34 replies to this topic

#21 Dabir

Dabir

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 503 posts

Posted 20 July 2011 - 11:13 AM

I took some caps from the live stream earlier this morning.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Sport:

Posted Image
Posted Image

Weather:

Posted Image

Posted Image

And look! They even have pointers that are clearly inspired by CNNI's prime time pointers:

Posted Image

#22 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 21 July 2011 - 10:52 AM

Wow, that pointer looks good, but I think I prefer CNNI's style better. I do like the intro graphics for the weather and sport though. They look really nice.

#23 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 30 January 2012 - 12:40 PM

I don't know when it happened, but they've changed their graphics from the great caps above. It was just out of curiosity that I thought I would check their live stream. Apologies for the poor cap, but you can see they have dumped their adaptation of the old CNN/CNNI graphics.

Posted Image

#24 Usoka

Usoka

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 January 2012 - 12:50 PM

I think I prefer the previous look that looked like CNN and CNNI.

#25 Samson

Samson

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 496 posts

Posted 02 February 2012 - 03:15 AM

Thanks for the update Nuggle. I have to agree with Usoka, the previous adaptation of the CNN/CNNI graphics appeared to look much nicer. I do like the white ticker, as opposed to the black ticker though.

#26 Hamil

Hamil

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 418 posts

Posted 07 February 2012 - 04:05 AM

Hi guys, I'm a little confused as to where CNN Turk fits in with CNN Worldwide. According to Tony Maddox's bio:

He is responsible for an international news and information portfolio that includes five CNN services in English; CNN en Espa├▒ol; the joint ventures CNN-IBN, CNN Turk and CNN Chile, as well as international newsgathering, editorial and programming oversight.

Does that mean he has a controlling say in the partnerships such as CNN Turk, or just a consultative role?

#27 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 08 February 2012 - 08:48 AM

To be honest, I'm not sure he has that much (if any) control over those networks, otherwise surely we would see better co-ordination of newsgathering resources between them all. Also, from what I've read, CNNI isn't even a major stakeholder in some of those networks. There's probably some small role, but I just can't see anything to suggest a major role on his part.

#28 Nuggle

Nuggle

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,375 posts

Posted 13 February 2012 - 10:33 AM

I noticed on the first page of this topic, Morpium posted a couple of posts with links to some unique billboard campaigns from CNN Turk. Continuing that tradition, here is a set of the CNN Turk from 2011.

http://www.ibelievei...-putin-sarkozy/

#29 Wilma

Wilma

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 537 posts

Posted 13 March 2012 - 09:08 AM

Can anyone provide any information on this show from CNN Turk? Is it supposed to be like a Piers Morgan nightly interview show?

#30 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 01:35 PM

CNN has been trending in Turkey last few days, it seems like CNN Turk is not covering the riots, or at least not enough. Apparantly they were showing some documentary on penguins during the riots. Here's a photo comparing it to CNNI

1a_Q0c_EI.jpg

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#31 garh

garh

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,357 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:06 PM

CNN has been trending in Turkey last few days, it seems like CNN Turk is not covering the riots, or at least not enough. Apparantly they were showing some documentary on penguins during the riots. Here's a photo comparing it to CNNI

1a_Q0c_EI.jpg

Ginnyfan does CNN Turk broadcast in Turkey along with CNNI?

#32 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 02 June 2013 - 08:07 PM

^ I guess so.

We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#33 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN President

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,018 posts

Posted 04 June 2013 - 03:42 AM

Yes, both of them do,.  CNN Turk is in Turkish (and not in Kurdish - language that is just beginning to be broadcast since it had been banned for many years) and we all know that CNNi is in British English. 

And Ivan Watson did re/tweet that CNN Turk was showing Nero fiddling, I mean, a penguin show.

GF, do you get CNN Turk?

#34 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 05 June 2013 - 04:12 PM

^ Nope.

#35 FernandoCNN

FernandoCNN

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 09 June 2013 - 05:36 PM

In a interview on CNN Turk, the interviewee shows (in protest signal) a t shirt with the penguins...

http://video.cnnturk...enguen-surprizi

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users