CNN anchor, based in Atlanta.

#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 18 April 2007 - 11:25 AM

As far as I've seen so far, Jim Clancy is the only CNN International anchor that has gone to Blacksburg, Virginia to cover the aftermath of that horrible shooting.

I wonder if he is reporting for CNNI exclusively, or for CNNUS as well?

#3 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 15 May 2007 - 05:30 AM

Did anyone notice that he had blue eyes yesterday?

#4 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 19 June 2007 - 10:14 AM

I respect that Jim C is prepared to go and report from anywhere, contrast that to Steven Frazier who in about a year at CNN International has done nothing but sit or occasionally stand reading an auto-cue.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#5 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 03 September 2007 - 04:01 AM

I respect that Jim C is prepared to go and report from anywhere, contrast that to Steven Frazier who in about a year at CNN International has done nothing but sit or occasionally stand reading an auto-cue.

I agree, Jim did a great job while out in Russia doing that extensive reporting. Good reporter, good anchor, full of enthusiasm

#6 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 September 2007 - 08:22 AM

Jim has returned to Iraq and I salute him for it even though it means more of the anchor I was hoping for less from.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#7 David

David

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 883 posts

Posted 30 December 2007 - 08:06 PM

Jim hosting the CNN Special looking back on the memerable moments of 2007

Attached Files

#8 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:30 PM

I don't think I've ever seen Jim standing up before.

Nice as it is to have a co-anchor, I think Jim is great on his own or in a pair. By far the best male on CNN, in my opinion. 8)

Posted Image

#9 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 06 January 2008 - 01:16 AM

Here's Jim doing NewsRoom one day during the last week of Dec. with "Knees" Nguyen.
Attached File  JC NewsRoom.jpg   36.29KB   1382 downloads

#10 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 22 February 2008 - 08:01 PM

He may not have the cheekiness of Michael or the humor of Jonathan, but there's just something about Jim that makes him the best male anchor on CNN, in my opinion. He has all the qualities of an amazing anchor.

he really has a way with the women too... I love the way he says things like "You'll love this Colleen" and "Take a look at this Hala" and things like that, full of enthusiasm. I've just posted a video on Colleen's thread with him saying something nice to Colleen - he's just such a pleasant person.

You just have to love Jim for the way he says things sometimes - this was on the YWT intro before: :lol: :lol: :lol:

http://i238.photobuc...n/JC_022208.flv

#11 Richard

Richard

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 02 April 2008 - 05:05 PM

It's great to see Jim in Johannesburg for the Zimbabwe coverage. He deserves the top stories like this. :P

Although it does leave Atlanta a bit thin on the ground for male anchors - Jonathan seems to be away, and Steven (fortunately) never does YWT any more. Solo Hala's great anyway. 8)

#12 Beano

Beano

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 472 posts

Posted 07 April 2008 - 10:07 AM

It looks like Jim could be away from YWT for some time since the Zimbabwe-story seems to drag on a bit. And as much as I enjoy Hala solo I do miss Jim somewhat. I hope that I am wrong and that he is going to be back this week.

#13 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 27 April 2008 - 09:54 AM

Does anybody know what television station(s) he worked for in Denver back in the early days? I read on his bio on CNN.com that he worked in Denver television, but I'm too young to remember. Perhaps I should ask my dad.

#14 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 06:05 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Uploaded with ShellUploader.

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#15 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 08 May 2008 - 07:11 PM

Why was he standing there, I saw pics of Ralitsa yesterday standing there too???
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#16 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,135 posts

Posted 15 June 2008 - 05:45 PM

April/May 2006, MEB Journal
http://www.mebjourna...nt/view/80/172/

#17 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 16 September 2008 - 02:29 PM

Wonder where Jim is these days. :!: :?: On vacation? I hope so. I also hope this change on CNN schedules and solo-anchor doesn't affect is role at CNNI. He is a great reporter and seems to be a great men as well. He still has a lot to show in Journalism, I hope CNN won't forget that.
Posted Image

#18 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 12:38 AM

yea
where is jim?

"And here we see the majestic B-52. Look closely when her little babies now take their first step into adulthood. They carefully leave the warmth of her mothers belly and set foot into the wild. Silently they fly towards their new home and lodge themselves into the ground and bringing some motherfu**in freedom to anyone in need. The B-52 is now ready to mate again and soon another batch of little bomblings will spawn from its womb to continue the never ending cycle of freedom and democracy."
Keksmonster0991

#19 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 07:35 AM

He did first edition of YWT yesterday.
We'll back tomorrow , if they let us out of our cages. - Monita and Owen on CNN Today, 2008.

#20 timon

timon

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 516 posts

Posted 07 October 2008 - 09:23 AM

thx :D
good to know that he is back.

Keksmonster0991

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users