1489 replies to this topic

#21 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 11 July 2007 - 09:35 AM

I believe KLS is married to an Indonesian banker or at least that is what I read. :?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#22 The Workaholic

The Workaholic

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 06:30 PM

This morning:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

#23 Guest_David_*

Guest_David_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:00 PM

I found something really interesting on the internet...some kind of "home movie" with kristie,probably made before she started as an anchor at CNN or at least she looks younger there.

Follow the link> http://www.newvenue....re02/index.html

Ps: and did she say the F*** word like...twice? :shock: LOL

#24 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 12 July 2007 - 11:15 PM

OMG, what is that, some kind of act. Suddenly KLS looks a lot different to me. :shock: :shock: :shock:
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#25 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:40 PM

What the hell.. was Kristie planning a career as an actress or something???

(Actually she said the f*** word five times) :shock:

#26 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:49 PM

Wow, I never thought of Kristie as an actress/director of an experimental film. :)

Her voice is really different than on tv though. I wasn't really shure that it was her until I saw the credits at the end.

#27 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 13 July 2007 - 04:13 PM

She looks like a person who's done a lot of interesting things in her life. Now everytime I see her on TV, I'll remember her saying the f*** word so many times.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#28 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 10:39 AM

No idea why Kristie Lu did one hour solo on CNN Today HK after Hugh did the first hour solo. They might be changing the set or maybe this is the new way of things, after all YW has been much the same lately. :?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#29 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 11:16 AM

Spitfire, I'm talking about that in the CNNI Studios thread. It looks like this isn't a set at all. They haven't showed it from wider angles. Maybe it's just a small desk with one seat, and a screen behind. I wouldn't be suprised.
Now Anjali is on air in some ugly green suit, with that dreadful non-moving background. What happened to CNN????

#30 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:45 PM

I found it strange too. No idea if that's permanent or not but i'd prefer to watch them deliver the news together. It just passes more interactivity to viewers.

The new set is hideous in my opinion (the same static white wall they have on YWT). However they did show the set from wider angles when Eunice Yoon joined kristie to talk about her report on sushi. Eunice had some sort of poster behind her with buildings trying to match the real view of the city (which didn't work out at all).

Well, at least Kristie looked lovely as always...

#31 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,499 posts

Posted 16 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

I didn't see that, so that means this is the final set. Well, I don't know who is that moron who designed all those new sets, and this horrible new look. CNN looks worse than a local news station. They've gone from huge good looking newsroom sets to small ugly bad lighting ones.
Sorry, I know I'm off topic. Kristie did look beautiful.

#32 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 17 July 2007 - 09:50 AM

Congratulations! :D
After Mallika Kapur it looks like KLS is the next mommy-to-be at CNNI!

#33 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 12:05 PM

I found something really interesting on the internet...some kind of "home movie" with kristie,probably made before she started as an anchor at CNN or at least she looks younger there.

http://www.newvenue....re02/index.html

Ps: and did she say the F*** word like...twice? :shock: LOL

Thanks for the link - that was a great find!

According to the information from the site, Kristie did make it before her CNN gig.

Stout originally wrote the script under the tuteledge of Anna Deveare Smith.

To work around the limitations of web movies, the filmmaker told a story entirely in close-up, from the camera angle down to the in-your-face attitude of the central character.

This movie was shot on Hi-8 and edited in Adobe Premiere at 160x120 pixels, 15 fps. To reduce file size, the filmmaker used Adobe After Effects to cut the frame rate to 7.5 fps and to mask and selectively blur the trees in the background.

Stout is a freelance journalist who writes for WIRED and the South China Morning Post (when she's not busy navigating through the hutongs of Beijing).

There's also a hotmail account listed for herself? I wonder if she still uses/checks it?!? :|

#34 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 01:49 PM

I didn't see that, so that means this is the final set. Well, I don't know who is that moron who designed all those new sets, and this horrible new look. CNN looks worse than a local news station. They've gone from huge good looking newsroom sets to small ugly bad lighting ones.
Sorry, I know I'm off topic. Kristie did look beautiful.

I don't think it's a permanent set. We may see the final set in months or weeks.. And the thing that I noticed is the small vertical red bg, just below the still map. It is similar to that of London and Atlanta.

#35 Mike

Mike

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 468 posts

Posted 17 July 2007 - 02:57 PM

Today Kristie was by herself again during the 1st hour then Hugh alone in the 2nd then Kristie solo again. Still i don't get it, why don't both co-anchor as it used to be :?
I think they do a great job together. CNN Today starts to lose some dynamism this way and what it's supposed to be a morning program suddenly turns into the one you fall asleep while watching.

#36 Guest_Jay H._*

Guest_Jay H._*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:17 AM

Hi! This is my first post here. I saw this lady on Cnn named kristie lu sout for the first time last evening and I was completely thrilled by her beauty. She is so pretty. Anyone has more info about her? I want to know everything. How old is she how long she has been at Cnn, is she american is she married?
Tks!

#37 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 July 2007 - 09:31 AM

Don't take this to the bank but what I believe is KLS is an American citizen with at least one of her parents ethnically Chinese and married to an Indonesian banker. Started on CNN as a tech correspondent and imprressed and became aa anchor. Like all the anchoresses that I like has looks, personality and sense of humour. :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#38 Guest_David_*

Guest_David_*
  • Guests

Posted 19 July 2007 - 05:34 PM

KLS is actually married to a malaysian lawyer. I read it in an article about her on Singapore's Straits Times.

"Kristie Lu Stout was born in San Francisco,California,in 1976 as the second of three sisters from an americam father and chinese mother. She started her career as a model at just age 13 when she was spotted by a top agent who rapidly got her into the modeling business.
Later she received a master's degree in media studies from Stanford Univeristy,California,before heading to China where she studied advanced Mandarin at Beijing's Qinghua University. She joined CNN International in 2001 as technology correspondent and is currently a news anchor for CNNI's morning program CNN Today in Hong Kong. Kristie is 30 years old and is married to a malaysian lawyer. She is currently expecting her first child".

Ps: you're welcome Morpium,I was searching the web for experimental films and ended up on that site where suddenly her name sounded quite familiar. :) I thought the video was worthed to share. About the hotmail account I have no idea if it is still functional...

#39 The Workaholic

The Workaholic

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 444 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 12:26 AM

Yesterday:

The woman in red:

Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image Posted Image

Posted Image

#40 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 July 2007 - 11:13 AM

Some classic Kristie with the "classic" Hong Kong set.

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users