995 replies to this topic

#41 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 16 February 2008 - 11:02 AM

The shortness of skirt seen on Fionnuala on the latest IC is too much (or should that be not too much) Kristie Lu Stout could get away with it but Fionnuala looked ridiculous.

I don't know whats happened to her in the last year or so, possibly a mid life crisis.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#42 Guest_Mistico_*

Guest_Mistico_*
  • Guests

Posted 16 February 2008 - 09:55 PM

You have any pictures by the way ?

#43 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 11:41 AM

This is what I was on about Mistico.

Posted Image

On two or three CNNers a similiarly short skirt would be no problem but on Finnoula it looks ridiculous.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#44 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 12:05 PM

I totally agree with you Spitfire - that skirt looks horrible on Fionnuala. Very inappropriate.

I agree with your previous post that she must be undergoing some sort of mid-life crisis. :lol:

#45 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 01:04 PM

But she should be happy with the way she looks, I mean she looks younger than her age. She should return to her old hair style and use softer make up like before.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#46 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 20 February 2008 - 06:27 PM

She looks A LOOOOOOT younger than her age.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

#47 fionnualafan

fionnualafan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 01:20 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image

#48 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 03:16 PM

Welcome fionnualafan .
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#49 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 03:08 AM

Fionnula actually does look quite youthful, but has her mature aspects aswell when delivering the news. A good balance!

#50 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 23 February 2008 - 12:21 PM

Sorry, but I still find her far too depressing. She just doesn't seem to fit in with CNN in my opinion, when all the other anchors are always laughing, joking, smiling, being excited, etc. 8)

Saying that, she does read the news very well - she hardly ever makes mistakes.

#51 fionnualafan

fionnualafan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:26 PM

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#52 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 26 February 2008 - 09:30 PM

Cool caps Fionnulalafan! Are you taking pictures from your TV, because you can try to get them online with services like Vingo, which streams CNNi to your computer :)

#53 franqueirafan

franqueirafan

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 29 February 2008 - 10:00 PM

I also wanted to take pictures of the starting Vingo .. But the CNN not handle more there

Attached Files

#54 Guest_Mistico_*

Guest_Mistico_*
  • Guests

Posted 04 March 2008 - 03:28 PM

Does anybody knows her exact ? If she was born in 1965, then she would be 42 years old, but she looks younger.

#55 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 08 March 2008 - 01:26 PM

Here are some pics from last week.

BTW, I saw a bit of International Correspondents and Fiounnala had another very short skirt and some sexy stockings too. I'll try to make some pics.

Posted Image
Posted Image

#56 Guest_Mica_*

Guest_Mica_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2008 - 05:41 PM

I totally agree with you Spitfire - that skirt looks horrible on Fionnuala. Very inappropriate.

I agree with your previous post that she must be undergoing some sort of mid-life crisis. :lol:

Don't you think that's a bit rude? She's doing her job very good and after all that IS all that matters. The people anchoring the news, in my opinion, shouldn't be models if you want to see models maybe you should buy Vogue or something like that!

#57 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 12:01 AM

You know, I may befire gave bit been the biggest fan of Fionnuala, but I have to say, watching her for a week at the same time, same place, she really welcomed me into the newsroom and connected me with the stories. Excellent interviews with reporters and special guests, (Richard Gere). She did a great interview with Mr. Gere, but he does not understand how such an event unfolds, constantly interrupting her, giving his opinnion when he really had nothing to say regarding the issue ect.

#58 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,459 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 10:36 AM

Yes, I agree, I love Fiounnuala in the evenings on CNN. She brings authority and serious news very good.

#59 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 17 March 2008 - 09:13 PM

David, if you've seen what I wrote on Anjali's thread (about an excellent interview that Houston found), you might have seen this coming: :lol: :lol: :lol:

If news did not provide some sort of entertainment, why would people watch it? Every piece of news has to provide some entertainment and if that didn’t happen, we’d be getting zero ratings across the board.

From Anjali herself. And since I don't find Fionnuala entertaining at all, not the slightest bit, I'm afraid, "why would I watch it?" :lol: :lol: :lol:

Sorry, you're entitiled to your own opinions, but I'm afraid I don't think I'll ever like Miss Goth. 8)

#60 Ozzie Rosie

Ozzie Rosie

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 615 posts

Posted 18 March 2008 - 09:50 PM

I couldn't imagine anyone else on duty in the evenings (European time). Becky's excellent (or more than excellent) but evenings just wouldn't be the same without Fionnuala.
I'm Rosemary Church, thanks for your company. *SMILES*

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users