484 replies to this topic

#41 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:16 PM

Sorry I missed that I actually wonder if Zain is the only CNN USAer who actually understands or cares who Jim Clancy is and his enormous stature in international news. Jim is Wolf Blitzer x 1000
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#42 .DC

.DC

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 04:27 PM

Jim is Wolf Blitzer x 1000

You are so right.

#43 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 26 March 2009 - 11:17 PM

I'm sorry I missed that exchange as well.

CNN turns 29 this year and Jim has been with the network for 28 of those years. I can't imagine spending that long in one job but one thing is certain - CNN is all the more better for having Jim serve that long.

#44 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 03:23 PM

Really important interviews today by Jim; live ones with Sinawatra(the previous PM); and also the current PM of Thailand(Abhisit). Tough questions. Jim is truly the living essence of true journalism of CNN. :D

#45 Paul

Paul

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 202 posts

Posted 13 April 2009 - 09:53 PM

I respect Jim Clancy so much, he is so professional. I caught him a few times on CNN Newsroom in the US, and it was so nice to watch him again. The downside was that it was during Rick Sanchez's hour, who I can't stand. He's anything but professional. He cut off Jim constantly last week or the week before I think it was. Jim barely got to say anything, but it was nice to see him either way.

#46 .DC

.DC

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 02:54 AM

What a good surprise it was to get to see Jim today in CNN US! It seems that there is a partnership between Jim and Rick. I saw Sanchez (about a month ago) with Jim in Your World Today.

#47 goursote

goursote

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 467 posts

Posted 14 April 2009 - 06:48 AM

I saw him recently ,too,well it was when Zain had her last day with Wolf.
I posted about it but it's still in her thread even though it's pure Jim-Rick related
They were talking about North-Korea by then

#48 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 03:56 PM

(click to enlarge)

I WANT YOU!
To follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/clancyCNN ***

*** Jim didn't actually say that - the pose just reminded me of this:

(click to enlarge)

Yep... plenty of time on my hands. :oops: :lol:

#49 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 04:38 PM

haha, :lol: :D

#50 dezbee2008

dezbee2008

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,302 posts

Posted 22 April 2009 - 07:04 PM

Yes, Jim Clancy, I will follow you. :lol:

LOL.
http://www.twitter.com/dezbee2008

Michael Holmes on Frederik Pleitgen:
"Only Fred Pleitgen can go 'hey, how's it going' to a bunch of Iraqi guys with guns" :lol:
- BackStory, April 16, 2009

"Thank you, Eunice Yoon. I look forward to working with you in the future, I think."
- Andrew Stevens on WBT, June 15, 2009

#51 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 23 April 2009 - 10:50 AM

(click to enlarge)

I WANT YOU!
To follow me on Twitter: http://www.twitter.com/clancyCNN ***

*** Jim didn't actually say that - the pose just reminded me of this:

(click to enlarge)

Yep... plenty of time on my hands. :oops: :lol:

Love it! Absolutely love it! Ha ha! Never thought I'd see Jim on Twitter but I can't wait to see what Jim tweets about. I see he's already been tweeting with ya Morpy. He seems like such a great guy!

#52 Charles

Charles

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,270 posts

Posted 30 April 2009 - 04:18 AM

Today I was able to sit down and watch Jim for the first time since he's had his solo slot. I must say that he truly is a treasure to CNN. One can just feel his years of experience. It's apparent that he isn't simply reading a teleprompter. Plus, he uses a new MacBook Pro, which is a plus in my book, and the sweeping shots of the studio are cool.

Posted Image

#53 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 03:31 AM

Jim hosted 'Inside Africa' this week and signed off "and that'll do it from my favourite program, Inside Africa"...

That IA is Jim's favourite program isn't a surprise to me at all. You don't travel the world all those years as a correspondent unless you're internationally minded with a true passion for news outside your own borders.

#54 Honn

Honn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 335 posts

Posted 13 May 2009 - 04:32 AM

Jim hosted 'Inside Africa' this week and signed off "and that'll do it from my favourite program, Inside Africa"...

That IA is Jim's favourite program isn't a surprise to me at all. You don't travel the world all those years as a correspondent unless you're internationally minded with a true passion for news outside your own borders.

IA is Jim's fav. as you could call it his 'child'. He was one of the founders of IA when he was still a correspondent and it was great to see Jim on on what he founded.

#55 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 15 May 2009 - 06:09 AM

Jim is genuinely interested in hearing how CNNI can better serve its audience. I love this man more and more every day...

Feel free to level any comments or criticisms about CNN, its coverage...and importantly, what we SHOULD be covering and we're missing!

I noticed a couple of comments regarding the lack of news on weekends. I'm about to tweet about that too. But I also love this comment from Daryn Kagan:

Where do I say I want more Jim Clancy? :)

#56 wetsom

wetsom

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 230 posts

Posted 25 May 2009 - 07:21 PM

Posted Image

#57 Arrapare

Arrapare

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 09:41 AM

very nic picture westom. Is that from CNN america? Does he do a show on the channel now?
My forum friends on twitter:
yazmanian_devil morpium Leroy greekdude ginnyfan peramirez dezbee2008 goursote Spitfire
My CNN friends on twitter:
Jennifer delgado Kristie Lu Stout Jim clancy Rosemary Church Kyra Philips Mark McKay Errol Barnett Backstory
http://www.twitter.com/arrapare

#58 Axl0706

Axl0706

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 997 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 11:37 AM

very nic picture westom. Is that from CNN america? Does he do a show on the channel now?

He might have been there as a guest on Rick Sanchez' hour...

#59 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 26 May 2009 - 04:08 PM

Wow, his 1/2 hour YWT is truly so informative and top notch;; bravo!!! :D It's like in that 1/2 hour, all the top news stories are fitted so cohesively, and the frequent analysis and on-the-set guests really adds extra breadth to the show. Also, Jim quite often uses CNN en Espanyol anchors, which is further commendable. Also, he shakes his guests hands after the interview! Classy man Jim Clancy.

#60 Leeroy

Leeroy

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,771 posts

Posted 27 May 2009 - 06:45 AM

^^ Yes, I love that fact that Jim warmly thanks his guests. It is so obvious to see when he is extra pleased when the guest is really good.

Yesterday I saw Morpy's tweet read by Jim. Well done! There were a couple of tweet names that sounded familiar. Were they other CNN fans as well? (Sorry, I don't really follow everyone's tweeter name).

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users