#1 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:17 AM

Hey Guys

To save computer Gigabites and such, I have uploaded a few of CNN's Podcasts to Youtube, more to come soon!

CNN All Access - Jack Cafferty

CNN All Access - Live Shot

CNN All Access - Space Shuttle Launch

CNN All Access - CNN All Access - Behind the Scenes of 'American Morning'

#2 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 08 September 2007 - 03:06 AM

Thanks, David!!

#3 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 October 2008 - 05:46 PM

I just watched the last couple of All Access - this week's covered breaking news on CNNI about the Nobel Peace Prize (Don and Jon) and last week was Alessio (pretty good). However, they have now added commercials at the begining and the end of the podcasts. I don't know when they started that, but is there nothing that CNN won't prostitute out to make a dime? Shame. I'm glad the one with Hala and Jim wasn't ruined with ads. (Oh, by the way CNN - I'll never support or buy any advertiser of the "free" video service that destroyed Pipeline nor will I of podcasts.)

#4 axmaniac

axmaniac

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 31 December 2008 - 10:04 PM

Hey David (or anyone else for that matter),

Could you help me complete my library--I need the all access podcasts released before 8/26/08 in itunes format. I can't believe that they've been discontinued :evil: !!! Much appreciation for your assistance.

thanks in advance,
grant

#5 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 01:50 AM

Hey David (or anyone else for that matter),

Could you help me complete my library--I need the all access podcasts released before 8/26/08 in itunes format. I can't believe that they've been discontinued :evil: !!! Much appreciation for your assistance.

thanks in advance,
grant

Hey Grant,

I'll try to find those for you, but I have deleted all of mine from my computer as a result of a crash. I'll be doing some research for them, but don't get too excited, just incase!

#6 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 08:24 AM

Grant,
Here's a link for All Access Your World Today 5/31/07
http://www.megaupload.com/?d=KBN8V9Q7

#7 axmaniac

axmaniac

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4 posts

Posted 01 January 2009 - 06:13 PM

Thanks guys! I'll try to get the casts from 8/26/08 on onto youtube sometime soon.

#8 Jeffmister

Jeffmister

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 88 posts

Posted 18 August 2009 - 08:26 AM

Can someone explain to me why CNN delete their podcasts off their servers after a certain amount of time, because I'm trying to download some AC360 podcasts from during the 2008 election season (the debates and before & after the election, because my external hard drive crashed) & the original file has been deleted from the server?

#9 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 03:34 PM

CNN Middle East (Usually only the audio version of MME)
Quest Means Business (Audio)
CNN World News Update (Audio updates with the music from the MME promo as the theme - I really want to get a clean version of that track)

Edited by Morpium, 19 June 2011 - 10:48 AM.
Fixed link

#10 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:45 PM

CNN World News Update (Audio updates with the music from the MME promo as the theme - I really want to get a clean version of that track)

Which MME promo are you referring to? The sound for that World News Update doesn't sound like either of these, it's too orchestral.

I'd quite like a clean version both of those tracks though, especially the 2008 version.
Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#11 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 18 June 2011 - 05:54 PM

^^I'm pretty sure I recognize the 2009 version.

#12 Lazlo

Lazlo

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,039 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:29 AM

That's so crazy! I just started subscribing to the World News update and it was driving me nuts trying to identify that music. I wonder if it is library music or a track published by CNN? I'd like to hear more of it as well.

How long has QMB been a podcast? I would have thought they could grab a few of the weekend feature shows and add them to podcasts as well.

Edited by Lazlo, 19 June 2011 - 02:29 AM.

#13 ukjds

ukjds

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 393 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:15 AM

Is the version that podcast subscribers get different then? The 2 seconds of ident music you can hear on the programmes on the site Morpium linked to sounds absolutely nothing like either of the two MME promo themes!

Edited by ukjds, 19 June 2011 - 10:16 AM.

Be sure to check out my YouTube channel for presentation from AJE, the BBC and CNN. Updated: 12th September.

#14 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 10:42 AM

It's the wrong link above - this is the correct link to the World News Update podcast: click here

#15 newser

newser

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 19 June 2011 - 02:05 PM

Just to make it clear, I don't use iTunes, so I listened to World News Update on cnn.com: http://www.cnn.com/s...ces/podcasting/

#16 Bubbles

Bubbles

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 20 June 2011 - 10:46 AM

Are there any other CNNI shows that have podcasts? I'm thinking World Sport could be cut down to a daily general sports news/discussion podcast.

#17 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 10 October 2011 - 09:54 AM

Starting the past week, all CNN video podcasts became much shorter: AC360 from ~35 minutes to ~10 minutes, GPS from the whole show down to 1 interview. What's that? Desperate ratings grabbing by driving people back to watch CNN on TV??
previosuly kev

#18 Xabat

Xabat

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 227 posts

Posted 12 October 2011 - 04:37 AM

It is very frustrating for me as well. I've since ended my subscriptions to the podcasts if they are only going to offer part of the show. Even if they had the rest of the show on their website and you had to click through that to watch the rest or listen to the rest of the podcast would be far better than completely gutting the podcasts.

#19 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

What? That's crazy! Are all the shows they have podcasts for being cut down or is it just those few?

#20 kk_kev

kk_kev

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 995 posts

Posted 14 October 2011 - 01:10 PM

What? That's crazy! Are all the shows they have podcasts for being cut down or is it just those few?

I think it's system-wide Posted Image Even Reliable Sources is down to 10 minutes. I now only listen to AC360 and GPS audio though, that works (sort of).
previosuly kev

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users