Are these different times?
Attached File  AD.jpg   41.57KB   644 downloads

#22 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 02:15 AM

Well, at least there are no commercials or crawl on Pipeline, but if I may once again - I really really dislike the evil empire Comcast. I want CNNI back on the TV!

Attached File  Break.JPG   22.42KB   614 downloads
Attached File  break2.JPG   17.89KB   614 downloads

Hala looks to be a pretty good athlete. Sank that ball second shot. Didn't they already do a story on plastic surgery, but in Iran? That's two months in a row with sorta repeat stories. Not good.

#23 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 02 June 2007 - 08:51 AM

Mmm kind of difficult to judge this edition, liked Hala's report of course but the other two not so much. I don't have a harsh opinion about Hala's red flat shoes but I won't say I love them either. Does red go in the desert???
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
"Do not adjust your set she really is that beautiful."
YWT 14th November 2006

#24 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 12:35 PM

They ran ITME last night and after it was over, I got up to go, but then I caught just a part of Stephen Frazier coming on saying the gov't of Bahrain took issue with Hala's piece. What was that all about?

#25 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 01:00 PM

Here is what I know about that. On Sunday also Steven Frazier told us viewers that the Bahrani government objected to Hala's report on how the Shia minority within Sunni Bahrain are discriminated against. Steven told us that CNN stands by the piece and then they read a rebuttal by the Bahrani government explaining their side of the story. I just hope that that Shia guy who made some critical remarks about the Bahraini government isn't arrested and tortured because that kind of thing is endemic in that part of the world. Hala did ask him if he was alright running his remarks and he said yes but still. :? :?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#26 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 05 June 2007 - 04:29 PM

Thanks. I remember she asked him several times. Like they say, if you're upsetting people, you must be doing something right.

#27 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 08 June 2007 - 05:40 PM

There is a new, but small, gallery from the last ITME, here:
http://edition.cnn.c...ms/middle.east/

Now that Hala is in Baghdad, I wonder if this isn't a good chance to do a special ITME over Iraq.
I know that we listen reports about Iraq everyday, but it would be a chance to show different type of stories, like they try to do in ITME.
Posted Image

#28 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 12:03 PM

Looks like we've already seen one of these:

#44: Hosted by Hala Gorani from Baghdad

IRAQI CULTURAL WARRIOR

Cultural life in Iraq is reeling after years of attacks linked to the violence that has gripped the country since the U.S. invasion in 2003. But against all odds, an institution that collects books and documents is rising from the ashes - largely due to the efforts of one man. Saad Eskander is the head of Iraq's National Library and Archives. Along with some four hundred other workers, Eskander risks his life to help preserve important fragments of Iraq's past. The library is situated in one of the most dangerous areas in Baghdad, near Haifa street. Eskander says the library is more than just a building - it's a battlefield where the prize is Iraq's very soul. As Hala Gorani reports from Baghdad, in a place that so often lacks hope, Eskander's library seems like a small beacon of light.

IRAQ - LONELY END

As war rages on the streets of Baghdad, tucked away at the House of Mercy Retirement Home are Iraqis who are largely forgotten. In a society where families typically take care of the elderly and keep them at home - they are sad exceptions. Their eyes have witnessed the tumultuous history of Iraq over the last seven decades. Hala Gorani talks to the residents of the retirement home, hearing their stories of past events, as well as their take on Iraq's current struggle.

IRAQ ART MEMORIAL

London's Institute of Contemporary Arts has invited 26 artists around the world to help create a memorial to the Iraqi War. The work addresses the invasion and occupation of Iraq, the country's slide into civil war, the deaths of soldiers and civilians, and the conflict's relation to global jihadism and the War on Terror. The intention is not to find a definitive memorial to a war - a difficult task at any time, and especially in the context of an ongoing conflict. As Phil Black reports from London, the exhibition explores different perspectives on what can or should be memorialized.

http://www.cnnasiapa.../en/program/29/

#29 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 01:41 PM

Well I'm not suprised about Hala's House of Mercy report being one of the segment's as it was Vintage Gorani. Now I know it's almost a certainty that Schams is also in Baghdad as she is the ITME producer.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#30 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 29 June 2007 - 02:03 PM

Iím glad there will be an ITME next month. Even more pleased to see that is covered from Baghdad. Maybe thatís why Hala was off for a few days.
IF there was no ITME on July, I think Hala would have wasted a good chance to final have an ITME report covered from Baghdad. Even if some of the stories were already shown, lots of people missed the opportunity to see it.
I think that there even should be an all full hour of an ITME special. I think it would be worth.
We see so many daily stories about Iraq, mostly about bomb attacks; it would be good to see one program just dedicated to the people of Iraq and their lifes and perspectives of a country at war.
Posted Image

#31 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 08:29 AM

The inclusion of previously seen House of Mercy Hala doesn't detract from an excellent edition of ITME. That artificial limb factory report wasn't included in the programme.
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#32 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 11:40 AM

But the "House of Mercy" or "Loneliness for elderly in Baghdad" report shown on ITME, was wasn't exacly the same as we previous saw. It had some images and information not shown before and vs versa. We can see that this was differently edited for ITME.
Posted Image

#33 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 07 July 2007 - 03:07 PM

But the "House of Mercy" or "Loneliness for elderly in Baghdad" report shown on ITME, was wasn't exacly the same as we previous saw. It had some images and information not shown before and vs versa. We can see that this was differently edited for ITME.

It must have been shortened for TV, it was even sadder this time. I didn't catch much of the first piece, which looked interesting. But I'm sure it will run again.
And who is Phil Black? Is he a new reporter?

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

#34 Junk Junk.

Junk Junk.

CNN Anchor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,212 posts

Posted 08 July 2007 - 11:37 AM

Is Hala back in atlanta? Will she be anchoring from this week??

#35 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:20 PM

No she's still in Iraq and unlikely that we will see Hala in Atlanta until August or even September. :(
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#36 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 28 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

I wonder if there will be ITME next month. :!: :?: We are almost at the end of this month and there was still no promo whatsoever. :?
Posted Image

#37 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:16 AM

The time to look for the new ITME promo is in the early hours of Tuesday.

My feeling is that the new ITME will like the last be from Iraq, otherwise where would Hala have found the time to journey elsewhere. That Baghdad Zoo report could be one of the segments. :D
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#38 Thot

Thot

CNN Contributor

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,309 posts

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:47 PM

I don't understand why ITME is always so little promoted at CNNI. Just look the promotion other programs have like Art of Life, Quest, etc... :? :(
Posted Image

#39 Spitfire

Spitfire

CNN Correspondent

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,034 posts

Posted 31 July 2007 - 08:41 AM

Well the news is Brent Sadler is back presenting ITME, saw the promo. Schams Elwazer would have been a better alternative but there is a good chance she was with Hala in Iraq.

Will I watch the Brent edition. Yes of course but it won't be the same. :?
Quote of the week
Holmesy on Hala
YWT 14th November 2006

#40 Houston

Houston

Administrator

• Administrators
  • 4,138 posts

Posted 01 August 2007 - 02:00 AM

Give ITME the big ad w/o HALA????

Reply to this topic