#2 Morpium

Morpium

CNNFan.org Hero

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,260 posts

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:29 PM

Oh Morpium! How could you forget ITME?

Posted Image Would you belive it was a late night for me? Truth be told, I have never seen a full episode of ITME - Mainly because of the silly time it gets shown here. I do hope to catch a full episode sometime soon though.

#3 Guest__*

Guest__*
  • Guests

Posted 20 March 2007 - 11:53 PM

I saw the pre- ITME promotiom today, but I forgot what was the date they anounced for the next ITME. :? 7th of April? Not sure but I think it was that. :oops: What great Hala fan I'm. :oops: :roll:

#4 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 03:59 AM

I can believe that.

#41:
HOSTED BY HALA GORANI FROM EGYPT

NUBIANS IN MODERN EGYPT - HALA GORANI
They once ruled Egypt and now they're barely clinging to relevance. In the space of a single generation, the Nubians, one of the oldest and richest cultures in history, have been forced into an exile of sorts in their own country. A series of floods from the construction of dams displaced this ancient community from the banks of the Nile, sometimes deep into the arid desert. Hala Gorani visits their villages and speaks to Nubians who remember their people's golden age, as well as the younger generation whose main source of income comes from turning daily Nubian life and culture into tourist attractions.

MARRIED TO A BEDOUIN - SCHAMS ELWAZER
SAUDI DESERT ECOLOGY - NIC ROBERTSON

Full description:
http://www.cnnasiapa.../en/program/29/

Schams doing a segment should make Spitfire happy.
(Yes, April 7).

#5 nyangel1987

nyangel1987

CNN Intern

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 101 posts

Posted 22 March 2007 - 08:31 AM

I saw the pre- ITME promotiom today, but I forgot what was the date they anounced for the next ITME. :? 7th of April? Not sure but I think it was that. :oops: What great Hala fan I'm. :oops: :roll:

think cnn shows ITME on the first saturday of the month...so it should be the 7th april. :wink:

#6 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 March 2007 - 11:47 AM

Oh yeah Houston I like that Schams Elwazer is gonna have some ITME input. We had that report from Turkey but the last time I saw Schams was when she was holding a camera on Hala's Oyster hunt. :wink:

#7 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 12:40 AM

Posted Image
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

#8 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 03 April 2007 - 10:33 AM

Haven't seen the promo yet so I appreciate those caps, Hala looks great, even when she appears without make-up. :wink:

#9 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:27 AM

Posted ImagePosted Image

The ancient ruins of Egypt could all be in the seven wonders. What amazing sites.

#10 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 08:44 AM

Excellent Houston

I don't like that I saw 2 of the 3 segments on YW but I like very much that we saw a short segment of the ITME gals together. Hala Basha being first among equals.

#11 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 April 2007 - 09:25 PM

Thanks Houston for the caps. They are just great. :D

Here some pics from the behind the-scenes of this month ITME program.

Shooting links in a market in Aswan.
Posted Image

Schams Elwazer battling the sun as Hala shoots links near the Sacred Lake in the temples of Karnak.
Posted Image

Hala Gorani speaking with the director of the Nubian Museum.
Posted Image

An older Nubian man shares his photos of life before the dam.
Posted Image

IME team with Nubian man
Posted Image

Hala Gorani shoots links from the sun deck of the Nile cruise ship.
Posted Image

The team takes time to get a group photo.
Posted Image

Hala Gorani writing her script
Posted Image

Hala Gorani walking through the Hypostyle Hall in the temples of Karnak
Posted Image

Nerver seen so many pics of ITME behind-the-scenes before. Feels almost like a delicious Easter chocolate egg. :P
There are taken CNNI's ITME page. Here:
http://edition.cnn.c...ms/middle.east/
Posted Image

#12 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 08 April 2007 - 07:39 AM

Wow. Those are amazing. I don't think they've ever done that before. Hope they do it every month.

#13 Guest_curve_*

Guest_curve_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 April 2007 - 10:11 AM

Yep, the behind-the-scenes photos are really nice! Hope one day they will air a special behind-the-scenes episode where we can enjoy all the bloopers and off-camera moments.

#14 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 27 April 2007 - 09:46 AM

Thankfully the Queen of Watchability is still gonna host the forthcoming ITME from the rather exotic location of Marrakesh. :P :P

#42:

Hosted by Hala Gorani from Morocco

MARRAKESH REVIVAL

With its snake charmers and storytellers, Marrakesh has long been an offbeat destination for travellers. Now hotels, holiday homes, and golf courses are transforming the ancient city into a mass tourist destination. Some residents fear the development may be too much, too fast. Hala Gorani takes us to the streets of Marrakesh's old Medina, where thousands of old-style Moroccan homes, or "riads," have been converted into hotels for tourists.

CITY IN THE DESERT

A bold vision - sprung out of the Saudi desert. A skyscraper-studded financial center... a beach resort... an industrial district... an education zone, and a residential area for almost two million people. And that's not even a complete list of all the offerings. This ambitious project - King Abdullah City - will rise out of Saudi Arabia's desert along the Red Sea coast north of Jeddah. With investments exceeding 26-billion dollars, it's the largest private development in the Kingdom's history. The Saudis envision the city as an economic epicenter for its booming youth population. Senior International Correspondent Nic Robertson has this up-close look at the city's progress.

WEST BANK STORY

If you watched the Academy Awards this year, you may have noticed that the Academy honored a short film about the Middle East. What you may not know is that the film was very controversial -- a musical comedy about tensions between Israelis and Palestinians. The student film was made by an American who was warned that taking a humorous look at a serious conflict might ruin his career in Hollywood. Peter Viles has a look at the Oscar-winning best live action short,"West Bank Story," and the idealistic American who made it.

Show Times
5 May, 2007 3:30 PM GMT +08:00

5 May, 2007 9:30 PM GMT +08:00

6 May, 2007 2:30 AM GMT +08:00

6 May, 2007 7:30 PM GMT +08:00

10 May, 2007 9:30 PM GMT +08:00

11 May, 2007 1:30 AM GMT +08:00

#15 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 30 April 2007 - 11:55 PM

Posted Image

#16 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 04 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

New Diary and video clips are up.

http://edition.cnn.c.../morocco.diary/

and a couple of pics (CNN).

Posted Image

#17 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:20 AM

I wish CNN would stop running ITME reports before the show goes out. Do it after not before. :roll:

All in all an excellent edition :D definitely on the upper half of the ITME ladder of watchability. :wink:

#18 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 08:23 AM

I've never seen Hala so... like a kid!
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted ImagePosted Image
Posted ImagePosted Image

It seems if I remember didn't Hala do a very similar story on D360? I'll have to look later, but I'm pretty sure - maybe it was personal residences.

#19 ginnyfan

ginnyfan

• Moderators
  • 10,457 posts

Posted 05 May 2007 - 12:08 PM

Beautiful caps Houston, I didn't get to see the show yet, I'll try to catch it during the day.

#20 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 11 May 2007 - 12:09 AM

Following Thot from last month, they did behind the scenes again this month.
http://edition.cnn.c...et.exclude.html

Reply to this topic

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users