990 replies to this topic

#41 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 07 March 2009 - 05:19 PM

Looks like they changed the rear projection wall with a new bulb. Looks much brighter.

#42 Joshuah

Joshuah

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 73 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:01 PM

The CNN U.S. studio really needs a new look, and with the Atlanta HQ being improved to HD, I asked someone from CNN whether there were any plans for a new look studio, the reply I got seemed quite promising, considering the move to HD.

"NR Atlanta employees would love a new newsroom - every year it's budgeted then put off - fingers crossed it will happen this year"

Interesting that its always budgeted. I think with the recent changes to the weather center, and the move to HD coming soon, a new look newsroom must be somewhere on the agenda.

Also, something I only realised last week, the CNN U.S. newsroom looks out onto the atrium of the CNN Center! Posted Image

Also, I'm new to CNNFan so :D Hi everyone!

#43 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 06:28 PM

Welcome :D :D :D

It sounds like a huge job - remaking their newsroom. How are they gonna work there?? Maybe they could move everything to NY during the revamp.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#44 alexander

alexander

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 261 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 07:22 PM

Maybe they could move everything to NY during the revamp.

That would be even more expensive than a new newsroom. :D I guess they will make it in parts.

#45 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 March 2009 - 08:34 PM

I remember reading that when CNN Domestic was painting the CNN logos in the current newsroom red back in the 90's, they used a big picture of the newsroom as a backdrop and placed a few people at desks in front of that in an effort to make it seem real.

Nobody seems to have any caps of that, but I'd be very, very interested to see them if anyone comes across any.

#46 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 11 April 2009 - 02:20 PM

The magic wall:
Posted Image

Posted Image

#47 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 April 2009 - 04:44 AM

Thanks for the pics! As Jon noted in another topic, it looks much, much, much better than the curved thing. I can see what the weather people are actually pointing to now! :lol: (the curved thing was too dim)
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#48 Riceo

Riceo

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 813 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 11:58 AM

Yes, now that magic screen is a BIG improvement on the curved screens they used! Very nice!

#49 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:42 PM

But the weather graphics must look all squeezed and small in that magic wall..?

#50 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 03:12 PM

But the weather graphics must look all squeezed and small in that magic wall..?

Trust me, it's not small. May appear so on camera, but it's actually very large.

#51 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 28 April 2009 - 09:46 PM

Wolf is presenting SitRoom today from the big New York set, which has been changed back to the political decor. Ugh.

#52 Jon

Jon

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,178 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 02:58 AM

I actually love the theme. If it wasn't using the traditional American colors, it would be a great international set. Everything is just very unified, almost like CNN International during 2006, when they had a clear message to send across regarding their presentation. Even the lower thirds look nice. I wish they would modify that for regular news presentation. The text is clear and not squished, while the program box is fixed to the lower left. The CNN bug could easily fit in the countdown clock.

#53 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:09 AM

It's not that I don't like the NY set-- in fact, I really like it and its layout. The only thing that bothers me is that it's a very busy set in its generic blue design, and it's even busier in the election design. I'm just sick of seeing that election decor because it's been around for so long. Though I will admit that the red white and blue design in the CNN NY set looks a lot better than any of Faux's patriotic sets.

#54 headliner101

headliner101

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 407 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 02:18 AM

Where is 360 coming out now?
CNN - The worldwide leader in news
CNN/I - Go beyond borders

#55 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 05:30 AM

It's coming from the main NY set as usual, but sometimes, on Fridays, they use a key. I have no idea why. I flicked over tonight to see what they were using, and it looked like a key to me.

#56 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 02 May 2009 - 11:53 PM

^^ I thought I was going crazy because I was thinking a little while ago that it looks like a key on some Fridays! It's not like they are using the studio that late on Friday night to record another show is it?
"The one function TV news performs very well is that when there is no news we give it to you with the same emphasis as if there were." (David Brinkley)

#57 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 05:12 AM

They could be recording Your $$$$$, but I don't think they record it that late in the day. Or perhaps AC360 on Fridays is taped? It feels like it to me sometimes anyway.

#58 jordan299206

jordan299206

CNN Viewer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 21 posts

Posted 04 May 2009 - 10:19 PM

I don't think so b/c Erica was in the main studio and they were using the screen for full screens. In a way, it looked like Anderson was outside...maybe in the Hamptons already for the weekend? :lol:

#59 Nelly

Nelly

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 513 posts

Posted 12 May 2009 - 11:08 AM

I love the Atlanta newsroom. It is so iconic and should NEVER EVER be dumped. With that said, it is time, and has been for a while, to update the whole newsroom set.

Keep the huge open feel, but whack a few plasma screens in behind the anchors, get rid of that wood (it looks so old). I remember someone saying that it is in the budget every year but always gets put off. Sure, there are other things like journalists they SHOULD be spending the money, but even the hardest news snob has to admit that it's time to make Atlanta's set look modern.

#60 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 02:29 PM

Those CNN logos in the newsroom are truly a symbolic icon for CNN; and they shouldnt be removed at all. But, Yes major renovation a must for Atlanta. Some of the angles looks so outdated.

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users