518 replies to this topic

#501 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

New dayside schedule (from Oliver Darcy)

4-6a ET Early Start with Christine Romans & Dave Briggs (former F&F Weekend anchor and CNBC contributor)
6-9a New Day
9-11a CNN Newsroom with John Berman & Poppy Harlow
11a At This Hour with Kate Bolduan
12p Inside Politics
1p onwards remains the same

Thoughts: Berman & Bolduan had a better team-up, but he's capable being paired with anyone. And, who'll replace Poppy Harlow's weekend slot?
We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#502 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 03:04 PM

4-6a ET Early Start with Christine Romans & Dave Briggs (former F&F Weekend anchor and CNBC contributor) beginning Feb 23
6-9a New Day
12p Inside Politics

Thoughts: Berman & Bolduan had a better team-up, but he's capable being paired with anyone. And, who'll replace Poppy Harlow's weekend slot?

Edited by James Jayoma, 31 January 2017 - 03:09 PM.

We'll have another hour of news from around the world as this broadcast continues to our viewers on CNN USA & CNN International. --George Howell

#503 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 04:38 PM

4-6a ET Early Start with Christine Romans & Dave Briggs (former F&F Weekend anchor and CNBC contributor) beginning Feb 23
6-9a New Day
12p Inside Politics

Happy for Berman to get 9a, but it's a shame to see him leave Christine and Bolduan. Also happy they decided to put two hours at 9. Not happy that they kept CNN Newsroom from 9-11 and At this hour from 11-12. Berman had two signatures shows to his likeness, now he just has the generic CNN Newsroom.

CNN International Current Anchors and Schedule <--Please update as you see fit

#504 imjohndoeandthisiscnn

imjohndoeandthisiscnn

CNN V.J.

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 10:18 PM

I think it'd be better for At This Hour to go for three hours from 9am ET to 12pm ET, it'd be better for the transition between morning and daytime and could also act as a West Coast breakfast show. It even gets rid of the hodge podge of different daytime blocks they have.

"The news coverage continues. Around the world, around the clock, this is CNN." - Richard Quest, 20 May 2016

#505 AJJ

AJJ

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,904 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 11:59 PM

Ugh. How is Poppy Harlow getting promoted? She's a weak presenter to me. I would've just moved Christine and John together off Early Start to anchor CNN Newsroom.
NEW DAY, BLACK FRIDAY 2015

BERMAN: Have shoppers become hooked on their mobile devices to fill their needs?
PEREIRA: Guilty as charged!
BERMAN: Their shopping needs, I'm talking about. We'll break it down next.
PEREIRA: (gasps) What is wrong with you?!
BERMAN: I don't know!

#506 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 01:09 AM

These are pretty good changes in my estimation. I don't know about Dave Briggs on Early Start. He doesn't seem like the most professional, or experienced anchor, but it is also 4am in the morning so does it really matter.

The co-anchored Newsroom sounds decent to me, but they need to make up their mind. Is Newsroom co-anchored, single headed? And will John & Poppy use Studio 71 or Studio 58? I assume Kate will use whichever they don't use. I sure will miss Poppy on the weekends. Hope they bring in someone who has her popularity and talent (Not Pamela Brown)

I also think it's kind of funny CNN didn't announce Inside Politics with John King at Noon as new, and pretended it has always been there.

#507 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:18 AM

I would have liked the  Berman and Kate Bolduan  pair up to stay and keep the name At this Hour and have  Poppy do 11AMET.   I don't think Studio 58 will be used for NewsRoom  since New Day flows right into Newsroom (no break). 

#508 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 05:43 AM

I would have liked the Berman and Kate Bolduan pair up to stay and keep the name At this Hour and have Poppy do 11AMET. I don't think Studio 58 will be used for NewsRoom since New Day flows right into Newsroom (no break).

If only CNN had another large studio in New York like the Comms Center to use.

#509 James Jayoma

James Jayoma

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 246 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 05:29 AM

Does anyone have a clip of the last Berman & Bolduan broadcast?

#510 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 07:11 AM

Does anyone have a clip of the last Berman & Bolduan broadcast?

Well the last broadcast was a bit awkward because John was only on for a special segment with Coy Wire in Houston at the end of the show, where they introduced him as John Berman, anchor CNN Newsroom.

Edited by jjerome95, 05 February 2017 - 07:11 AM.

#511 jjerome95

jjerome95

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,429 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 05:56 AM

CNN today postponed the messy truth with van jones for breaking news but kept "History of Comedy". They never cease to amaze me

#512 sky303

sky303

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 647 posts

Posted 10 February 2017 - 11:10 PM

Well now they can justify keeping it, since it beat The Last Word in the Demo , makes Zucker Happy. 

#513 MVJR4

MVJR4

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,514 posts

Posted 19 February 2017 - 08:13 AM

CNN To Host Debate Night: Democratic Leadership Debate on Feb. 22

Dana Bash and Chris Cuomo Moderate Debate with Democratic National Committee Chair Candidates

CNN will host Debate Night: Democratic Leadership Debate with candidates for chair of the Democratic National Committee at 10 p.m. ET on Wednesday, Feb. 22.

CNN chief political correspondent Dana Bash and New Day anchor Chris Cuomo will moderate the primetime event live from the CNN Center in Atlanta, Georgia just days before the Democratic Party chooses a new national leader. The candidates will debate their visions and strategies for the 2018 midterm elections, how to rebuild the Democratic Party and the role of the DNC under the Trump administration.

The live event will air on CNN, CNN en EspaƱol, CNN International, CNNgo, Westwood One Radio Network and on CNN Channel 116 on Sirius XM.

From CNN Press Room

nk3oC4P.png "We need a hashtag... #UpholsteredBarStools?-Hala Gorani, 5/8/15

>CNN/U.S. Anchors/Schedule 2017 2016 2015 SOON: 2014

>HLN Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines Anchors/Schedule 2017

>CNN Philippines videos on my YouTube channel!

#514 CNN_Maryland

CNN_Maryland

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,093 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 04:06 PM

Just saw a promo for a live edition of CNN Newsroom with John Berman, airing this Sunday night at 11pm eastern time, following new episodes of the CNN Original Series "Finding Jesus" at 9 and "Believer" at 10. The next day is very busy with Russia hearings on Capitol Hill, and Neil Gorsuch confirmation hearings, meaning Berman's normal 9am-11am block will probably be anchored by Wolf Blitzer and Jake Tapper.

Very nice, and rare (becoming less rare, thankfully) that CNN is expanding news coverage instead of airing boring taped programming that has nothing to do with the news. Also worth noting, Newsroom with Ana Cabrera has been airing in the 8pm ET hour on weekends for a while now. They rate fairly well up against MSNBC opinion show replays and taped FOX opinion shows. 

#515 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 18 March 2017 - 06:35 PM

It seems that every week CNN that every week or two CNN Domestic has new reporters.  Is this my imagination or is it true?  

#516 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:55 AM

It seems that every week CNN that every week or two CNN Domestic has new reporters. Is this my imagination or is it true?

it's quite true indeed. Expansion isn't bad though, is it?

#517 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 19 March 2017 - 06:19 PM

It seems that every week CNN that every week or two CNN Domestic has new reporters. Is this my imagination or is it true?

it's quite true indeed. Expansion isn't bad though, is it?

Is it expansion or replacement?  

#518 Revorushin

Revorushin

CNN Copy Editor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 712 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 09:35 AM

Expansion.

#519 Carolina Argentina

Carolina Argentina

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,962 posts

Posted 20 March 2017 - 08:35 PM

I guess, but I wish they'd work on expanding CNNi.  

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users