CNN anchor, based in London.

#2 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 07:17 AM

She is anchoring the UK morning edition of Business International.

#3 nyangel1987

nyangel1987

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:10 AM

yeah, i saw it too and wonder why. :roll:

#4 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 10:47 AM

That's strange. I can't even remember the last time she was on in the morning. It must have been in the BizNews era.

#5 Guest_gabi_*

Guest_gabi_*
  • Guests

Posted 23 April 2007 - 12:00 PM

She always looks a bit sleepy when anchoring in the morning.

#6 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 04:11 PM

I think Fionnuala is very good at her job, whatever is anchoring, covering corrent events and intervieing.

I think people sometimes don't give her the credit she deserves. Maybe because she seems to be a more reserved person, even shy sometimes. I bet she is a real nice person. There is this warmness in her eyes. Besides she is Irish. I havenít met yet, an Irish person who wasnít nice. :wink: :D
Posted Image

#7 nyangel1987

nyangel1987

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:05 PM

I think Fionnuala is very good at her job, whatever is anchoring, covering corrent events and intervieing.

I think people sometimes don't give her the credit she deserves. Maybe because she seems to be a more reserved person, even shy sometimes. I bet she is a real nice person. There is this warmness in her eyes. Besides she is Irish. I havenít met yet, an Irish person who wasnít nice. :wink: :D

good statement! That's right! :D I like her! :wink:

#8 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 08:24 PM

I think people sometimes don't give her the credit she deserves. Maybe because she seems to be a more reserved person, even shy sometimes. I bet she is a real nice person. There is this warmness in her eyes. Besides she is Irish. I haven’t met yet, an Irish person who wasn’t nice. :wink: :D

ok Thot I will make caps for you in the future :wink:

#9 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 23 April 2007 - 09:21 PM

Here's one recent pic of her in nice outfit. I liked here hair before, although I'm used to this short bob now.
Posted Image

#10 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 10:02 AM

Here are four caps from the "Road To The Whitehouse" special.

Attached Files

#11 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 11:20 AM

Fiounnala looks tiny, I didn't imagine her like that.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#12 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 13 June 2007 - 12:48 AM

Yes she does look tiny! I think she's doing a great job!
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#13 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 10:02 PM

She looks lovely on that second pic. I also love the London background, hope they keep it.
Posted Image

Posted Image
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#14 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:25 PM

Did they keep the London backdrop?
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#15 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 03 August 2007 - 10:34 PM

Yes, it's used on WN Europe.

#16 Shacklebolt

Shacklebolt

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 13 posts

Posted 05 August 2007 - 09:18 PM

Her hairstylist needs to be fired. The fringe is horrendous, does Fionnuala no favours.

She conduct a fantastic interview with an unionist lawmaker from Northern Ireland last week, considering her birthplace sensitivities and all.

Loving the London background as well. Hopefully it is for the long haul. :)

#17 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 06 August 2007 - 09:48 PM

I read on another board that she did CNN Today this morning with Max. Is it true and are there any pics????

#18 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 12:09 AM

I have had a change of heart towards Fionnuala! When I get home from school, she is hosting WNE and Headlines and such. Good voice, but she does rush herself. She doesn't wait for the images to change on the opener to talk about it, she just keeps going!

#19 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 19 October 2007 - 07:09 PM

I'm afraid I don't really like Fionnuala - I don't greatly dislike her, but she really lacks the charm that most other CNNI anchors have. And since the thing that really makes me like CNN much more than any other network is that the anchors have so much fun, Fionnuala really doesn't fit in. David's example of her rushing through the intro sequence in about 12 seconds is the thing that really annoys me - other anchors space it about a bit so you can see them smiling, and hear the great music. But she just has to sound as if she's desperate to go home! And Fionnuala (that name's hard to spell!), PLEASE change your hairstyle :lol: .

Nevertheless, she's always very clear and efficient - she's an OK anchor, but just not on CNN. :D

#20 cldsleyon

cldsleyon

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 October 2007 - 10:20 PM

I'm afraid I don't really like Fionnuala - I don't greatly dislike her, but she really lacks the charm that most other CNNI anchors have. And since the thing that really makes me like CNN much more than any other network is that the anchors have so much fun, Fionnuala really doesn't fit in. David's example of her rushing through the intro sequence in about 12 seconds is the thing that really annoys me - other anchors space it about a bit so you can see them smiling, and hear the great music. But she just has to sound as if she's desperate to go home! And Fionnuala (that name's hard to spell!), PLEASE change your hairstyle :lol: .

Nevertheless, she's always very clear and efficient - she's an OK anchor, but just not on CNN. :D

Whats up with the hair? She needed a makeover but not as drastic as she did. Everyday is a gothic look. She doesn't have any color in her closet? Hardly see her smiling. If she is that piss with her job why is she there. Maybe as you said she doesn't think she fits in or probably she is going through mid-life crises (just realized what she missed during her teenage years), now she is reinventing herself.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users