50 AM

Thanks for sharing. Where did you find the full theme? It's one of my favorites. I always like watching CBS in the morning whenever I can.

I have my places of getting things.
Like a magician I cannot reval my tricks

Edited by gradycnn, 09 January 2015 - 10:00 AM.

DF0AiCd.gif

GradyACN your home for TV themes and opens, & mock studio designs https://www.youtube....er/Gradyconnell

CNNi, CNN US and HLN studio usage and rough schedule   <--Please update as you see fit

#18 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 01:16 PM

Oh Grady, you're such a tease.  

#19 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 695 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 05:22 PM

Love CBS  This Morning and their theme music.  Great upload  

#20 GradyACN

GradyACN

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 400 posts

Posted 24 March 2015 - 06:13 AM

http://www.newscasts...s-evening-news/

DF0AiCd.gif

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users